Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that totally turn you off someone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

If someone does not spell words properly in text messages that really annoys me. People who don't know the difference between there/their/they're :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

Tattoos and too much Make-up. And D4 accent on Working-class vocabulary. Be who you are.

However, bitching about people behind their backs and general gossip trumps all. But that's not Trivial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭eilo1

Men who speak over you or interrupt your sentences.

People who have to be right all the time.

People who have to have the last word.

No table manners for example speaking with your mouth full, chewing with mouth open.

Football obsession :mad:

Last but not least - no I do not think your cool because you are in a band/play guitar/are an artist/have a soft side that nobody understands!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

If the first question they ask is: "What car do you drive?"

Bye bye.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

When I fancy someone, sometimes something fairly fickle will totally kill it for me. For example guys putting knifes into their mouths to suck food off. Anyone else got something fairly innocuous that makes their heart sink and lose the buzz for someone.

When they say 'Get away from me you horrible creep, it's obvious you've never touched a woman in your life'. Major turnoff right there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

When I fancy someone, sometimes something fairly fickle will totally kill it for me. For example guys putting knifes into their mouths to suck food off. Anyone else got something fairly innocuous that makes their heart sink and lose the buzz for someone.

yeh i hate it when i meet a woman at a party and i ask her will she play the classical guitar or acoustic and she say's she doesn't know how to play the guitar now thats fickle. but fortuately the other day a woman did take the offer of playing and she was excellent so it worked out for me. amazing woman.

"fairly innocuous" would be listning to a woman talk about x-factor all day thats my main one. or how she looks in her new clothes. Boooooring. yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

Them having a penis usually turns me off........usually.....

Guill wrote: »
    Them having a penis usually turns me off........usually.....

thats shocking ??? why ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

zenno wrote: »
    thats shocking ??? why ?.

Cause i have one

Guill wrote: »
    Cause i have one

cough cough eh he **** ok point taken

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

smoking. Not really trivial I guess. Could be the hottest girl on the planet, put a cigarette in her hand and I will instantly find her repulsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

Seaneh wrote: »
    smoking. Not really trivial I guess. Could be the hottest girl on the planet, put a cigarette in her hand and I will instantly find her repulsive cool.

FYP

Funny enough even though I was until recently a smoker I definitely prefer non smoking women.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

People who dismiss the Simpsons as being for children because it's animated

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

If the bitch says 'there' when the context of the sentence clearly shows that she should say 'their'.

You popular with the ladies Jake?:rolleyes:
    Personally I hate it when men make generalisations about women and call them 'dumb' or 'silly' or 'bitch' simply for being a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

hypervalve wrote: »
    The phrase "thanking you" annoys me for some reason.

Whenever someone says it I say "welcoming you"

Awwww. I do that. :( Thought it was friendly.

I hate it when guys wear stupid runners with the laces really tight. Especially if they're tied in a bow. It just leaves me cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

xoxyx wrote: »
    I hate it when guys were stupid runners with the laces really tight. Especially if they're tied in a bow. It just leaves me cold.

:confused: You what? You hate it when guys tie their shoelaces or is this a particular type of runner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

AnneFrank wrote: »
    yes of course it's serious the minute a girl does it any attraction i had is gone,id never use the c word either by the way,and i agree on the nose picking thing it's disgusting !!

What in particular is wrong with that word? It's just a cunting word.

prinz wrote: »
    :confused: You what? You hate it when guys tie their shoelaces or is this a particular type of runner?

No. They can tie their shoelaces, but don't tie them real tight and have the bow sticking out. It always makes me think of Screech from Saved by the Bell. Especially white runners. Ugh!

And actually, those toe runners - like gloves for the feet. They're just awful looking!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

• Dirty hands
    • Baldy
    • Short height, needs to be taller than me not just an inch or two but at least more than 6 inches taller than me! I’ve nearly always fancied taller men!
    • Inconsiderate jokes
    • Bad breath
    • Horrible teeth
    • Smelly feet
    • Side burns
    • Without a doubt smoking stench
    • No dress sense
    • No common sense acts like a child
    • Know it all
    • Gods gift
    • Full of oneself
    • Splashes the cash
    • Boaster
    • Lies and makes up stories
    • Wears Jewellery
    • Overly religious
    • Not ambitious
    • No motivation
    • Not willing to travel too much of a home bird
    • Not house trained
    • Poor conversationalist
    • Control freak
    • Poor education/no job
    • Has kids (I know harsh…I just can’t be with someone who has gone through that already, I want to have kids with someone who hasn’t had one)
    • Has emotional baggage/too needy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

• Overly fussy women.

• Advertisement

Wazdakka wrote: »
    • Fussy Women.

ooooh you mean me! lol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭CdeC

Giselle wrote: »
    If they mention they 'seen' something instead of 'saw'. Or if they say they 'would of' done something instead of 'would have'.

:o

I don't get this.

I've seen Vs I saw

would've sounds a lot like would of so I say that.????

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭CdeC

ooooh you mean me! lol :p

No ****, that list is quite comprehensive but have to agree with a lot of them. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

bad kisser, nothing more disappointing!

Yaw bad kisser but then again that can be worked on!! It can be fun! Yes bad grammar can be a no no sometimes!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Jake Rugby Walrus666

JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    People who refer to women in such derogatory terms as "bitch".

bitch is a great word. so is chick

• Registered Users Posts: 31,057 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Short height

Redundant use of words.

Lumen wrote: »
    Redundant use of words.

Redundant word use.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,057 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

xoxyx wrote: »
    Redundant word use.

Not understanding the difference between verbosity and redundancy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

this thread is making me horribly self conscious. :(

Advertisement