Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knee Pads/Protective gear

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Spooky-Vinny

Leaning on my elbow hurts more than on my knee to be honest... depending on surface obviously :D
    xXx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭kev-Oakridge

i have to say alot of lads who come up to oakridge use the aldi knee pads, they work well, i used a pair myself until i got combats with the built in hard knee pads, those aldi knee pads are 4 euro when they get them in

also elbow pads have saved me a few injuries when slipping in the valley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Got them aldi ones meself not too bad for the price

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭evilrobotshane

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Rofl! Excelent review shane... nice to see you've lost (most) of your american accent... Agree on the blackhawk, and Altas..

I don't want to know why you were wearing a wetsuit in a nightclub... *blinks*

And I hope my brain broke in the last part... what the fudge? Are those your tactical pants? :S

• Advertisement

MY EYES!!!!

hahaha nice one man! Brilliant and hilerious reveiw!
    xXx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

You really should do more reviews man! :)

You have a nack for it.

Also what the hell did your neighbours think you were doing! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Either auditioning for Psychward-idol, or hes joining the military arm of the chippendales....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

Mega review there Shane. Best and funniest vid I've seen here.
    Some moves...:D:D:D:D
    Thank you.;)

Yeah just in case it's not clear, those are the Alta Tactical kneepads. They connect together!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

Brilliant review of kneepads, you should do more....but at the end, I had to wash my eyes out with soap:eek: what were your neighbors thinking when they saw you! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

Just saw these "Alta type" ACM knee pads. At that price (€14) might be worth a look.

sliabh wrote: »
    Just saw these "Alta type" ACM knee pads. At that price (€14) might be worth a look.

As I said before, DON'T buy these! they fell apart on me the second time i TRIED them on... from taiwangun aswell!
    xXx

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I got a set of king arms kne pads today from ehobby. They seem quite good, have the Alta style clips, comfy enough round the house. Will skirmish them and let folks know the verdict.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭sliabh

As I said before, DON'T buy these! they fell apart on me the second time i TRIED them on... from taiwangun aswell!
    xXx
    Ah, apologies, didn't see that.

OK, I got a pair of these, and tried them out in the Barn today:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/king-arms-warrior-knee-pads-od.html

They have the alta-style clip on them and look solid enough. After wearing the for a (sweaty) day, they slipped a wee bit, but in general I forgot I was wearing them. I was aware of them a little bit toward the end of the day, but i general they're miles ahead of velcro (never touching the stuff again).

They do the same elastic/plain strap comba as the Alta ones. I've yet to test the durability of the armour, but it feels solid enough.

Anyway, recommended. I didn't even have to do sideways pushups wearing them on me junk or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭dunnaman93

http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/military/index.asp

Bottom of page, alta knee pads and yes I know their in multicam but someone could get onto them about different colours if they wanted.

Cant for the life of me remember if I ordered from these lads before, but going by other sites in the UK shipping cant be too bad.

edit: link only goes to the main page, just search "alta" and there at the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Christian.Kelly

NOT TRYING TO BE FUNNY(Or stupid:o) HERE,
    but would any sorta pair do ye, like the kind you'd use for rollerblades. Probably cheaper than the ones I've seen in shops.
    I'm gonna get a 4euro aldi pair and see how they do :rolleyes: cheap and(hopefully:o) effective :D:p

but would any sorta pair do ye, like the kind you'd use for rollerblades. Probably cheaper than the ones I've seen in shops.
    I'm gonna get a 4euro aldi pair and see how they do :rolleyes: cheap and(hopefully:o) effective :D:p

Of corse it'll work man, go for it!
    Our discussion is simply over comfortability and how long they will last basicaly!
    xXx

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

Yeah just in case it's not clear, those are the Alta Tactical kneepads. They connect together!

Are these the knee pads you are talking about? Alta Tactical Superflex Knee Pads Black Altalok Protection Knee High Quality

• Advertisement

Sure if they don't work you can always pick up a pair of 4 euro aldi kneecaps. just watch for the next time they come in. They should come with ligaments.

Zen 2nd wrote: »

That's them; smooth and sensuous and can't be shipped to your location.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Christian.Kelly

gerrowadat wrote: »
    Sure if they don't work you can always pick up a pair of 4 euro aldi kneecaps. just watch for the next time they come in. They should come with ligaments.

ALDI: Supplying cheapo equipment and cheaper medical for years!

Went to pick up the knee pads today, considering the were ripped INSIDE the packet, I left it :o Can see why they're 4euro :D;)
    Still, mate has a pair of roller skate ones that he's had for years(not for airsoft now) and they seem pretty decent. Gonna get a lend and see how they do

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Found Alta kneepads that ship to Ireland and that are in stock :D

Here!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

How the goose did I only see this video review now

Absolutely tremendous!

Subscribed!

Advertisement