Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Dell Outlet Store

Options
  • 11-06-2011 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

I have been keeping an eye on this recently and there is some incredible value on it - http://www.dell.co.uk/outlet

I ordered a top spec XPS 15 last night for just over 500 sterling last night (got it delivered to someone in the UK). The same spec'd machine on the dell.ie is close to 1300 euro.

Stock seems to sell out quickly and is added a few times a day from my experience.

Got a quad core i7, 6gigs of RAM, 750GB hard drive, 2GB Nividia 540 gpu, blu-ray drive and a regular LED screen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

I have been keeping an eye on this recently and there is some incredible value on it - http://www.dell.co.uk/outlet

I ordered a top spec XPS 15 last night for just over 500 sterling last night (got it delivered to someone in the UK). The same spec'd machine on the dell.ie is close to 1300 euro.

Stock seems to sell out quickly and is added a few times a day from my experience.

Got a quad core i7, 6gigs of RAM, 750GB hard drive, 2GB Nividia 540 gpu, blu-ray drive and a regular LED screen.

The deal you got was pretty damn good. However right now I can't see any real bargains on the site. Maybe as you say they get snapped up quick.

Just to note for people the prices shown are excluding vat until you actually click on a specific product.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

XPS L501X
    Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64 BIT)
    Processor : Intel i7-840QM(1.86GHz) Mobile CPU
    Hard Drive 256GB Solid State
    Memory : 6144MB (1x2048 + 1x4096) 1333MHz DDR3 Dual Channel
    Optical Drive : Tray Load Blu-ray Disc BD-Combo (Reads BD and Writes to DVD/CD)
    Display : 15.6" Full HD B+RGLED True-Life (1920x1080) with 2.0 Mega Pixel Integrated Camera
    Battery : Primary 9-cell 90W/HR LI-ION
    Back Up Media Not Included

For 1,019 sterling - not bad :|

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Do they let you buy with an Irish credit card and get it delivered to the UK?

Do they let you buy with an Irish credit card and get it delivered to the UK?

I got confirmation that my order was accepted so I am hopeful.

I assumed that my Irish credit card would be rejected so I entered the first line of my actual Irish address (knowing that that is what is verified for authorisation) but put in the delivery address for the remainder of the billing details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

I used one of those in the past and was very satisfied with the service I received

http://dealhunter.ie/

http://www.deliverme.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I dont see any great bargains there TBH. this system is similar spec and much cheaper plus its new.

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/HP_Pavilion_DV7-6052ea_1066198.html

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I dont see any great bargains there TBH. this system is similar spec and much cheaper plus its new.

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/HP_Pavilion_DV7-6052ea_1066198.html

The one I bought is a lot cheaper than that.

The second one I posted has a large SSD - would bump the price up significantly.

Forgot to post back again but I received the laptop without any issues whatsoever - delivered to an address in the UK.

XPS 15, 2GHz Quad Core i7, 6 GB Ram, 750GB Hard Drive, 3GB Nvidia GeForce 540M, Blu-ray, USB3.0, backlit keyboard and 1366 x 768 LED backlit screen.

Got the above for 560 sterling delivered. Wish I went all out and got a 1080p screen but I am delighted otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Forgot to post back again but I received the laptop without any issues whatsoever - delivered to an address in the UK.

XPS 15, 2GHz Quad Core i7, 6 GB Ram, 750GB Hard Drive, 3GB Nvidia GeForce 540M, Blu-ray, USB3.0, backlit keyboard and 1366 x 768 LED backlit screen.

Got the above for 560 sterling delivered. Wish I went all out and got a 1080p screen but I am delighted otherwise.

Could you please clarify how you ordered , where you put your irish billing address ect. ?
    Cheers

I put in the first line of my Irish address in the first line of the few address fields for the billing address. Filled in the rest of the lines with the delivery address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Please note the site is constantly watched and refreshed by hordes of UK bargain hawks, you have to be damn fast

I'm ready to order just trying to decide if I should go for it without the 1080p screen, just how bad is the 720p screen and how was the laptop you received are there any scratches or problems so far ?

Zero probs and zero scratches or damage.

The lower res screen is pretty poor if I am honest.

Zero probs and zero scratches or damage.

The lower res screen is pretty poor if I am honest.

I'm looking at a build similar to yours , do you think it's a deal breaker ? I have other options when I really want to enjoy media so..
    Sorry bout all the question :D

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭clusk007

http://www.adverts.ie/laptops/dell-xps-m1730/619682

a bit cheeky I know but if anyone is interested..

beno619 wrote: »
    I'm looking at a build similar to yours , do you think it's a deal breaker ? I have other options when I really want to enjoy media so..
    Sorry bout all the question :D

I certainly don't consider it a deal breaker but I do wish I bought one with a 1080p screen.

Just got the order confirmation email :D
    Thanks for the help, build came in at 550 pounds. Basically half price :D
    I have no expectations for the screen so I can't be dissapointed ...
    Doesn't mention the backlit keyboard, but il assume it has one :S

XPS L502X
    Graphics : 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M Graphics card
    4 GB (2x2GB)1333MHz DDR3 Dual Channel Memory
    Wireless: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 (2x2 b/g/+ Bluetooth Combo Card)
    Battery : Primary 9-cell 90W/HR LI-ION
    Hard Drive : 500GB Serial ATA II (7200 RPM) Hard Drive
    Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Reader
    8X DVD +/- RW DRIVE
    Display : 15.6" HD WLED True-Life (1366x768) with 2.0 Mega Pixel Integrated Camera
    Power Supply: 130W AC Adapter
    Processor : Â*Intel Core i7-2630QM processor 2.00 GHz
    LCD Back Cover : Silver WWAN
    Certified Refurbished

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭terencemc

Has anyone ever had dell.co.uk knock vat off for an irish company.

Saveonlaptops will do it but the sales assistant with dell i've been chatting with so far don't know if they do or not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Ardent

Thinking about getting one of these, comes to about 520 EUR after tax etc. Do you guys think it's a good deal?
    Inspiron 17R - N7110 Laptop Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64 BIT) 1 £ 391.34
    Inspiron 17R - N7110 Laptop
    8X DVD+/-RW Drive
    6 Cell Primary Battery, 48W
    Misc
    Graphics: 2 GB nVidia GeForce GT 525M - Quad Core
    640 GB SATA II Hard Drive (5400 RPM)
    Wireless: Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 (1x2 b/g/n+ Bluetooth Combo Card)
    Back Up Media Not Included
    Processor: Intel Core i7-2630QM (2.00GHz, 6MB cache, Quad Core)
    17.3 inch High Definition+ (1600 x 900) LED Display with TrueLife
    misc
    6 GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHZ (2 DIMMs)
    LCD Back Cover : Diamond Black Cover with matching palm rest
    MOD,INFO,ARB,EMEA,SDMO1
    Power Supply: 130W AC Adapter
    1 Yr Collect & Return Warranty
    Scratch and Dent

Seems to be!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

Ardent wrote: »
    Thinking about getting Going to jump at one of these, comes to about 520 EUR after tax etc. Great deal IMO

fyp Ardent ;)

Yeah I think it's a really good price the more I look at it. I want to use it for music production but the 5400rpm hard drive is a bit of a concern. However, I believe these have a USB3.0 port so I could solve any speed/dropout problems with an external drive.

yeh its a great deal, but do you mind scratch and dent ? im sure its only minor but still should be considered.

Couldn't give a rat's ass, to be honest. Value for money is more important for a miserly oul bastard like me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

beno619 wrote: »
    yeh its a great deal, but do you mind scratch and dent ? im sure its only minor but still should be considered.

I would be very surprised if the damage was in any way significant. Normally these issues are very minor - in some cases, you'd be hard pressed to notice.

Arrggghh, ordered the fecking thing and have just found out the laptop doesn't have a USB 3.0 port! So it's useless to me (for music production). Will have to cancel on Monday before they ship it. They should make full specs available on the outlet site for these things.

Can't cancel as it's "In Production". Will have to take delivery and then arrange for collection/refund. Hassle!

Anyone looking for a cheap laptop? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ Its 17", too big for me. If it was 14" or 15" screen then I would have taken it off your hands immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Got myself an Alienware M11x R2 that was only built in April this year and was then canceled as an order so it was brand new, it was a great bargain!

Some machines are refurbs, some are machines that are cancelled orders, some are machines that are sent incorrectly to the customer and because they are custom made Dell has to then sell it on at a discounted rate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sialala

Ardent wrote: »
    Can't cancel as it's "In Production". Will have to take delivery and then arrange for collection/refund. Hassle!

Anyone looking for a cheap laptop? :D

are from Cork area by any chance?

Advertisement