Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do girls think it's easy for guys to get laid at clubs?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

It was borderline abuse, they pushed me into a corner and were dry-humping me while I was trying to get away.

My face was pretty much like this :eek:

But I can look back on it and laugh now.

Did you get checked for lice afterwards?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Pete, while I agree with the majority of what you're saying here, I fail to see how you can equate people saying that "All Irish women are bitches" and "Foreign women are so much better" with lighthearted banter.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but the men in this thread making those sweeping statements seemed to sincerely believe them.

Is what they're saying misogynistic? No. Is what they're saying abusive? That depends on the individual's perception. Is what they're saying unfair? Absolutely.

I don't see how Irish women here should be expected to agree or accept these generalisations. Those kind of statements will always get a reaction, and unsurprisingly most of the time it won't be a positive one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

The reason (I hope) she apologised is because she saw that she was guilty of what she was accusing the opposite sex. Broad-sweeping generalisations are bad, mm'kay? Sexism is also bad, mm'kay? But i'm not touching another of these threads with a bargepole.

Don't mind that nonsense.

I seen that too and addressed in tLL.

Some users started saying that Liah had apologized for that thread and she did no such thing and Liah herself has stated that she did not apologize.

That rumour was started to make it look as if she was bullied in the Feedback thread and in the end that she was made to feel as if she should apologise.

What she did say at one point was that she was sorry if her posts were hard to follow, that was all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

bluewolf wrote: »
    Or a lot about Irish men.

Not really.

Amount of thanks for first post of "Irish women are stuck up ego sacks" = 51

Amount of ALL thanks for "All women are not ego sacks, Irish men are animals" = not even 51 for all quotes combined.

Edit: for the record I bagged a nice hot American chick and yes, way more approachable than Irsh girls so I'm speaking from experience rather than refrence.

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Don't mind that nonsense.

I seen that too and addressed in tLL.

Some users started saying that Liah had apologized for that thread and she did no such thing and Liah herself has stated that she did not apologize.

That rumour was started to make it look as if she was bullied in the Feedback thread and in the end that she was made to feel as if she should apologise.

What she did say at one point was that she was sorry if her posts were hard to follow, that was all.

Cheers for the clarification. Fcukin' thread turned into a trainwreck so i gave up on it.

Anyway, We should all follow sensibleken's advice.
    JaxxYChicK wrote: »
    +1. Now, let's all go for pints.

*sidles up beside JaxxYChick*

Hey gorgeous, can i interest you in an alcoholic beverage that carries no unwritten implications of any sexual activity or feelings of guilt about repayment?

• Advertisement

Pete, while I agree with the majority of what you're saying here, I fail to see how you can equate people saying that "All Irish women are bitches" and "Foreign women are so much better" with lighthearted banter.

Wow there ..

I did not say that that was "lighthearted banter".

The 'lighthearted banter' that I was referring to (which I feel was obvious) was threads like Starbelgrade's Parallel Parking thread and also the sexist jokes I was referring to.

This is After Hours and a little sexist houmor should be fine.

If somebody says "All women are bitches" - they should be banned.

Just report that stuff and if it is ignored, PM CMods or start a dispute resolution - I am not saying that it has to be tolerated.

As I have said, I criticized last night for saying Irish Women were all stuck up and in fact, a moderator banned him.
    Is what they're saying misogynistic?

Sorry Jaxxy, but you will need to quote some as you can't lump every guy on this thread in with a few muppets. For all you know they are 15 and sitting in their pjammas fapping and then grown men on this forum have to take the blame for the idiocy.
    I don't see how Irish women here should be expected to agree or accept these generalisations.

Men get generlisaztions made about them also and we have to debate them, women should be treated no differently.

Also, I notice that the women keep saying the comments from men, maybe it's just me - but the vast majority of posts that were critical of women's behavior in pub and clubs, that I agreed with on this thread -were made by women, not men.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

It was borderline abuse, they pushed me into a corner and were dry-humping me while I was trying to get away.

My face was pretty much like this :eek:

But I can look back on it and laugh now.

Were they any use but?

A threesome is a threesome even if it's with two bet down weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Osgoodisgood

OP, did you mean actually at the club? Cos that can be tricky.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

In general, Ive found Irish women very unapproachable.

Perhaps its the culture or whatnot but talking to a foreign girl is so much more comfortable as they are not so quick to shoot you down because of the ego game etc. They are very welcoming and will have a great conversation with you even if theyre not interested...as opposed to the Irish way of making you feel like a right tit to inflate their own worth.

Ive traveled and lived in all corners of the globe and take it from me, Irish women, for the most part, are nothing but dolls. Some are beautiful to look at but hallow inside. There is no sex appeal whatsoever and the longer you stay in Ireland, the more you start to see this self-righteous, holier than thou attitude attractive.

I suggest you approach a foreign woman, OP. Much happier girls.

Pete, I think this was the post that initially got people's heckles up. While the poster said "most Irish women", that's still a pretty big brush to tar a whole load of people with. I would get annoyed at this kind of comment and the amount of thanks it gets because of the many wonderful women I know who do not treat men in that way.

Just because certain girls are wagons, it's not necessarily true that we are all quick to use the "Irish way of making you feel like a right tit to inflate their own worth." As I've said before, I was bullied in school and I would never engage in or stand for this kind of bullying behaviour in any woman I know. Manners cost nothing.

[Jackass] wrote: »
    Exactly - if she's such a bitch then stay at home, don't go out to "socalise".

I'll second the motion that Irish women are stuck up their own hole and women abroad are infinitely hotter and sooo much more human when it comes to interacting.

Often, saying a word to an Irish girl in a pub or club can evoke a reaction or facial expression similar to if you handed them a flaming bag full of sh*t and declared you want to abduct their firstborn... :pac:

The bolded part gets tiring. There have been threads here on "why are Irish women so ugly" or "why are they so stuck up". I'm sure you can appreciate that, even when you and I have been at loggerheads over a subject, I have never been rude or disrespectful to you, just as you wouldn't be to me. To be lumped into this group, and to be told that women abroad "are infinitely hotter and sooo much more human when it comes to interacting" is an insult, plain and simple.

Both of those posts got a lot of thanks too. :(

Wow there ..

I did not say that that was "lighthearted banter".

The 'lighthearted banter' that I was referring to (which I feel was obvious) was threads like Starbelgrade's Parallel Parking thread and also the sexist jokes I was referring to.

This is After Hours and a little sexist houmor should be fine.

If somebody says "All women are bitches" - they should be banned.

Just report that stuff and if it is ignored, PM CMods or start a dispute resolution - I am not saying that it has to be tolerated.

As I have said, I criticized last night for saying Irish Women were all stuck up and in fact, a moderator banned him.

Apologies Pete, I was saying that in response to:
    No, but I don't think there are "Anti-woman" threads here, well no where near as many as is constantly being suggested at least.

There are threads criticizing some Irish Women for sure and there are also lighthearted (or intended to be) threads about women such as the Parallel Parking thread, USA Reporter thread etc etc - that some women overreact to and inevitably, they go on to get locked.

There might not be Anti-woman threads here, but there are plenty of Anti-Irish woman threads. I actually don't think AH is rife with sexism at all. That's why I never weighed in in the sexism feedback thread. I don't think this problem exists, or at the very least is nowhere near as rampant as others are claiming it to be. I love the humour in this place and while I do realise there are one or two posters who have serious issues with women and have posted a few disturbing things, I can distance myself from them because in real life I have no time for people who think that way. And so on the internet I ignore them.
    Sorry Jaxxy, but you will need to quote some as you can't lump every guy on this thread in with a few muppets. For all you know they are 15 and sitting in their pjammas fapping and then grown men on this forum have to take the blame for the idiocy.

This is what I actually said:
    Is what they're saying misogynistic? No.

:D

Wish I was in my pajamas having a fap.
    Men get generlisaztions made about them also and we have to debate them, women should be treated no differently.

Also, I notice that the women keep saying the comments from men, maybe it's just me - but the vast majority of posts that were critical of women's behavior in pub and clubs, that I agreed with on this thread -were made by women, not men.

I completely agree, special treatment should not be given to one sex over an other in this regard. But no woman in this thread has disputed the fact that some women carry on disrespectfully, and are indeed, nasty pieces of work. Our issue is that not all of us are like this and it would be nice if this was recognised, instead of men continuing to weigh in and declare us all "stuck up" or "bitches".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Getting laid at clubs is like taking candy from a baby.

Cheers for the clarification. Fcukin' thread turned into a trainwreck so i gave up on it.

Anyway, We should all follow sensibleken's advice.

*sidles up beside JaxxYChick*

Hey gorgeous, can i interest you in an alcoholic beverage that carries no unwritten implications of any sexual activity or feelings of guilt about repayment?

Will you promise to respect me in the morning? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Fight the power Pete!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

OP, did you mean actually at the club? Cos that can be tricky.

Seen it happen in The Red Box once. Just up against a wall in full view of everyone.

Classy...

Edit.....no red box jokes please....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

For the guys only, women not allowed to read.
    Thing is, women are really ****ed up compared to us. I mean, they just are nothing like us.

http://sprott.physics.wisc.edu/pickover/pc/lifeexplained.jpg"]

Basically if you want a shag then you have to have little respect for them, you just want a shag. We as blokes can admit that but they as women get all uppity when you say 'I just want a shag, don't want to even talk to you. Blokes hear kerching, women hear 'drunken bastard'.

For the women only
    I love women, I married one. I would never have treated her so disrespectfully as to try to pick her up in a club to shag her. She is too special to treat like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

OisinT wrote: »
    Getting laid at clubs is like taking candy from a baby.

End up sticky & with a crying baby?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Millicent wrote: »
    Pete, I think this was the post that initially got people's heckles up. While the poster said "most Irish women", that's still a pretty big brush to tar a whole load of people with.

That user clearly is wrong and it's a nonsense opinion to have but just say that to them, debate the guy - it should be easy to tear his view to pieces and if done without saying he's just a bitter, frustrated woman-hater, the reply will get well supported I bet.

AH keeps being spoken about as if the place is a zoo and that the moderators are tolerating hate directed at women on a daily basis and that women don't feel welcome her etc. I am not saying you say that, but you know that it is consistently being said of the forum and it just isn't true.

I'm sure you can appreciate that, even when you and I have been at loggerheads over a subject, I have never been rude or disrespectful to you, just as you wouldn't be to me.

Of course .. no reason why we should.

However, you thanked posts when I have been called a misogynist - if you were called a misansrist, I don't think I would have, as you have posted nothing to me to make me believe that you are one.
    ..because of the many wonderful women I know who do not treat men in that way.

Of course and I feel the way I do because I know many men who do not treat women badly or grope women in clubs, leer all over them etc etc.

Both sexes are being portrayed very badly here but from my point of view, there a hell of a lot more women out there night after night being obnoxious and rude to men for little or no reason, other than just because they can - than there are men going around groping women and calling them names.
    There have threads here on "why are Irish women so ugly" or "why are they so stuck up".

Are you sure that's not: "Why are Irish people so ugly"?

Men have crap aimed at them too:

Do ALL Men Cheat?
    To be lumped into this group, and to be told that women abroad "are infinitely hotter and sooo much more human when it comes to interacting" is an insult, plain and simple.

Again, men have this crap too:

Irish Men's Weight vs South American Men

From a woman that complains about men doing the very thing I might add.

The only way that sexism in this forum can truly be address in a fair manner, is if we do it together - both men and women.

Women going to Feedback and only wanting to talk about how they are victims of men, will never accomplish anything - other than to make the situation worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Dudess wrote: »
    Irish woman being sick to the back teeth of hate-filled venom spewed about Irish women (on the basis of some) by a small but nasty group... shocker!

It's not a secret that most *men have issues with clannish, ultra-defensive, über insecure Irish women and your hateful, blinkered, one sided arguments are only highlighting why this is a constantly occurring topic.

*Btw I said men, as in men in general and not just Irish men, as there are plenty of foreign guys here that interact with Irish women on a daily basis that feel the same (maybe even worse?) then Irish men do on this subject.

IMHO Irish women have lost the run of themselves. The media isn't exactly helping either by constantly portraying men as the clumsier, weaker sex in TV ads and spending millions running women only campaigns like the Boots "Here Come The Girls" one, to try to further enhance women's standing in society. IMO of course, Irish society has become so determined to make women equal with men that it has totally stacked the odds against men and masculinity, but they are totally missing the point because in most cases Irish women are more then equal to Irish men so why all this "Girl Power" nonsense? :confused:

Take Sweden as a comparison. They have a pretty much dominant female society, where 52% of managers in municipal, county council and central government are women. Almost half (47%) of all Swedish members of parliament and 10 out of 22 government ministers are women. Among elected politicians in municipalities and county councils, women comprise 41%. On the flip-side men are losing out to women on the professional jobs front and a recent study has reviled that in 20 years women will 'dominate' traditional male roles. Plus Sweden has the highest amount of stay at home dads in the world, where women are the sole bread winners of the household. What's my point in all this? My point is you never hear a single bad word said about Swedish women, quite the opposite infact. Why? Because they are usually supremely confident, liberated and open-minded women......the polar opposite to Irish women IMO.

Now let the hating commence! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

I like men... :D

I enjoy chatting to anyone...

I would never be rude to a guy UNLESS he was being obnoxious to me...

Once a lad gave me a farmer's handshake while I was minding my own business walking through a pub, with two pints in hands...
    I was pissed off that I couldn't return the favour to him cos my hands were full...
    If he hadn't hidden behind his mates I would have told him to F%%k off...

I think this thread needs a group hug! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

foxinsox wrote: »
    I like men... :D

I enjoy chatting to anyone...

I would never be rude to guy UNLESS he was being obnoxious to me...
    Once a lad gave me a farmer's handshake while I was minding my own business walking through a pub, with two pints in hands...
    I was pissed off that I couldn't return the favour to him cos my hands were full...
    If he hadn't hidden behind his mates I would have told him to F%%k off...

I think this thread needs a group hug! :P

*hugs*

whats a farmers handshake.

I presume its some sort of groping. Im a bloke and I've been groped a fair few times when Im out having a dance. I don't take kindly to it either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

*hugs*

whats a farmers handshake.

I presume its some sort of groping. Im a bloke and I've been groped a fair few times when Im out having a dance. I don't take kindly to it either

em...

how to put this politely...

A farmer's handshake is:

when you are practically lifted off the ground by your crotch!!! :o

embarrassing to say the least...

I can't even picture HOW you would do that

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

foxinsox wrote: »
    em...

how to put this politely...

A farmer's handshake is:

when you are practically lifted off the ground by your crotch!!! :o

embarrassing to say the least...
    Women have genuinely done that to me in Coppers.

OisinT wrote: »
    Women have genuinely done that to me in Coppers.

In fairness you shouldn't be suprised

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

just to point out how it is in night clubs

148413_1441475998155_1270713854_1003266_1506304_n.jpg

I take it you can guess what a "shagtag" is

like Im not suprised and I see the humour in it, but you can see how that can be taken the wrong way and effect someones confidence. I just feel by being hanging round in groups which sneer and laugh. Acting in this way youre selecting for over confident assholes a certain type lets say, coming up to you and then you hear all men are assholes sort of comments/ there are no good men out there ala sex and the city, yes its our fault. This is not being a women hater, just based on a lot of what Ive observed and heard from women folk. Do I want to involve myself with this-no, are all women like this-no but its just a lot are and in reference to the op point theres always 2 or 3 groups in a club that are

now on the ladies side, Ive been out with a mates girlfriend(not a word :) who was surrounded by 3 lads basically groping her(not including me) and that wasnt on, some women are able for the assholes and some arent. Just because the majority fob you off(=not in there) doesnt mean if you dont get fobbed off (=in there)

This is all based on being drunk of course, very few would be this way if they were sober

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

That user clearly is wrong and it's a nonsense opinion to have but just say that to them, debate the guy - it should be easy to tear his view to pieces and if done without saying he's just a bitter, frustrated woman-hater, the reply will get well supported I bet.

AH keeps being spoken about as if the place is a zoo and that the moderators are tolerating hate directed at women on a daily basis and that women don't feel welcome her etc. I am not saying you say that, but you know that it is consistently being said of the forum and it just isn't true.

Of course .. no reason why we should.

However, you thanked posts when I have been called a misogynist - if you were called a misansrist, I don't think I would have, as you have posted nothing to me to make me believe that you are one.

Of course and I feel the way I do because I know many men who do not treat women badly or grope women in clubs, leer all over them etc etc.

Both sexes are being portrayed very badly here but from my point of view, there a hell of a lot more women out there night after night being obnoxious and rude to men for little or no reason, other than just because they can - than there are men going around groping women and calling them names.

Are you sure that's not: "Why are Irish people so ugly"?

Men have crap aimed at them too:

Do ALL Men Cheat?

Again, men have this crap too:

Irish Men's Weight vs South American Men

From a woman that complains about men doing the very thing I might add.

The only way that sexism in this forum can truly be address in a fair manner, is if we do it together - both men and women.

Women going to Feedback and only wanting to talk about how they are victims of men, will never accomplish anything - other than to make the situation worse.

So to sum up, can't we all just get along? :D I like AH; I like the posters here. How about we make a pledge that this sh1te on either side gets slated, as it should be? I have no problems telling a woman when she is being sexist either, so if you have my back, I'll have yours! (Totally sounds dirtier than I meant it! :pac:)

So to sum up, can't we all just get along? :D I like AH; I like the posters here. How about we make a pledge that this sh1te on either side gets slated, as it should be? I have no problems telling a woman when she is being sexist either, so if you have my back, I'll have yours! (Totally sounds dirtier than I meant it! :pac:)

yay! all together now. togetherness meddley

looks like we made it.. look how far we've come my baby

ebony and ivory together in perfect harmony

were people of the same mentality but differently alligned, we got straight edge, hardcore, this core, that core. too many dividing lines!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

yay! all together now. togetherness meddley

looks like we made it.. look how far we've come my baby

ebony and ivory together in perfect harmony

were people of the same mentality but differently alligned, we got straight edge, hardcore, this core, that core. too many dividing lines!

You're cheese on toast, ken. I like you.

:D

Advertisement