Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queen to cause city shutdown

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Jaysus, I picked a bad time to visit the brother in Dublin so.

Hopefully I'll get to see the old bint though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

baldbear wrote: »
    I see that mad Willie Frazer is organising 4 bus loads of his loyalist friends to head down and see his queen. Should be interesting...

If this is true then you are pretty much guaranteed trouble.

Willie Frazer is a horrible bigot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    If this is true then you are pretty much guaranteed trouble.

Willie Frazer is a horrible bigot.

I wouldnt worry about it. from wiki

If you were in the UDR and your brother was shot, are you telling me you wouldn't? [pass information on to loyalists] See if a Paki comes from India and kills a Provo? I'm going to shake his hand

his geography isnt the best so if he's heading for dublin he'll probably end up in wales

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

drdeadlift wrote: »
    From England via the atlantic?

She's coming here from Iceland.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Are there morons who are actually gonna go out to see this aul wan and cheer her? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Has she never heard of Skype?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Bambi wrote: »
    Has she never heard of Skype?

the headset would mess up her 'do

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

sdonn wrote: »
    OP, source? Because they can't spell or pluralise "Gardaí" properly and I feel I must let them know.

Ahem. Garda is the correct short-form of the collective noun for the force: An Garda Síochána. Gardaí, on the other hand, refers to more than a single garda. To call the force "the gardaí", meaning "the policemen", is just wrong.

The Irish Times is one of the few media outlets which correctly understands this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

seamus wrote: »
    Looks like a good week to get on yer bikes.
    If streets are closed you wont be allowed cycle on them...

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, but you won't be stuck in the queues of traffic trying to take alternative routes.

I also suspect that the Gardai will allow cyclists down a lot of roads they're closing to vehicles but not pedestrians.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

Yeah, but you won't be stuck in the queues of traffic trying to take alternative routes.

I also suspect that the Gardai will allow cyclists down a lot of roads they're closing to vehicles but not pedestrians.

Well if not you just walk your bike past the Garda at the barrier, then jump back on the bike again! Don't you know at this stage that cyclists are exempt from all rules

• Registered Users Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Queen to cause city mayhem.

Imagine the mayhem if freddie mercury was still with them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Paul.C

it will all end in tears

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

steve9859 wrote: »
    Don't you know at this stage that cyclists are exempt from all rules
    Really? I wasnt aware of that. Do you have a link? This could be really useful!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Not sure why the zoo being open poses a security risk :confused:never mind what money they're giving us,big bollixin waste of money

She might get raped by a zebra.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Opelfruit

Paul.C wrote: »
    it will all end in tears

Yeah, as the Dubs wave their union jacks and an impromptu rendition of "God Save the Queen" rises from the crowd, Elizabeth will burst into tears of joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

They say the Queen thinks the world smells of paint.

I'd say she'd shít herself if she found herself in a motor propelled vehicle that was not moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭snugglebear

Dreading next week now, wasn't bothered before I heard about all the road closures and diversions, it'll be worse than the snow.
    Looks like I'll be walking to work next week :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

Opelfruit wrote: »
    Yeah, as the Dubs wave their union jacks and an impromptu rendition of "God Save the Queen" rises from the crowd, Elizabeth will burst into tears of joy.

You say it like it's a bad thing?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Don't think it will happen Wolfe Tone. I think the N.I fans are being brought down by police and out by police.

Very few will make it down anyway. An awful lot of NI fans are boycotting the game because of the restrictions. To be fair, the restrictions are OTT.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭steve9859

Really? I wasnt aware of that. Do you have a link? This could be really useful!

No link. But all cyclists know that they are exempt from traffic rules!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭vetstu

Would you get songs written about you if you put a bullet in her? At least you'd die a hero! and the M50 would open quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

If Ireland had a history of suicide bombers i would actually be very surprised if there wasn't an attempt on her life. But at most Irish people have shown in recent times they keep all their aggression for the internet. So i doubt there will be nothing but the odd scuffle here and there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,472 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Looks like a good week to get on yer bikes.

The Dublin Bike Scheme will be significantly curtailed during the visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Really glad I dont work in the city centre now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

Just thought I would post this as most people probably dont know.

Some areas of Dublin are being closed off for the Queens visit. One in particular are parts of Dublin 8. Alot of houses have been searched by Gardai. (invasion of privacy or what) and people who live around certain areas are told that they have a choice to either leave their houses at 7.30am on the day of her visit and not allowed to return till much later that day. Or spend the day in your house and NOT allowed to leave.

So ...
    - the gardai are searching every inch of a persons house.
    - only choice they have is to either spend the day inside or away from their own home!
    - no compensation. you'd think for all the hassle they'd get something?

this is madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

LighterGuy wrote: »

Some areas of Dublin are being closed off for the Queens visit. One in particular are parts of Dublin 8. Alot of houses have been searched by Gardai. (invasion of privacy or what) and people who live around certain areas are told that they have a choice to either leave their houses at 7.30am on the day of her visit and not allowed to return till much later that day. Or spend the day in your house and NOT allowed to leave.

So ...
    - only choice they have is to either spend the day inside or away from their own home!

this is madness.

It is madness, but its gotta to be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭Gunsfortoys

Jesus I wish these Queen threads would **** off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

LighterGuy wrote: »

So ...

this is madness.
    Source?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭-Kenny-

Advertisement