Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving.ie

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Nice site.

Ordered my first proper razor today after using up all the remaining mach 3 blades i had left.

I ordered the Luxury Safety Razor Starter kit as everyone seems to recommend the Merkur Progress as a great razor. I wasn't sure about creams so just went for Taylor Sandalwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭marc1

Nice site.

Ordered my first proper razor today after using up all the remaining mach 3 blades i had left.

I ordered the Luxury Safety Razor Starter kit as everyone seems to recommend the Merkur Progress as a great razor. I wasn't sure about creams so just went for Taylor Sandalwood.

Same here, just ordered the same pack!

Used up the last Mach3 blades... Cost me over 24 Euro for 4 of them and they left my neck in a mess!

I am really hoping that these safety razors live up to their reputation...

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

Nice site.

Good choice with the Taylor's.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

marc1 wrote: »
    I am really hoping that these safety razors live up to their reputation...
    Oh they will. But it may take you a week or two to get the hang of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tap28

I am an experienced DE shaver and tend to order about a years supplies at a time, I have bought stuff from all over the place.

At around 13.00 yesterday, for the first time, I ordered some products from shaving.ie they arrived in the post this morning.

Great service, will use again.

Thanks

Tap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Placed an order yesterday morning and my stuff arrived about 20 minutes ago. Fantastic service (nice discount too).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Same for me.

Ordered yesterday and it arrived today.

First DE shave today and it was great. A bit of burn on the neck but thats due to DE cleaning up the mach 3's mess.

Just got my mine as well...
    Very quick delivery, thanks!

When I put the blade in and try to close it, I can only get the razor to close to 2.5, is that normal?

Also, what do the numbers mean? Is 1 a closer shave of 5 closer shave?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

When I put the blade in and try to close it, I can only get the razor to close to 2.5, is that normal?

The higher the number the bigger the distance between the rail and the blade and hence a more 'agressive' shave. If you are a beginner you should set it to 1 and when you hone your technique you can open it up more if required. For example, I use a 1959 Gillette Fat Boy most of the time, and after years of ahving with it have not set it higher than 3 - it goes from 1 - 10.

MT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Just got my mine as well...
    Very quick delivery, thanks!

Make sure you have the triangle on the handle on the same side as the line on the cap, as per this pic:

5nra5g.jpg

• Advertisement

Ah, Rookie mistake I guess... Thanks! Now it closed all the way, to below 1.
    But then there were no instructions in the box...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Ah, Rookie mistake I guess... Thanks! Now it closed all the way, to below 1.
    But then there were no instructions in the box...

Check out mantic59 on youtube. I'm almost sure he has some bits and pieces on the progress' settings, a little bit of calibration etc... Also some excellent tips on other videos there too.

Oh yeah Chris, cheers for the speedy recent orders and the extra bits and pieces, much appreciated :D.

Excellent service, can't be beat imo.

It's a shame you couldn't get sort out samples with your suppliers, you'd probably get some more of my hard earned cash :pac:, probably just as well though!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

DeadSkin wrote: »
    It's a shame you couldn't get sort out samples with your suppliers, you'd probably get some more of my hard earned cash :pac:, probably just as well though!!! :p

It's an interesting issue, if Chris hadn't have said anything, I doubt any of us would have known that there would be a problem with distributing samples like that.

Is it just a coincidence that C
    ght's dedicated sample site is gone?

Amalgam wrote: »

Who are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Amalgam wrote: »
    It's an interesting issue, if Chris hadn't have said anything, I doubt any of us would have known that there would be a problem with distributing samples like that.

Still there for me.

Finally getting round to putting my order in. My Sensor Excel is out of blades and haven't seen them around lately so it seems the perfect time to switch to the dark sharp side. :pac:

I went a little mad with the order... it all adds up very quickly. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Dord wrote: »
    Still there for me.

Finally getting round to putting my order in. My Sensor Excel is out of blades and haven't seen them around lately so it seems the perfect time to switch to the dark sharp side. :pac:

I went a little mad with the order... it all adds up very quickly. :o

Pretty sure Paul mentioned he was doing way with the decant side as it was too much hassle.

Boots normally stock the Sensor blades, I use them for the daily dome shave.

I noticed earlier shaving.ie has a fathers day discount offer on the home page, my credit card was out replenishing the stash! Chris, any chance of including offers/promotions on the rss feeds? I nearly missed this one as I keep an eye on the feeds for any new arrivals and only visit the site when ordering. Great to see the Simpsons in stock, any plans for their super badger range?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭source

Chris I don't know why I'm still shocked to see the postman outside my door the day after ordering from you.

I'm still waiting on an order from another Irish site (electronics) that i put in on Tuesday.

Once more great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

any chance of including offers/promotions on the rss feeds?

That's a great idea. Most people subscribe to the new products feed so I could release the code as a product and it would hopefully show up. Usually the codes appear on Twitter and by newsletter but I have not had the time to get the newsletter out this month.
    Great to see the Simpsons in stock, any plans for their super badger range?
    Yes there will be a few more Simpsons brushes. Maybe the Chubby.. if anybody would like a particular model I have no problem getting it in as a special order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭The Novacastrian

Got my goods on Thursday, excellant service and great razor (Merkur 34C).

Just a note for all deliveries from all sources - there was no-one home when the postie was delivering, usually this goes to the local post office, but the Post Office doesn't take in the parcels anymore, so I had to go to the sorting office. Also, the sorting office will only keep it for 3 days and then it goes on somewhere else, so you may never see it again. So in future I will be having all stuff to be delivered sent to my work address, saves a 1/2 hour in the car.

• Advertisement

Ordered on Thursday night and received them today. Very good!! :)

A few extra blades were thrown in too. Thanks Chris! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Spudzzmurphy

Thanks Chris,received my order today,ordered Sunday received Tuesday.:D

Hey Chris, do you have a razor & brush stand for the Long Handled Progess and the Muhle Pure Badger Nickel Mirror Shaving Brush?

Unfortunately the plastic stand for the brush I got snapped :(

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Hey Chris, do you have a razor & brush stand for the Long Handled Progess and the Muhle Pure Badger Nickel Mirror Shaving Brush?

Not sure actually... there is a matching fitted stand for the nickel brush that holds a razor at the back but i'm not sure if the progress fits. I'll look into it.

DeadSkin, I found 2 stands that work with the Progress. You can see them on the home page under new products. Not sure if its what your looking for but both will fit your setup.

I like the new menu layout, much clearer! :)

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    DeadSkin, I found 2 stands that work with the Progress. You can see them on the home page under new products. Not sure if its what your looking for but both will fit your setup.

Cheers dude. I'll check in with me Dad over the next few days and see does he need anythin' to add to his stash before I put in an order :)

Oh yeah, kudos on the new layout of the site.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Chris, any idea when the alum-stick-in-a-tube will be in stock? It would be the perfect addition to my travel shaving bag.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Chris, any idea when the alum-stick-in-a-tube will be in stock? It would be the perfect addition to my travel shaving bag.
    Yes, there are more available now..:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Just ordered some stuff there off the guys, shaved off my beard yesterday so coming back into shaving with a bang and a bit of a class :p

Advertisement