Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who was your favourite boy band?

Options
  • 20-06-2008 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭

I found an old Another Level CD of mine, and it brought me to thinking how much I loved that band when I was younger, When I put the CD on I still knew all the words to the songs:o.

So who was your crappy boy band?

alevel.jpg

I fancied the fella on the far right:o How embarrassing!!:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

Bros *swoon" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Bros!

Bros.jpg

EDIT: Karen beat me to it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

east 17 ruled all

east17.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

A-ha. Cant think of anyone in that ^ era that I would have listened to. Cringe-worthy tbh.

Abigayle wrote: »
    A-ha. Cant think of anyone in that ^ era that I would have listened to. Cringe-worthy tbh.

no place for musical snobs here!!

down with the cheese...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,021 ✭✭✭LadyE

Take That!! Still love them!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

Morten Harkett, what a ride ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Morten Harket, what a ride ;)

I'd buy some of that for a dollah! :pac:

27b4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Brother Beyond,BigFun,A1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

A-Ha but they weren't a boyband, cos they were actually like a real band playing instruments and writing their own songs.

I still buy their albums.

• Advertisement

Thaedydal wrote: »
    A-Ha but they weren't a boyband, cos they were actually like a real band playing instruments and writing their own songs.

East 17 also wrote their own songs and well at least one of them could play instruments

when is a boy band not a boy band? wasn't the beatles a boy band?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

East 17 and shamefully (if that wasn't bad enough) OTT :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

I've their Greatest Hits!! Its brill!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Pighead was and still is a fan of A1. They released possibly the most hummable catchy pop song ever recorded and for that they shall forever hold a place in Pigheads heart.

Song was called Caught In The Middle and here it is in all it's glory. Pighead realises some people may judge Pighead for choosing such a poppy uncool song but sometimes you have to stand up for what you believe in.

Can Pighead get a hell yeah from the sisters?

Please?

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

hanson,boyzone,A1,another level:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭CrazyPolly

Boyzone and then Westlife....loyal to the Irish I am :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Larianne wrote: »
    East 17 and shamefully (if that wasn't bad enough) OTT :o

OTT.jpg
    OH My god, that is a blast from my past, I knew them cause they used to drink in the Big Tree and go to the POD. I was with Glen:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

only Boy band i was ever a real fan of were Backstreet Boys. and boy was i a fan!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Quality wrote: »
    OTT.jpg
    OH My god, that is a blast from my past, I knew them cause they used to drink in the Big Tree and go to the POD. I was with Glen:o:o

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4161/is_19960811/ai_n14453200

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭Karen_*

Morten Harkett, what a ride ;)

Oh yeah! Phwoooooooooooooar for Morten. Pal wasn't too bad either. But the other guy was a total roide. Can't remember his name though:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

OK this may make me sound awful but i was in Isreal when i was 10 years old, my dad was in the army and my self my mum and 6th went over for 3 weeks to visit him. It was an awesome trip and remember every bit of it.... but the highlight... Buying my New Kids On The Block beach towel.... I loved it!*

*i mean love it... I still have it, and will never give it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I only liked Bros a bit. Loved Jason Donovan. Didn't fancy any of them though as I was only 10 or 11.
    After that it was indie all the way. My earliest crushes were on Robert Smith of The Cure and Morrissey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭scoot on

Niamho! wrote: »
    only Boy band i was ever a real fan of were Backstreet Boys. and boy was i a fan!!

I was supposed to go to see them in Boston in 2001 when I was visiting a friend but AJ went into rehab about two days beforehand!! We were gutted.

My claim to fame when I was younger was that Boyzone came to visit Crumlin childrens hospital when I was there. I got to meet them all and brought their autographs back to school with me. Everyone was so jealous :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭Damzilla

New Kids on the Block were the only ones for me for ages. Then it was Back Street Boys.

Anyone remember a boy band from the US called EYC? Stood for Express Yourself Clearly!! I think they only ever had one hit. There were 3 of them. I remember them performing on Smash Hits one year. I was obsessed with one of them. His name was Trey. Sigh!

I just googled them and found this. http://eyc.zacharywoodlee.com/Gallery.html Oh dear lord. WHAT was I thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

Karen_* wrote: »
    Oh yeah! Phwoooooooooooooar for Morten. Pal wasn't too bad either. But the other guy was a total roide. Can't remember his name though:confused:

mags furuholmen
    go on a-ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Tbh I was never into boybands when I was younger. I recall my mother buying me a boyzone album on tape, which I gave to my little sister.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Loopy

I'd buy some of that for a dollah! :pac:

27b4.jpg

Christ, he's still got it :p:p

Same. Love them and listen to them all the time. So talented and manly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭OrangeDaisy

Was an absolutely massive Take That fan and now that they've reunited I get to relive my massive crush on Mark Owen all over again!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭A racy brainrot

Five..
    Back in the day

Advertisement