Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Flow

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

surely the main problems were/are a poorly designed tolling system that was rolled out before being tested properly to confirm its accuracy and efficiency?

but this awful mess was then added to by having a call centre that seemed to worsen the situation for everyone?

now it seems employees of that call centre are on here getting banned for bad-mouthing the very patient customers that kept them in work for so long regardless of their companies failings?

it has been stated before but if you have a reciept showing you paid a toll which you are being fined/threatened with court over then just ignore all their letters and let them make fools of themselves in court! it will cost you nothing!

how much does 40 minutes to an 1890 number cost?

considering that not everyone has access to email this company should really have a free 1800 or lo-call 1850 number because the calls are taking so long afaik this is in the guidelines for setting up these lo-call numbers that the 1890 calls should have a certain average call lenght to prevent the customers being hit with high charges for longer calls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 EX EFLOW STAFF

foggy_lad wrote: »
    surely the main problems were/are a poorly designed tolling system that was rolled out before being tested properly to confirm its accuracy and efficiency?

but this awful mess was then added to by having a call centre that seemed to worsen the situation for everyone?

now it seems employees of that call centre are on here getting banned for bad-mouthing the very patient customers that kept them in work for so long regardless of their companies failings?

it has been stated before but if you have a reciept showing you paid a toll which you are being fined/threatened with court over then just ignore all their letters and let them make fools of themselves in court! it will cost you nothing!

how much does 40 minutes to an 1890 number cost?

considering that not everyone has access to email this company should really have a free 1800 or lo-call 1850 number because the calls are taking so long afaik this is in the guidelines for setting up these lo-call numbers that the 1890 calls should have a certain average call lenght to prevent the customers being hit with high charges for longer calls?

Hi all

I understad your frustration with eflow to date but can i ask that you respect the fact that mothers, fathers, uni guys and others have just lost their jobs.

Bet eire flow aka eflow done this without notice which was unprofessional and without a second thought for the teleperformance staff , they could of give 30 days so people could look else where.

The problem was never the call centre, the call centre pumped a lot of resources in to the contract to offer the customer with a good experience but the reason that wasn't good enough was down to eflow who have showen no support to teleperformance.

Remember all we done was answer phone and used eflows system and yes it was crap, we were obliged to follow eflow processes which don't work and if we didn't then we would end up down the HR route.

TP staff come to work for TP not eflow and when we apply we don't always know where we will be based.

From day 1 i thought this might work, it sounds good but the reason it didn't was down to eflow systems and the managers in the back round at the so callled head office.

Again please be respecfull to the TP satff on here, they are angry and annoyed and its not customers they want to take it out on, its eflow.

When you have a complaint you email customerservice@eflow.ie
    but this only goes to the call centre.

Email the below
    complaints@eflow.ie
    or
    complaints@beteireflow.ie
    (can't remember which one)
    the names of the managers at eflow
    <snip>
    Greg McGrath
    Emanual (CEO)

The mystry head office is actually north of dublin in Coolock in a buisness park in the same building as Real Time technologys.

If you have any quearies regarding eflow ask me i should be able to help.

I KNOW THAT ALOT OF PEOPLE FROM THE SOUTH COME TO THE NORTH TO SHOP, TELEPERFORMANCE IS AT THE QUAYS COMPLEX NEXT TO O'NEILS, DROP IN AND OFFER THEM SUPPORT FOR THE ABUSE THEY TOOK FROM EFLOW.
    TP STAFF DON'T BE RUDE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Again please be respecfull to the TP satff on here, they are angry and annoyed and its not customers they want to take it out on, its eflow.

<snip>

I KNOW THAT ALOT OF PEOPLE FROM THE SOUTH COME TO THE NORTH TO SHOP, TELEPERFORMANCE IS AT THE QUAYS COMPLEX NEXT TO O'NEILS, DROP IN AND OFFER THEM SUPPORT FOR THE ABUSE THEY TOOK FROM EFLOW.
    TP STAFF DON'T BE RUDE!!!

Yeh fair enough, I agree with you - but it works both ways. Might want to give madbitch a clip round the ear for all that crap she was spouting the other night..

Yes it does work both ways and we i have sympathy for eflow customers as do the rest of the staff , i always remember our guys finishing calls and they always felt sorry for the customer but like i said we only answered calls we had no tools to work with our hands were tied.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

madbitch wrote: »
    You ****ing asshole!!! Alot of the people that lost their jobs r in uni getting an education u halfwit southern bastard!!

In Uni :eek: . With spelling like that how could you possibly tell that ????

• Advertisement

Again please be respecful to the TP staff on here, they are angry and annoyed and its not customers they want to take it out on, its eflow.

It is very hard to feel empathy for anybody when the main spokesperson for the call centre is a psychotic old skool bigot aptly called madbitch and who can't spell .

I hate call centre staff who can't spell as much as I hate old skool bigots . I particularly hate old skool bigot and functionally illiterate call centre staff , I hope they send her off to do 3 Ireland support in Mumbai :D

My earlier prediction of a collapse by christmas was aimed primarily at the eflow system , eflow have only dodged the bullet and bought themselves more time . As I predicted some time back the call centre was going to go but that is only a ruse to buy eflow time to design a system .
    Email the below
    complaints@eflow.ie
    or
    complaints@beteireflow.ie
    (can't remember which one)
    the names of the managers at eflow
    <snip>
    Greg McGrath
    Emanual (CEO)

Thank you very much for those. MAKE sure you cc info@nra.ie when you email the above so that they can follow the resolution .
    The mystery head office is actually north of dublin in Coolock in a business park in the same building as Real Time technologys.

The registered address is in NRA HQ though , if you want to write to them !

EFLOW BARRIER-FREE TOLLING
    NATIONAL ROADS AUTHORITY
    ST MARTIN'S HOUSE
    WATERLOO ROAD
    DUBLIN 4

EFlow is a fraudulent system.

It is incapable of accurately processing monies paid to it in an accurate way and exposes entirely compliant and innocent people to reputational risk because of its own failures what with Debt Collectors being set on people who are not in debt . This is fraud .

I would recommend that people read this post elsewhere on Boards to see some system failures described at length by an ex Call Centre Agent

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60667099&postcount=1271

With the email addresses kindly provided by ExEflow it should be possible to find out who the real culprits are for this farce. One of them has chosen to advertise themselves :D

http://www.linkedin.com/in/stevepetherbridge
    Manager of toll monitoring & enforcement within what is a Public Private Partnership.

Fast track recruiting, inducting and developing a team of 5 Supervisors and 63 staff in what was a greenfield start- up in 2008 - devising the initial employee selection criteria to match the departmental and company objectives; investing in the development of talent by implementing a policy of employee motivation and flexibility through multi-skilling, individual empowerment and responsibility; assigning do-able goals and achieveable objectives while delivering a sense of satisfaction and a desire to constantly contribute added value to the business; drawing on my own belief in a people orientated leadership philosophy.

Sounds Wonderful...if it worked that is . :D

This chap arrived later on . He does not appear to have responsibility for the initial mess that we have discussed in this thread . It did not take him long to start the call centre competition and to eventually dump the illiterate Madbitch

http://www.linkedin.com/in/simonmcbeth
    February 2009 — Present (5 months)

Senior Management accountability for Customer Service functions including Outsourced Contact Centre and all other customer touch points. Provide direction for 10 direct reports to ensure speed of response and world class customer service for the first EU project in the management of major tolling operation. Responsibilities include:

• Develop and deliver the customer service vision, strategy and organization throughout the business
    • Liaise directly with the government body (NRA) to ensure satisfaction of customer servicing
    • Lead, Co-Ordinate and manage on an integrated basis all individual sections responsible for interacting with the customers
    • Be first person contact for communications, marketing and public relations areas on behalf of customer service
    • Lead role in management of all business suppliers and key relationships
    • Management of internal suppliers to ensure best practice delivery, including IT, HR and Facilities teams

It may be worth sending suggestions or accurate system failure reports to him. My reading is that he is the guy in charge of cleaning the mess up His sidekick is Orla Garraghy .

80% of Bet Eire Flow is owned by Societe des Autoroutes du Nord et de l'Est de la France aka "Sanef"

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/erik-merkez/a/a01/603
    Erik Merkes

Head of Concessions and PPP - Business Development at Sanef

would have been the guy that signed the contract with the NRA to deliver a functioning system . His contact details are here should anyone wish to tell him what is going on in Dublin and his colleage Arnaud may also wish to be kept in the loop. Notice the deliberate capitalisation in the email addresses. Furthermore another colleague came over to collect French Company of the year in Ireland 2008 gongs at some shindig a while back , he would be Bruno Corthier, Head of Telematics Development, Sanef . May as well tell him his system don't work neither .

To complicate matters further , beteireflow/eflow have contracted a lot of this farrago out to Payzone Ireland

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS69829+15-Jan-2008+RNS20080115
    Payzone plc ("Payzone" or the "Company"), the leading European consumer payments and cash distribution network, has won the contract to provide BetEire Flow, the operator of the planned barrier-free tolling system on Ireland's M50, with retail and on-line toll payment services for users of the motorway.

M50 users will be able to pay the M50 toll charges at any of Payzone Ireland's branded network of two thousand convenience stores, which already offer Payzone's mobile phone top-up and other services. Road users will also have the option of paying the M50 toll charge via the internet or by telephone using Payzone's e-payment solutions.

http://www.finextra.com/fullpr.asp?id=20868

A Mike and A Nigel are named in that link , they should be told if Payzone lost a payment I feel ..as should the NRA of course.

http://payzoneplc.com/pages/about-us/corporate-profile/executive-team.phphttp://payzoneplc.com/pages/about-us/corporate-profile/executive-team.php

he is a Michael betimes . Payzone welcome emails to info@payzone.ie and of course always cc info@nra.ie

Stamp this fraud out now !

It may be worth sending suggestions or acccurate system failur reports to him. My reading is that he is the guy in charge of cleaning the mess up .

other email address is

simon.mcbeth@eflow.ie or simon.mcbeth@beteireflow.ie

steve.petherbridge@eflow.ie or steve.petherbridge@beteireflow.ie.

The below address is for the NRA but again eflow as a company is based at Real Time Technologys Coolock!

EFLOW BARRIER-FREE TOLLING
    NATIONAL ROADS AUTHORITY
    ST MARTIN'S HOUSE
    WATERLOO ROAD
    DUBLIN 4

Neither of those two names mean anything do they ??

And you mentioned 'emanual' in your original suspects list . Is that a person or process ??

I also found a charming page devoted to Teleperformance on Bebo

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=5389895145&ShowSims=Y

Take the whining there please. Thanks.
    "My god the place is a nightmare"

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Neither of those two names mean anything do they ??

And you mentioned 'emanual' in your original suspects list . Is that a person or process ??

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=5389895145&ShowSims=Y

Take the whining there please. Thanks.

They both work at eflow in coolock and are senior management also.

He is a person and is top dog, not sure of his surname.

TP is a good place to work for the majority of staff! On your side here , full support to the customers!

• Advertisement

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?Memb...145&ShowSims=Y

HAD A LOOK AT THIS, MOST HAVE BEEN SACKED FOR GROSS MISCONDUCT!

Back to the suspects .

Around when SANEF set up Bet Eire Flow they 'partnered' with a large software house for the scheme . The remaining 20% of Beteire Flow is owned by this lot

http://uk.c-s.fr/NRA-National-Road-Authority_a93.html

The pair of planks have also got a contract off the back of this to do the Golden Ears Bridge ....yeah that one :D The Golden Ears bridge .

http://uk.c-s.fr/Electronic-Free-Flow-Tolling-on-Golden-Ears-Bridge-Vancouver-Canada-Customer-Service-Centre-Opening_a208.html

also see

http://uk.c-s.fr/CS-wins-the-project-of-installation-and-operation-of-the-Free-Flow-System-on-the-ring-of-Dublin_a132.html
    The system installed and integrated by CS is made up: • of four Free Flow Toll gantries at one toll point full lane, 2x4 lanes integrating a reading system of Tag and automatic detection of the number plate (OCR). • of a back office system composed of the management real time of the toll gantries, ETC transactions (Electronic Toll Collection) and Toll based on automatic detection of the number plate, management of the subscribers, "Customer Care", invoicing and follow-up of the unpaid users and Toll evaders. CS will also keep involved in the system operation and will be in particular in charge of the maintenance over this 6.5 years period.

We must not forget who gave the contract to these French chancers in the first place, they Good Old NRA

You must always cc info@nra.ie when you contact anybody else . It is the only thing that will ulltimately put pressure on BetEire Flow the dirty chancers .

The NRA has a Board who do not like being reminded of their failures

http://www.nra.ie/AboutUs/BoardMembers/

Frank Convery is a UCD academic . Jenny Kent has a hotel in Laois . Raymond Potterton is a Meath auctioneer. John Newell works for ecocem

Shane Ross has more on them here,

http://www.shane-ross.ie/archives/347/m50-directors-unmasked/

Do feel free to contact them and to tell them what a great job they are doing .

They report to a well known FF shyster, Noel Dempsey , minister@transport.ie or minister.dempsey@transport.ie should get him .

The Execs are

Fred Barry is CEO and either Hugh Creegan or Michael Egan heads up the section running eFlow and who granted the contract

The person who was in charge of Hiring the Kerry solicitor was Michael Kennedy . Click Full Notice Text in this link below

http://etenders.gov.ie/search/show/search_view.aspx?ID=MAR100059

You can email him as well as info@nra.ie and some Board members, all by email , if these people are harassing you for something you paid for .

If you want to complain about BetEire Flow being crap then maybe try Rachel Cahill , Click Full Notice Text in this link below

http://etenders.gov.ie/search/show/search_view.aspx?ID=APR082619

In case I missed someone you can see a who is who in here ( and extension numbers to chase them if they do not answer emails ) .

Both of them work for Hugh Creegan and between themselves, Hugh, Fred Barry the CEO and the Board and the Minister they all gave us eflow .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    In Uni :eek: . With spelling like that how could you possibly tell that ????

Sponge Bob I've stated previously that I do not want any more silliness in this thread. Please do not post in such a manner again.

dudara

User Jenny100 has added more detail on the eFlow farce over in Motors

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60706288&postcount=1307

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

benifa wrote: »
    Ok, I've got one. What's the deal with UK registered cars? I know they use EPC in London, who get the details from the DVLA, and issue invoices to the owners of the car.. but like - how far do they go with it? What happens if the UK driver doesn't receive (or chooses to ignore) the invoices?

I would also be interested in what the situation is. I know someone from the North who has passed through it a few times and has yet to receive any notices in the post. Can anyone shed some light? Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Basically nothing. Ignoring them works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Basically nothing. Ignoring them works.

Bugger. I paid EPC £38 something iirc, about a month back. This was the total they worked out for about 8 journeys on the M50. I don't know what they did to get that figure. It was in Sterling and everything, so I don't know what exchange rate they were using either.

I did read on here that it was better just to ignore it.. but I'm a worrier. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ! Hitman

does anybody know, do the eflow customer care team reply to the emails they've got? couse i'm waiting for an answer around 1 week...:mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

! Hitman wrote: »
    does anybody know, do the eflow customer care team reply to the emails they've got? couse i'm waiting for an answer around 1 week...:mad:

lol, my da sent one back in september and he got a reply about 6 weeks ago about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 ! Hitman

Lenny wrote: »
    lol, my da sent one back in september and he got a reply about 6 weeks ago about it.

thats amazing, i can't believe it!!! thats some customer care team!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

! Hitman wrote: »

I didn't get a reply to my email (well, the contact form on the website) but I did get my 3 euro refunded after 9 weeks. They sent a cheque.

It's a bit crap they we're forced to pay within, at most, 44 hours, but they can take 9 weeks to pay back. I was about to send them a bill for non payment when the bloody cheque arrived. I had a letter written and everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

I had to wait 17 months to get 19 euro back that they double charged me and denied doing! They said they had no record of the payment in their system but refused to check their bank account and then ignored me completely after I'd proved it.
    jor el wrote: »
    I was about to send them a bill for non payment when the bloody cheque arrived. I had a letter written and everything.

same here, I was gonna get a solicitor friend to write me a letter too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Gf's mother got a letter yesterday saying a toll was owed on a car that's never been east of Leitrim. At least customer service seems to have improved - got through straight away and they cancelled it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 BarryErfree

benifa wrote: »
    Ok, I've got one. What's the deal with UK registered cars? I know they use EPC in London, who get the details from the DVLA, and issue invoices to the owners of the car.. but like - how far do they go with it? What happens if the UK driver doesn't receive (or chooses to ignore) the invoices?

Sorry for the late answer - dont "surf" the web too often...

But yeah, UK drivers. I honestly cannot say how far they will go with those charges, main reason being that up until around april this year we did not know what happened to those charges on our system - they kind of went into a limbo state, lol. I'll tell ya all that I know.

Basically different rules seem to apply to UK drivers. With ROI drivers you need to pay by 8pm the next day or your fined. UK drivers dont receive this initial fine (the reason being is that E-Flow cannot obtain a postal address to send the charges too, they only have ROI addresses)

A UK drivers toll wil stay open on the system for 5 days without incurring a penalty, so infact UK customers do have more time to pay the €3.
    The problem? Once the 5 days are up the toll is passed off the system, much in the same way that a ROI drivers toll is when it goes to the solicitors.

To use some of the jargon, PROSECUTION ENTITY is the message the system flashes up when a toll is passed off it. Prosecution entitys are tolls that E-Flow have sent to 3rd parties to seek payments i.e. Pierse & Fitzgibon Solicitors(ROI) or EPC(UK)

So a UK drivers toll will become a prosecution entity after 5 days, this means that say a customer called up wanting to pay on the 6th day, its too late. The option to pay this toll has been removed from eflows system, you now have to wait for a letter that requests payment.

E-Flow went live last August, since then I took tonnes of calls from UK drivers, I was even asked by a few friends and neighbours about if they had to pay. We were not briefed about what happens to UK drivers by E-Flow so never really knew what to say. Il be honest and say that I thought the same as the public for a while, that eflow did not have address or a system for UK drivers so they were in a way exempt.

A few months laters...

(Im sure it was round april or end of march) I got a call from a customer who had in his hand an EPC letter, at this stage I had never heard of EPC, once again E-Flow had not briefed any agents on this.

The customer at the time was very irate, because what he had in his hand could have been made by anybody, it was a charge for tolls on the M50 with a little Eflow logo on it too. The customer called us, and no one in the call centre knew about these letters, we had not at the time been told to expect calls from customer with EPC letters, so how were we to know that the letters were not perhaps a scam(if you have one, dont worry its not a scam - well it is sort of if its from eflow lol)

I asked the customer how much they were charged and from what he told me and the information on the system it would seem that UK drivers are charged the sterling equivelant of €6 (€3 toll and €3 fine) per toll, thats all.

Anyways in the following weeks we were eventually briefed to tell UK drivers that had missed initial deadlines that their toll had been passed to EPC, and provide the driver with EPCs number. So there must be some sort of system in place now, it only took them 8 months icon7.gif

If your a UK driver you can have an account with E-Flow, the funny thing is you need a valid payment method (laser,visa,mastercard) most ppl i spoke to dont have laser cards, and we cant set up direct debits for sterling accounts because they are regarded as foreign transactions and the customer gets overcharged.

Also I spoke with numerous customers who licence plate was not recogised when they went to a payzone shop, so they could not pay at the shop and this meant the toll passed the 5 days.No no no this system is not setup for UK drivers at all!

So to sum up:
    -Uk drivers have 5 days to pay
    -Ya dont pay on time you gotta wait weeks, nay, MONTHS for a letter.
    -You dont have alot of options to pay or set up an account

My advice:
    a)avoid M50
    b)Get an easypass tag, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

If UK drivers are savy at all they can avoid paying anything as EPC can be safely ignored as they have no legal powers in the UK.

A UK drivers toll wil stay open on the system for 5 days without incurring a penalty, so infact UK customers do have more time to pay the €3.
    The problem? Once the 5 days are up the toll is passed off the system, much in the same way that a ROI drivers toll is when it goes to the solicitors.

This is illegal and discriminatory. They have 14 days to pay the double toll , same as anybody else .

There is no legal difference between a UK reg driver and an IE reg driver in the 14 day period that legally follows the 20:00 hours Next Day deadline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭ASIL1983

Im waiting to hear word from Eflows solicitors for an unpaid fine-long story..... Anyone know what it says on these letters they send out?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Threads merged - dudara

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 basherzz

ASIL1983 wrote: »
    Im waiting to hear word from Eflows solicitors for an unpaid fine-long story..... Anyone know what it says on these letters they send out?

They basically tell you about the different ways to pay the €152.00 that you now owe for each pass through the m50 toll. They urge you "to take the contents of this Toll Violation Notice extremely seriously and to discharge the debt with 7 days or court proceedings will issue against you without any further notice".

I've just been battling with them and the NRA for the last few weeks and the end result is not good. I'm going to have to pay up or be sued. If you don't have a receipt for proof that you paid you're ****ed. There's no goodwill, no benefit of the doubt, just a very expensive trip to Dublin.

So, drivers beware ! If you pay eflow for going through the M50 - KEEP YOUR RECEIPT !!

Advertisement