Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Picture thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

here is how you shouldn't have to do a liteon 93450.....

Liteon1-small.jpg
    Link to bigger

Liteon2-small.jpg
    Link to bigger

Thats a real alternative pad 101 install :P

Sorry if your looking Thomas :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Now that looks like one delicate piece of soldering, well done. I HATE soldering to ic legs, especially those ones where your better off doing it under an electron microscope :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7 axxxo

My Xbox 360 Elite and Nintendo Wii Mods, Wii colors change every second or so with a nice transition, buutton on the back of it can also be pressed for a more rapid transition or a steady light of the colors available
    Will post more pics of uncrippling old xbox when i have it hooked up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

The back of o1s1n's newly modded MD2. Hope he enjoys full screen and region changing goodness!!!

59zy3q.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

/Happydance

\o/

Thanks man!

Looks nice and neat! The metal switches look kinda retro and suit the look of the console i think!

BTW your high on my love list enternow <3

Looks nice and neat! The metal switches look kinda retro and suit the look of the console i think!

BTW your high on my love list enternow <3

Pity there's a damn short somewhere causing the joypad right direction and the B button to collide. Ah well, a teardown and re-assembly should sort it.

You love list :D Why Im flattered :p - But Im spoken for (TV Im looking at you haha)

He's top of mine too ... what a hussy

Is it all the time or just when you press the button?

Make sure its not a faulty controller before you go diagnosing the mobo :)

Is it all the time or just when you press the button?

Make sure its not a faulty controller before you go diagnosing the mobo :)

o1s1n has it back at the moment, but apparently its happening with a joypad and a joystick, so it should be failrly conclusive. Ill try with my own joypad when I get it back from him. The mod involves lifting a leg from the CPU which is pretty damn small, so at first I thought I may have pushed an adjacent leg to one side thus creating a short. But o1s1n said he checked it out and there doesnt appear to be any contact issues. Ill prob strip the mod out and start from scratch to eliminate everything.

Ah the joys of unauthorised game console modification, a fool and his solder are easily parted :p

PS - TV is a hoe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gamerdude767

Some Recent Pictures From A Few Customers From my Modding Business.. www.theukmodshop.co.uk

PC3108201.JPG
    PC310816%20copy.JPG
    PC310817%20copy.JPG
    DSC00227%20copy.JPG
    P1030821%20copy.JPG
    P1100827%20copy.JPG
    P1100825%20copy.JPG

And Finally A Picture Of My Desk While Working On These Customers Controllers...

P1270838%20copy.JPG

Scott :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

EnterNow wrote: »
    You love list :D Why Im flattered :p - But Im spoken for (TV Im looking at you haha)
    EnterNow wrote: »
    PS - TV is a hoe.

I've been so busy hoe'ing around I only noticed these messages now. Great to see mah b*tches displaying the love :D

Lads I'm bumping this now because we are removing the thread as a sticky, & if unbumped now it will disappear into the bowls of the forum (no new posts since April '10).

Get your cameras out folks!

Another Sega GameGear, this one didn't warrant it's own thread though. I was able to fix the sound board on this one, after a bit of fault finding. I done a cap kit on this one exactly as I did one on o1s1n's, but this one still had no sound after the kit was installed.

Tim from gamebits, send me a pinout of the sound processor involved - http://www.st.com/stonline/books/pdf/docs/1464.pdf From this I was able to see where input voltage & grounds should be. All the grounds checked out find using the continuity check on a multimeter, but measuring for voltage revealed there was no power being fed to the chip.

Power was on the correct pin on the cable, but obviously there was a breakdown on the board somewhere meaning it wasn't getting to the chip. I simply ran a bypass from the pin off where the cable plugged onto the board, to the underside of the pcb where the leg of the chip was. Voila, sound was restored straight away :)

5caplz.jpg

I also done an LED backlight mod on this GameGear. The mod is quite easy to do, but it's difficult to get rid of the bright spots where the leds are closest to the screen. It didn't turn out too bad & I got rid of it mostly (the bit in the middle is a reflection).

vsl5dh.jpg

\Attenborough voice - As we see now, this Falcon taking a dump, we really are priviledged to see such a rare species in the wild. We all know, that this species, is on the verge of extinction. Poaching, & updates have reduced the numbers of this species to near extinction... /Attenborough voice

2hovbe9.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

How the heck do you know which one you've got without opening her up?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    How the heck do you know which one you've got without opening her up?

I've never owned a 360 that hasn't been opened so I'm not really sure :o HDMI & production date usually gives somewhat of an idea, but I'm not 100% sure you can conclusively id the mobo without operating :p

I put that info in the FAQ, don you read it :mad: ....:pac:

dnfmv5h_32g3fxpcg4_b.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

two pictures which I took today:

_MG_4275.jpg
    This is a X360 Falcon CPU reballed with Pb balls. I pulled it off from exploitable console which I made mess of and gave to my mate for reballing. Neat job isn't it?

_MG_4280.jpg
    This is just simple hw switch for slim ps3 which I made of old power cable and a power switch out of fat ps3. Sticked it behind one of the tv cabinet legs near the console. Handy thing.

docentore wrote: »
    two pictures which I took today:

_MG_4275.jpg
    This is a X360 Falcon CPU reballed with Pb balls. I pulled it off from exploitable console which I made mess of and gave to my mate for reballing. Neat job isn't it?

This picture, I adore <3

• Advertisement

Why, hallo thar!

fu9j5k.jpg

Hey TV, someone sticked the warranty sticker on the faceplate!

I was just about to post whats going on with the unboxed one second from the left?? It's like a console caught with its pants down or something :D

Neat job isn't it?

And now I know what reballing is :o:P Its like the resetting of the LGA on a drop in processor sort of.

Those guys at Microsoft are really slacking :p BTW, those aren't empty boxes, they're full - I have a problem :o

Those guys at Microsoft are really slacking :p BTW, those aren't empty boxes, they're full - I have a problem :o

too many gaming consoles in one room is not a problem ;)

some people are collecting post stamps, sport cars, CDs, JTAGable Xbox's and I... found new hobby.

I started to collect PS3 magic dongles (hate this Jailbreak this, Jailbreak that - magic dongle sounds ok, what do you think?).

_MG_4307.jpg

From left:
    1. home made PIC18F2450 device which I made for Jtagging xbox's but it didn't want to find my nand, working ok with ps3;
    2. PSYes - nice looking AT90USB162 based with bootloader function, when plugged into pc after 20s it goes automatically to DFU mode.
    3. P3 Go - supposed to be one of the best (I actually regret that I didn't get P3Max instead of this, but what the hell, that might be my next item in collection ;))
    4. Teensy 2.0 + mSD card adapter.

You have four, and I don't have one. This isn't right :p

You have four, and I don't have one. This isn't right :p

you have tryzilion jtagged x360, I own only two :D

• Advertisement

I was originally going to create a thread for this, but Supercell's guide on it is so comprehensive, there isn't much point in having another one.

Augmerson's Xbox got EnterNow'd, using Ndure softmod method as detailed in Supercell's thread. I supervised, while my eight year old carried out most of the work - that's the difficulty level we're talking about here.

Console

34odlkz.jpg

Once modded, after the original bios screen loads, UnleashX boots. It's a replacement dash used for basically launching programes, file explorer functions, etc etc.

n62kox.jpg

The famous & rightly so, XBMC

15qdbf8.jpg

NES goodness

fejj8l.jpg

SNES goodness

2vxinus.jpg

Mega goodness

2zejpyf.jpg

That's it folks :)

Advertisement