Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our Lady to appear in Knock on Sunday

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

My mum was at it and she saw something change colour from blue to green. I'll see if I can get the USB cable for the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

well, did she make an appearance??

or was she watchin the x-factor like the rest of us??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

My mum was at it and she saw something change colour from blue to green.

Probably one of them tacky fibre optic Jesus pics they sell down there in the sthalls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

me@ucd wrote: »
    wow Kock airport has really taken off if they're able to fit Jumbo's in there now :pac:

:D You said Kock! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

typical woman.
    she's probably still doing her make-up.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

aDeener wrote: »
    :rolleyes:
    which they are well entitled to even though you may not agree with their political persuasion
    believing in angels isnt a "political persuasion"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭jaysusjones

Ogham wrote: »
    Wonder if this Joe Coleman will have much to say about it?

Our Lady and Joe are probably sitting in the pub now pissing themselves laughing

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Our Lady was definitely due to appear.

She chose to travel to Knock by bus. She was waiting for her bus for about 2 hours when two came at once. The first was full and wouldn't take her. She had to stand on the second as none of the pricks would offer their seat for her (she's well over 2000 years old you know).

She was delayed on the N5 heading from Longford to Castlebar.

By the time she came close to Mayo, it was nearly nighttime and she was in a fairly foul temper. She decided, instead of going to the Shrine, to go into the local pub and drown her sorrows with alcohol. She ended up having a one night stand with some fat farmer, losing her virginity and sacrificing her chances of winning the Guinness 'Longest time without sex' World Record.

All in all, a pretty crap day for the Virgin Mary

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

Slightly off the point, but I remember reading a few years ago that the first time there was an apparition there was a hoax. From what i can remember, the local priest was very pro-british at the time, and the locals did not approve of this. It was believed that some of the locals were going to do a job on the troublesome priest, so the british army were called in, and did a job with a magic lantern to convince some of the more gullible yokels that it would be in their interest to support the priest.

May be bs but makes sense!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

I'm sure she's got better places to appear at than in knock in all fairness....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Girl Friday

I was in Knock today and whilst I didn't see Our Lady, I did see the sun turn green and then blue with a dark edge and the clouds surrounding it kept changing colour (looked like an eclipse but without the darkness). The sun looked like it was spinning and vibrating. This happened three times over the course of I think about 5 minutes sometime between a quarter past and half past three.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

The Local radio station has a vague report on it - pretty useless journalism as usual from this lot. (Most of their audience would be Pensioners / Big Tom fans who go to Knock every week)
    They report....the following

"...Several thousand people turned out at Knock Shrine today after a Dublin based clairvoyant predicted that Our Lady would appear at the Shrine at 3pm this afternoon. Many people at the Shrine today reported seeing different sights in the sky, such as the Sun dancing and different religious images appearing in the Sun. Others reported seeing nothing unusual." :rolleyes:

Thay interviewed that Joe Coleman last week about the prediction - and were probably responsible for most of the people turning up today.

http://www.midwestradio.ie/MWR/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=4431&cntnt01detailtemplate=Sample&cntnt01returnid=52

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

CC need to get these lads on the case :

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

(Most of their audience would be Pensioners / Big Tom fans who go to Knock every week)

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

such as the Sun dancing and different religious images appearing in the Sun. Others reported seeing nothing unusual."

No wonder they were seeing funny things if they were staring at the Sun. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

.... "...Several thousand people turned out at Knock Shrine today after a Dublin based clairvoyant predicted that Our Lady would appear at the Shrine at 3pm this afternoon. Many people at the Shrine today reported seeing different sights in the sky, such as the Sun dancing and different religious images appearing in the Sun..."...

Fuckwits.

There were loads of people with cameras so I'm pretty sure someone must have gotten some better pictures than this:)

Knock.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Well, did she appear? Or did you all forget to forward the text on to five people before midnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,828 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The biggest gig of the year...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

There were loads of people with cameras so I'm pretty sure someone must have gotten some better pictures than this:)

Knock.JPG

NEWS JUST IN: People looking directly at sun see strange colours and lights. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭JacquesD'Ladd

Knock.JPG

Hi Girl Friday

I see nothing unusual in that photo. Should I? There are some bright blue spots alright, but aren't these just an effect of the camera? thanks in advance, and thanks for uploading.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

For the love of monkey, ive burnt my retinas out ffs.

For the love of monkey, ive burnt my retinas out ffs.

So you must be a skilled typist then?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

So you must be a skilled typist then?

Who said that?

Hi there,

I know it's not a great photo and honestly I don't know what the blue colour is in it. When I took it I just pointed the camera into the sky and pressed the button. I could see the sun as a blue disk with a dark edge and spinning at the time which doesn't seem to have shown up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Hi there,

I know it's not a great photo and honestly I don't know what the blue colour is in it. When I took it I just pointed the camera into the sky and pressed the button. I could see the sun as a blue disk with a dark edge and spinning at the time which doesn't seem to have shown up.

Perhaps what you saw was a result of staring at the sun and possibly damaging your eyes whereas the camera was capable of showing the true picture of what was in the sky?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

I was in Knock today and whilst I didn't see Our Lady, I did see the sun turn green and then blue with a dark edge and the clouds surrounding it kept changing colour (looked like an eclipse but without the darkness). The sun looked like it was spinning and vibrating. This happened three times over the course of I think about 5 minutes sometime between a quarter past and half past three.

Really? I`ll have whatever you`ve had.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

For the love of jehovah, if you stare at the sun, or near to the sun, of course you'll see optical phenomeon. Any time I look at the sun, or near it, I see stupid sparkles for a few minutes afterwards - our retinas aren't designed to cope with such intense lumens.

Next up ... water is wet, shock, horror!

For the love of jehovah, if you stare at the sun, or near to the sun, of course you'll see optical phenomeon. Any time I look at the sun, or near it, I see stupid sparkles for a few minutes afterwards - our retinas aren't designed to cope with such intense lumens.

Next up ... water is wet, shock, horror!

Really? and what exactly are 'stupid sparkles'? My guess is these stupid sparkles are a little closer to your head than the sun. Tell me: how long are you able to 'stare at the sun' before seeing these sparkles? No one stares at the sun simply because THEY CAN'T Stare at the sun. It hurts too much. So try and refute something worthwhile, if you can, such as refute the fact they were able to stare at the sun AT ALL. 50,000 witnesses is going to be a lot harder to refute than the silly little potshots we've had so far. Wait till the papers carry it, if they dare. They were there after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

It must be true - it was foretold in the bible .......

John 4:7-12

.......God sent his only SUN into the world, ...........

and

Matthew 7:7

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; KNOCK and the door will be opened to you

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement