Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who wants 100 euro?

Options
  • 21-08-2010 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭

Seeing as there's a recession and everyones broke ass and I won some money on poker recently, I'm offering one hundred euro to the most amusing begging story. I may base it on thanks revieved by the post or just decide myself.

Deadline this Sunday at midnight. Decision and payment made Monday morning via paypal.

Good luck.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Are you Joe Duffy?

Are you going to Fap over people's hard luck storys?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

i will take it off you and give it to the biggest, thickest guy I know to beat you down and rob the rest of your winnings off you!!

Hopes it's based on thanks and not your own feelings

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

fcuk her, €50 a week is loads.

I have a fiver til september 1st. now THATS breadline.

Man I wish I could afford bread. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

I live in Pakistan and my village/family/livelihood was washed away by a flood.

It was hilarious. I suppose you had to be there.

Do I win?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

I want the money, not because i need it(I Don't), I just want to add it to my cash mountain. I have E99,999,900 at the moment and think about it you could be part of history when i have my E100 million bed of cash

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/7957/cashmoutanin.jpg

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

I live in Pakistan and my village/family/livelihood was washed away by a flood.

It was hilarious. I suppose you had to be there.

Do I win?

Yes the hilarious bit was your Government spending all their money on Nuclear weapons!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Trolls ain't what they used to be

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

This is bring done for strictly AH reasons i.e. laughing at others misery but with a prize.

I will agree to give the winnings to the thread with the most thanks once the process is not abused.

• Advertisement

offer to escrow the money :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Swampy wrote: »
    This is bring done for strictly AH reasons i.e. laughing at others misery but with a prize.

I will agree to give the winnings to the thread with the most thanks once the process is not abused.

Ok, everyone thank me and saibh so that broke girl can get some money

lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Thank my post or i will kill you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Shove your €100 up your hoop!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

I was being mugged last week and I asked nicely the guy to please not rob me as I am poor and don't have any spare cash but he just yanked my bag out of my hand and my glasses smashed on the ground and the bus driver wouldn't believe me and let me on the bus home so I had to walk and it rained and my favourite Chinese Takeway closed down.

It'd be more fun to post a picture of you burning it after all the begging stories..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

I too am no good with words so il embed a song
    I play this each night before i cry myself to sleep...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Give it to a charity of your preference

Scien wrote: »
    I'm not particularly good with words so instead I've drawn you a picture of me with my dog.

Me & Benji

good idea!

Food is short in my house, here's a pic of my gf and my dog.
    http://bit.ly/bhHSbz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

3euro separate me from life and death.

Your 100e would be used in a good investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I live in Cork (city centre) in a small gated housing block (think apartment block but houses instead).

I was walking in one day, having gone to the bank or town or whatever and my neighbour (knacker) proceeded to walk up to me and ask me if I had any spare change. Normally I wouldn't think twice about it but I though it was pretty funny seeing as we lived in the same place and most likely paid the same rent (houses are next door to eachother).

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

I couldn't afford a camera to take a picture of me and my poor dog. I can't feed him and now he doesn't move anymore so I have to drag him everywhere. Please Mister help me and my only friend in the whole world:(

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Hamiltonion

I owe the gf 300, the bank 500 (due December), college reg 1580 and OD 200.

No work whatsoever to be found, E100 would really really help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭I_AmThe_Walrus

I zuk ya dik?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭poppyvalley

we as a family are soooo poor we cant afford basic things like laxatives. I just put the kids on their potties & tell them ghost stories. In the cold weather we cant afford heating so I give everyone mints & we breathe on each other

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I don't even have a dog :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Can i have your €100 to put on red. If i win i will offer my €100 winnings to another person to put it on their choice of Roulette colour or segment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

one i always remember was a mate who's dad won 20 quid on a spot the ball competition in the sunday press in the 80's. he got three begging letters.

a while back someone anonymous won around 100k in the lotto where i live. the morning the news broke locally a mate put out the "hilarious" false rumour that the winner was another mate of ours.

within three days that guy had been approached, in person, by someone from a local charity wondering if he'd like to donate some of his winnings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Advertisement