Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Rising III - The Nagorna-Karabakh Conflict - Spring 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

TA Events emailed a draft Order of Battle to all players at 01:17 today.

Please check that you are grouped with who you want to be, and if not, email Ian ASAP.

I think the AON boys need to check where they're grouped. I did mention that we all wanted to play as a platoon, but I don't recognise all the names there. I'm offline for the rest of the day, have at it lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

Hmmm... love the way I didn't receive that email. Can someone forward it to me please?

casper (at) airsoftireland (dot) com

Thankage

*EDIT* Actually, I think Oz has posted this on the wrong thread? Did you mean to put this on the PR3 thread? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ASI Casper wrote: »
    Hmmm... love the way I didn't receive that email. Can someone forward it to me please?

casper (at) airsoftireland (dot) com

Thankage

*EDIT* Actually, I think Oz has posted this on the wrong thread? Did you mean to put this on the PR3 thread? :D

He sure did, we should delete our posts to keep this thread clean tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Moved to correct thread :)

OzCam (Lyons) Group: 6
    diceman7 (oreilly) Group: 6
    DOC (O'Connor) Group: 6
    Kilo Delta (Douglas) Group: 6
    Dr.Pepper (Scolard) Group: 6
    TommyBoy (Keogh) Group: 6
    Gerrout (O'Connor) Group: 6
    God (Mangan) Group: 6
    Dar (O'Toole) Group: 6
    Fayer (Fay) Group: 6
    moggser (o gorman) Group: 6

Officer roles for this group really to be decided.

Medic,foward observation and CO along with Second in command and communications officer needs to be discussed.

each irish section should designate a radio man, to have his raido set between the three irish sections, to the radio officer. This way three sections can be in constant touch.

• Advertisement

Actually, I think Oz has posted this on the wrong thread? Did you mean to put this on the PR3 thread? :D

Yes I did. I slept it out and was in a hurry out the door. Also, its a well-known fact that I don't function well in the mornings. Not until after elevenses anyway, and certainly not without a proper breakfast. You're lucky I didn't post it to one of the Berget threads.

If anyone else needs a copy, PM me with your email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ghostwarrior

Section layout

RifleGroup

Alpha Team
    Mousie (O'Connor) Scout
    Machine (McLoughlin) Scout
    Spectre (Kenna) Section Commander

Bravo Team
    The Contractor (Cummins) Rifleman
    Duchy (McDonald) Rifleman / Linkman
    Doc Smith (Smith) Medic

FSG
    Eightball (Richardson) 2IC
    Helo (Ryan) Gunner
    Hawkeye (Lumsden) Assistant Gunner

This will change depending on if ther are any more bods added to our group.

I knew I saw it somewhere...
    Sunrise and sunset timings on the weekend of the 4/5 April are:
    Dawn: 0600 hrs and Sunrise: 0640 hrs
    Sunset: 1955 hrs and Dusk until: 2030 hrs

The postcode for SENTA, for those with GPS, is LD3 8RG. You can also put that postcode into WeatherUnderground for a 5-day forecast.

See Intel link for more timings and directions.

Remember, when Casper said it's "baltic" at night, he wasn't joking. Celieni Village is 370 metres up in the Brecons. Mountains are pretty, but they bite. Dress accordingly.

OzCam wrote: »
    I knew I saw it somewhere...

The postcode for SENTA, for those with GPS, is LD3 8RG. You can also put that postcode into WeatherUnderground for a 5-day forecast.

See Intel link for more timings and directions.

Remember, when Casper said it's "baltic" at night, he wasn't joking. Celieni Village is 370 metres up in the Brecons. Mountains are pretty, but they bite. Dress accordingly.

Atleast ill have a jacket this time and wont be shivering in the back of steves car :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

ive a secret devise for the cold which should keep me out of trouble

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    Atleast ill have a jacket this time and wont be shivering in the back of steves car :)

Layered Thermals FTW!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Layered Thermals FTW!!! :)

Indeed. I splashed out on proper underarmour for last time, and it's literally worth its weight in gold.

Get underarmour, and a proper pair of boot socks (you'll think you're paying out your bollox paying 20 quid for a pair of socks, but it's well worth it).

And no wearing underarmour does not let you away with not taking hits :mad:

Used to wear that stuff golfing and football, makes your arms look buff as ****, then I look down and see a ****ing monster of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

And no wearing underarmour does not let you away with not taking hits :mad:

Used to wear that stuff golfing and football, makes your arms look buff as ****, then I look down and see a ****ing monster of some sort.

Defo under armor, have new stuff on the way, its expensive but worth it, remember "Top of welsh mountain"

The likes of lifestyle sports have the full underarmour range (I got mine in blanch).

gerrowadat wrote: »
    The likes of lifestyle sports have the full underarmour range (I got mine in blanch).

how much Dave?

moggser wrote: »
    how much Dave?

Pricey enough, it was 50 for the shirt and 30 for bottoms I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

The Lowe Alpine shop in Tullamore does some seriously Gucci stuff at excellent prices. My brother got some for his his 4-day Hill walk during the really cold week in January and said it saved his life.

Moral: Don't skimp on the type you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Pricey enough, it was 50 for the shirt and 30 for bottoms I think.

Bit late now ... maybe ... but should take a weeks postage. Opsgear.com sell underarmour, and you'll pay ab0ut 50 for the thermal top and leggings combined.

any sports shop should do them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

OzCam wrote: »
    You can also put that postcode into WeatherUnderground for a 5-day forecast.

Accuweather Mountain Forecast is what you want. I've found it to be unerringly accurate. It only gives a forecast out to 3days though. Brecon Beacons / Black mountains is the area you want. Bear in mind that this forecast is assuming the highest point of those mountains, so it will be a bit warmer than stated.
    any sports shop should do them
    I wouldn't say they have the full range. Underarmour do a 'tactical' range which the sports shops never have. Olive, tan & black colours which dont' have the white underarmour logo emblazoned on it.
    Mind you, the sports line will still have black which will be fine for most people.

For those that have no clue about wicking layers of this sort, Underarmour do 'Coldgear' & 'Heatgear'. As you'd expected, coldgear stuff is for keeping you warm when it's cold, heatgear is for keeping you cool when it's hot. Don't get the two confused!
    uktactical.com do both types in the tactical colours. They should be able to get them out to ROI before you all head off.
    moggser wrote: »
    ive a secret devise for the cold which should keep me out of trouble
    You do realise they don't allow flamethrowers on site, right? :D

You do realise they don't allow flamethrowers on site, right? :D

wasn quite what i had in mind but i do now lol

AccuWeather have a nice widget you can add to your Dashboard. WeatherUnderground have .ics and RSS feeds which you can subscribe to, and you can set up multiple feeds.

Both are free and while the WU feed is based on the nearest weather station and may not be quite so accurate, it's nice to have a rolling 5-day forecast in iCal. I'd definitely use the AW Mountain Forecast when it gets down to the actual weekend.

All of the forecasters are pretty accurate, insofar as the weather for the British & Irish isles can only be reliably forecast 3 to 5 days in advance. The days of MetEireann licking a finger and holding it up in the air are long gone. They're actually pretty damn good, considering that the weather systems here are so unpredictable and don't do what they're expected to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Dr_Pepper

Our squad finally got our **** together.
    Final preperations have begun.

Dr_Pepper wrote: »
    I finally got my **** together.
    Final preperations have begun.

Just a little correction there

:P

And only a week before the event.. not bad..

:D

And only a week before the event.. not bad..

:D

Atleast we all have midcaps

>:P

PRIII

This time next week we will be in the thick of the action!

Here are some last minute reminders and pointers that will be helpful for you to know.

In particular, links to a letter for customs which can be used when entering the UK and details on how to provide your vehicle registration details which are needed if you are to bring your vehicle into the training area.

Directions

The entrance to the Sennybridge training area is approximately 4 miles west of the town of Sennybridge and is located on the A40.

I have put together the graphic below to illustrate to you the turning point off the A40 and in the training area.

senta_entrance.jpg

We will also have a road sign similar to the one below which will be located on the A40, 50 metres either side of the turning point.

<standard orange DIVERSION roadsign>

Once on the training area then simply follow the road all the way until you see the FIBUA village on your right. It will probably take you around 10 minutes to travel through the training area.

Below is the view off the village you will see when you look right approximately 1 mile before the village.

senny_village.jpg

A guide for the un-initiated

Here is an excellent guide to MilSim at Sennybridge created by Slaker from Manc-as.

http://www.ta-events.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=377

Customs

For players entering the UK to attend the event can use the link below to create a letter for customs.

Simply enter your booking reference and select the players you want to have on the letter and a letter will be created for you to print.

http://www.ta-events.co.uk/events/phoenixrising/pr3/customs

[Ozcam adds: a copy of your invitation email from TA-events and an IAA card if you have one will satisfy the Heddlu/Police under the VCRA.]

Vehicle Registration Number

As per all events at Sennybridge, we need YOUR vehicle registration plate details. So if you are bring a vehicle to the game then PLEASE use the url below to enter your VRN (vehicle registration number). If you are not driving but you know the details of the vehicle you are travelling in then use the URL below to tell us or get the vehicle driver/owner to tell us.

http://www.ta-events.co.uk/events/phoenixrising/pr3/carreg

Just to re-emphasise, this is for all vehicles that are travelling to the site and parking in the game car park for the weekend. This is a security requirement.

All VRN's must br provided by midnight of Tuesday 31st March.

Pyro Prices

Please find below the pyro prices for the event.

Unfortunately, ability to pre-ordering pyro will not be available. But pyro will be available for sale on the Saturday morning before the game starts.

Pyro prices are:

Thermobaric Grenade: ? 3.00
    Multi-Bang Grenade: ? 3.50
    Fuse Ball Grenade: ? 3.50
    Pull Fuse GM Grenade: ? 3.50
    90 second Smoke: ? 3.00
    Heavy 30 second smoke: ? 4.00

Burger Van

The burger van that was on site during PR2 will be returning for PR3 and will be located within the site car park like before.

Anyone who has not experienced the food from this caterer will be very pleased with the quality of the food and the price is very good as well.

Rule Changes

Medics

Only medics will be able to heal wounded players, both for their first hit as well as their second hit. This is to place more importance on the medic role and to eliminate the perception of cheating which sometimes arises from the medic rule.

Prisoners of war

Only commanders can be captured. By commanders we mean, section commanders, platoon commanders and company commanders.

Forward Operations Bases

Players will be able to place ammo supplies within the FOB and use it as a location to reload. However you are advised to keep most of your supplies back at the regen BECAUSE the FOB can be overrun and once it is then you will not be able to get to your supplies until you re-capture the FOB.

Drinking Water

There is NO drinking water at the FIBUA village so you MUST bring your own. The burger van will bring some water supplies but that is for emergency purposes. BRING WATER!!!

I look forward to seeing you all next week.

Regards,

Ian Wermerling
    Event Organiser

[OzCam adds: The postcode for the nearest supermarket, Morrison's, 1 Free St, Brecon is LD3 7SE]

Solid intel as always Oz, appreciate the effort. I'm sure those Ghosts ( milsim virgins) will be mroe then supplied with knowledge now

:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Just spoke to my brother about what to bring/buy food wise. He's a personal trainer. The following points should be followed:

1. Anything with whole grain i.e. oats, wheat etc. is very good. Avoid Nutrigrain, Special K, Kellogs bars in general.

2. When looking at the calorific content of food, look at the Carbohydrate content as well. It will give the total carb count and the "of which sugars" count. The "of which sugars" count should be half or lower than half of the total carbs. The lower the better i.e. low sugar = slow release of energy. For example - 50 g of KP Dry Roasted Peanuts = 286 calories, 5.5g carbs (of which sugars = 2.7g).

3. You should have a banana or two handy to replace the potassium that will be lost through exertion. This will be 1 halfway through the day and one at the end.

4. I am going to talk to a friend of mine who has a health food shop and get some more ideas from him. He has protein shakes which might be good to get. I will edit this post as I find out more.

5. If you want to go the whole hog, follow this link http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/bmr-formula.php to get your base metabolic rate and then this link http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/ and you will be able to calculate your required calorie intake. You have to be honest when filling it out. Make sure you select the correct activity level. Add about 1000 cals to the end total and aim to have at least that much with you. I know it is a little overboard but someone might find it useful.

Peace out.

Advertisement