Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can some1 interpret my dream?

Options
  • 01-04-2010 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭

At the start, I was driving around with family looking for a new car. Then I arrive at my house which I share with 2 people.

There was apparently no-one at home at first. There was a knock at the door. A young chinese girl (Maybe around 5) was selling something to raise funds for something or other - She was looking for 6 pounds (Interestingly not euro!). In the dream, I was able to talk to her brilliantly - In real life, I am not so good at talking to kids.

After the kid went, I heard my housemates upstairs, so I went up to talk to them. One of them had black hair (In reality she has blond hair) and they were talking about moving out...

I dont usually dream so I wonder if my subconcious is telling me something - The young girl coming to the door seems particularly strange to me...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

Hi, its not always the case that the subconscious is trying to tell us something, more often than not its usually just busy filing away information that has been retrieved over the previous day/ time period. The brain uses imagery like metaphors to recreate emotional states that you might have encountered earlier and matches it with similar states that you had experienced in the past in order to process it.
    so for example, in your dream you are literally trying to get from a to b and considering seeking out a new way to do so.
    (The people in our dreams are usually reflective of the self, they both present different ways of looking at things)

Advertisement