Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man died after falling from an ambulance (Mod note post 1)

Options
  • 03-06-2010 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Mod note here.
    A paramedic working with the Health Service Executive in the northeast has died after falling from an ambulance.

It is understood the paramedic was treating a patient in an ambulance that was travelling on the N3 near Cavan.

It is thought the man fell from the rear of the vehicle.

The 43-year-old man was pronounced dead at Cavan General Hospital.
    The scene is sealed off and garda technical experts are examining the ambulance involved.

The HSE has confirmed the man's death and has extended its sympathy to his family.

An investigation into the accident has been launched by the HSE, gardaí and the Health and Safety Authority.

The man's name has not yet been released but it is understood he is from Co Cavan.

RIP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

An unfortunate tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

How awful.

I take it from the article that he fell from the moving vehicle, meaning that the door must not have been secured properly.

Jesus, if the ambulance was travelling at speed getting someone to the hospital, that was some fall

RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Poor man, RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

R.I.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

How unlucky & random is that?
    Working to help someone live & you get killed by a freak accident yourself.

It would definately make you think your life is mapped out for you from the day you're born, when your number is up its up.
    Why else would something like that happen?

I feel sorry for that mans family but especially sorry for his colleagues who had to witness it.

RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I feel sorry for the car behind the ambulance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

RIP

Condolences to the family friends and colleagues aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭hop2it

god help them all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

The car or the driver of the car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Given that this is AH, I have to comment that it must be one shocked lawyer!!! ;)

Aside from that, RIP........the guys and gals in our emergency services do a damn good job, all things considered, and it's not like they know on the way out what they're going to encounter due to some idiot driving drunk, stoned or at speed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

stovelid wrote: »
    It's terrible but I thought of that Simpsons episode where the ambulance crashes and Homer falls back down the mountain in his stretcher.

Poor bloke though. Sounds like some incompetence going on there.

We are all human Stovelid, even paramedics make mistakes. Could have been a faulty door or any number of things, lost balance and fell against the door and opening it...

Not speculating, just giving examples.

Poor man though, so young. Did he have any children or a wife?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

:( That's a terrible tragedy. RIP, and condolences to the family.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Poor man. Struck down trying to do his job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

The Emergency services, especially the ambulances & paramedics rarely get the respect they deserve. This is a terrible accident RIP poor guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

RIP.
    Terrible tragedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Shocking..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

i thought this was AH... i dont see any links to this story? where is it coming from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    i thought this was AH... i dont see any links to this story? where is it coming from?
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0603/cavan.html

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Ok. A number of posts have been removed.

A paramedic working with the Health Service Executive in the northeast has died after falling from an ambulance.

It is understood the paramedic was treating a patient in an ambulance that was travelling on the N3 at Beaghy, Stradone, Co Cavan.

It is believed the side door of the vehicle opened during a patient transfer.

The 43-year-old man was pronounced dead at Cavan General Hospital.

The scene is sealed off and garda technical experts are examining the ambulance involved.
    Is from the link provided above.
    A man died in a tragedy whilst working trying to help others. I have no interest in making this thread a piss-take. If you cannot post respectfully then do not post. Your hilarious little jokes about the recently deceased are not welcome here.
    Folks please help me out by reporting any posts which are insulting or offensive or whining about "But I thought this was after hours."

condolances to all involved :(
    I feel so sorry for the poor driver...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,061 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

RIP.

These people give so much time to help and save other lives.

So sad, sometimes there is no justice in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭messymess

<snip>

That aside, RIP ... terrible thing to happen. Life's very fragile people, enjoy every moment of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Aids By Google

I posted the wrong link a moment ago..

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1023 More appropriate forum tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 bestiaries

That's really sad.My stepdad told me about it this evening, was in one of the cars stuck behind it on his way home from work.

Apparently he was helping someone with a heart attack, leaned on the back doors which weren't closed properly and he fell out onto the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Ok. A number of posts have been removed.

Is from the link provided above.
    A man died in a tragedy whilst working trying to help others. I have no interest in making this thread a piss-take. If you cannot post respectfully then do not post. Your hilarious little jokes about the recently deceased are not welcome here.
    Folks please help me out by reporting any posts which are insulting or offensive or whining about "But I thought this was after hours."

Apologies. Sometimes my fingers run away with themselves & unfortunately they don't always run towards the report button.

I'll be better in future & fair play to you for removing the posts. Looking back I was no better than the poster I was getting at.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WanderingSoul

RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Condolences to the family.

I only discovered lately how few ambulances we have in Dublin ,I don't know how the paramedics can cope.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭doughef

fukk

poor fella.. (presuming it was a fella).. jeez,, out helping to save lives...

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Jayus, awful way to die.
    RIP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

RIP. Sad news.

Advertisement