Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any pic's make you say OMG!

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

I really like that portrait - it's very honest, and very nicely exposed too!

I mean look at the reds in her eyes, the greasy-looking hair, the awful choice of eye-colour thing (eye-shadow?) and freckles. She's nearly the antithesis of a modern portrait, but she's still very, very beautiful.

Her eye contact and mouth shape are very natural. It asks questions - like all good photographs should. Like 'why is she worth photographing?' - for one!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

the_monkey wrote: »
    This crap won a prize ??

What? Picture of (most likely skinny) ginger girl with freckles and fresh make-up? I don't recall picture of such subject I didn't like ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mielag

nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

The majority of Nachtweys stuff, I'd advise anyone to look at the documentary 'War Photographer'

JN0016RIN.jpg

JN0011SUINGA.jpg

JN0009KIN_GA.jpg

JN0001RWIN_GA.jpg

JN0002CHIN_GA.jpg

JN0004INDO_GA_40-28.jpg

Also liking a lot of Dustin Diaz's work mainly for his lighting..

Check out his flickr and 365 project @ Dustin Diaz

4232984120_e1e089237a_z.jpg

4220384917_d7de1e339e_z.jpg

And

pbpic3804372.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Nisio

The gallery of photography in Market square has an exhibition by Giorgia Fiorio called "the gift"
    (http://giorgiafiorio.org/eng/index.php#)

It completely blew me away; worth checking out

• Advertisement
Advertisement