Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

''The Fortunate Sons''

Options
  • 12-04-2010 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    According to a report in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE is putting consideration into starting a new heel stable called "The Fortunate Sons" with Ted DiBiase Jr. as the leader.
    Members rumored for the potential stable include Mr. Perfect's son Joe Hennig and The Million Dollar Man's son/DiBiase's brother Brett DiBiase (who has appeared in WWE briefly with the former Legacy faction in the past).

Just want to discuss this.

It sounds **** TBH. Why not just keep the legacy name? It sounded alot better.

Dibiasi as leader will be cool and the other lads joining is a good thing too.

And why no Cody Rhodes? Surely there is room for him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ya, I have to agree. It sounds stupid. Not to mention it does not really put any of them over, it just makes them sound secondary to their more famous fathers.

I should hope this is nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

gimmick wrote: »
    I should hope this is nonsense.

it's not! from what i have seen thats definatley the way they are going, every promo ted does now he mentions the fortunate sons and the yare already testing the waters with it in FCW apparantly with brett and joe!

the big question is, whats left for cody to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

it's not! from what i have seen thats definatley the way they are going, every promo ted does now he mentions the fortunate sons and the yare already testing the waters with it in FCW apparantly with brett and joe!

the big question is, whats left for cody to do?

future endeavours?

future endeavours?

if they dont find him something fast i can see that happening alright! id say he will be taking time off (after the punt at WM) then they may try bring him back to feud with ted.....but i dont see that working at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,321 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I agree they should have kept the Legacy name. As for Cody, I can see him being one of the guys who fued with the Fortunate Sons. People like Cody, MVP, Kofi and stuff having good midcard fueds against the Fortunate Sons.

Or he should just join up with them, which would be a lot better. I can't see him getting Future Endevoured, not for a good while yet. Maybe even a US Title reign?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

Be hell of an intro tune though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec0XKhAHR5I

:D

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,979 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Such a good band.

According to Ted Jr himself, he doesn't want to be a pro wrestler and he's just keeping the seat warm for Brett.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with Cody. I think he's definitely the better worker of the two and clearly better on the mic, but he's been made look so weak since Legacy started that it's hard to take him seriously as a credible threat to anyone.

He needs to replace his Triforce of Courage with the Triforce of Power!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

What happened to Cody? Haven't seen him around since WM...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,321 ✭✭✭✭Penn

TripleAce wrote: »
    What happened to Cody? Haven't seen him around since WM...

Punt in the head by Orton basically means about 3 weeks holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 85,404 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope Cody gets drafted to SD

Is it too soon for another stable like this since Legacy just finished :confused: and we have got the Hart Dynasty who hopefully will be getting a push

• Advertisement

id like to see cody start a stable of his own (dont ask me with who....gold dust maybe, then others) id like to go back to the days of stables, the nation, the corporation, (original) DX, the union, the ministry, these all set up for some good feuds, interchanging of characters and moved storylines along nicely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Sounds like a really bad band that would try out for All-Ireland Talent Show, but wouldn't make it past the first round..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,021 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I told you on last week RAW thread that it was starting just listening to Ted's promo

• Registered Users Posts: 85,404 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Maybe they could bring Ted Snr back as their manager :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,133 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

worst. name. ever.

call them 'The Lucky B*stards' or something.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

View Post
    According to a report in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE is putting consideration into starting a new heel stable called "The Fortunate Sons" with Ted DiBiase Jr. as the leader.
    Members rumored for the potential stable include Mr. Perfect's son Joe Hennig and The Million Dollar Man's son/DiBiase's brother Brett DiBiase (who has appeared in WWE briefly with the former Legacy faction in the past).

nowhere in there is Cody mentioned as not being a part of the stable, id imagine unless you all have heard it elsewhere that he will be and his name is only not mentioned as they only mentioned the wrestlers not currently on WWE TV who are therefore less well known. Yes i know they mentioned Ted too but only so as to point out that he will be the leader.

Perhaps there could be friction with Ted/Cody though if this gets started before Codys return which would be one reason why Dibiase might be the leader and this may not sit well with Rhodes.

decent idea (kinda obvious tbh) but the name change is not needed imo although atleast i do expect to see more of Ted Sr as a result of this angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Would've thought it'd make more sense to team them with IRS's kids. Well, this can't turn out worse than Legacy surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Maybe they could bring Ted Snr back as their manager :D

That would almost make up for the name. Almost.

If MDM came back to manage them, they would have to be The Million Dollar Corporation again.

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA (Money, money, money, money, moneeeeyyyyy...)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭Ridley

I would have thought DiBiase's delivery of "fortunate son" meant a fued with his brother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That name does sound lame. They should call them the Soldiers of Fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Or just get Ted and Brett as a team and call them like Brothers of Destruction... That's a good name, surprised no one has ever thought of it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Or just get Ted and Brett as a team and call them like Brothers of Destruction... That's a good name, surprised no one has ever thought of it.

while were throwing out alternatives (albeit a :pac: one on your part)..."The Perfect sons" Ted & Brett managed by their dad the Million Dollar Man with Mr Perfects son in toe. The first feud is Ted vs Cody for the Million Dollar belt.

what decade is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

A couple of names that I can come up with (Not very imaginative) but if they are basically going to live off their fathers legacy it will be alright.

Perfect Million Dollar's
    Million Dollar Perfection
    New Generation (Surely someone has been called this? Also might be too similar to DX.)
    Perfect Next Generation.

Something like that anyway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

So we all agree Legacy was a failure then? I assume one of the main goals of the team when they initially were thrown together that ultimately Ted and Cody would be over when they disbanded.
    And here we are starting all over again with Ted! This idea sounds horrible really, and the idea that a charisma deprived Ted will be fronting this is terrifying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I f******g hate that name, the Fortunate Sons. I hope that's not what they go with.

Better to call them the Million Dollar Dreams or something if they are all DiBiase's

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

shinzon wrote: »
    Be hell of an intro tune though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec0XKhAHR5I

:D

Shin

They'd have to use CCR as their intro!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

According to Ted Jr himself, he doesn't want to be a pro wrestler and he's just keeping the seat warm for Brett.

Really?

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Really?

Don't ask me to find the interview again because I'm sure there are hundreds from after Marine 2 came out, but he said that Brett was the one who always wanted to be a wrestler and he just kind of went along with it because he didn't want to let down his family name.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Don't ask me to find the interview again because I'm sure there are hundreds from after Marine 2 came out, but he said that Brett was the one who always wanted to be a wrestler and he just kind of went along with it because he didn't want to let down his family name.

Oh no, I have no problem taking your word for it. Seems like such a strange admission though.

Advertisement