Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US/IRL] 4X11 - "Cabin Fever" [** SPOILERS WITHIN **]

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Ive read it all too, and most of the points i was going to raise were brought up...but doesnt this episode disprove the theory that most people on here were talking about? Everyone was saying that theres no time difference, rather that time messes up as you travel through the islands 'barriers'. But the men on the boat got the morris code about the dead doctor before[/] yer man slit his throat and threw him overboard. It was nothing to do with traveling to the island. This suggests that there is a time difference, which is what the average jof lost fan would expect (none of this complex physicsy stuff!). Perhaps that is the easiest solution. That there is a time difference. Still doesnt explain communications...but des talking to penney on xmas eve..we dont know if it was xmas eve where penney was; we just know its xmas time.

Anyway, im a little confused on this but i do agree, it could very well plan out that moving the island will have something to do with time. And whoever suggested it could be on to something as to that being the reason there are only 6 of the oceanic off the island.

radiation is not affected, as it has no mass, however matter is affected,
    so there is no time difference 3 o clock monday on the island is 3 o clock
    monday on the boat, but you go through the "zone" to get to the island you can end up before/after...

I think....
    kinda like Einsteins theory of relativity, radiation is not affected as it travels at light speed, but you or me would if we could move at the speed of light,

so its like a version of relativity with the c speed being very very slow....

.. But thinking about my prev post ..

When the rocket was launched they spoke live and she said rocket has reached its target ? yet it didn't arrive for another few hours , if the rocket went into the future , woman on boat wouldn't have said it's reached it's target ...

:confused:

Any physicists out there reading this ?

you could say the signal coming back then travels back in time .. but this cocks up the whole radiation is not affected theory...

And I'm surprised I'm the only one who thinks Claire in the cabin
    took a lot from the ep ...

bit of a "jump the shark" moment...

more so then "we have to move the island " ...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

jackdaw wrote: »
    And I'm surprised I'm the only one who thinks Claire in the cabin
    took a lot from the ep ...

more so then "we have to move the island " ...
    How is it a "jump the shark"? We don't even know why she was in the cabin yet. Let's wait and see. I don't think she's been "let in" on anything. Claire would never leave Aaron alone in the jungle like that. Something obviously happened to her.

There's something about this island and death. Jacob, the whispers, the apparitions, the visions, bodies disappearing, it's all connected somehow.

How is it a "jump the shark"? We don't even know why she was in the cabin yet. Let's wait and see. I don't think she's been "let in" on anything. Claire would never leave Aaron alone in the jungle like that. Something obviously happened to her.

There's something about this island and death. Jacob, the whispers, the apparitions, the visions, bodies disappearing, it's all connected somehow.

I hope so , because turning a regular character who doesn't have a clue
    whats going on into a mystical knowledgeable one isn't very believable, especially in such a short time, with John Locke maybe that would work, but not with Claire ...

I mean Christian says, this island is more important then your son, he'll be fine, the island will keep him safe untill Sawyer gets him ...

Claire : OK lets go its for the greater good ...

bolloxks .. it's out of character .. way out ..

just my opinion .. and I NEVER complain about LOST ..

I take back the "jump the shark" comment .. I'm sure its a blip...
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I mean Christian says, this island is more important then your son, he'll be fine, the island will keep him safe untill Sawyer gets him ...

Claire : OK lets go its for the greater good ...

bolloxks .. it's out of character .. way out ..
    If this turns out to be the explanation then I agree completely. But I'll be very surprised if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Grandma Locke was probably just overstating a little when she said he was twice her age. Emily was only 16 so a boyfriend even in his early-20s would seem too old for her.

Kevin Tighe who played Cooper is only 10 or 12 years older than Terry O'Quinn in real life so obviously the actors aren't playing their actual ages. Locke is meant to be quite a few years younger than O'Quinn really is.
    Its also possible cooper isnt lockes father and he just conned locke into giving him a kidney.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Niall0 wrote: »
    Its also possible cooper isnt lockes father and he just conned locke into giving him a kidney.

No i think he is because he did take a kidney off locke cause he was family related

Cooper definitely believed he was Locke's father as he told Sawyer so in The Brig. He thought he was dead and the island was hell so he had no reason to lie. Unless Emily lied to him — she did go a little coo-coo later on. But in that case Cooper got an incompatible kidney and surely the doctors would have checked that first.

Unless they were Irish. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

I had never heard that phrase until it was mentioned and explained at the start of this thread and I'm sick of it already!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

razorblunt wrote: »
    Anyone else think that the porter in the hospital with Locke, was Mr. Ecko for a second?

I did!:D

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

Maybe when they say to 'move the island' they mean changing the 'cloak' around it so that you would have to come in at a different bearing. This would effectively 'move' it to a different frequency or something? Like the island is slightly out of phase timewise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Heart attack due to a very high blood alcohol level. He was found in an alley as I recall. Mind you we never actually saw any of this. The last we saw him before his death was with Sawyer in a bar.

That's an interesting point. Did Jack ever see his father's body? Was his death just faked to get Jack to Australia and then onto that plane?
    Re: Christian/Claire, I guess we need to ask the question what is dead? If someone is dead but still walking around as Christian is, what are they? Two possibilities as I see it:

1) They are a ghost, i.e. the spirit minus a body.
    2) They are "undead", the body minus a soul.

Don't think Claire is dead. [mad theory] Given that the island seems to be able to cure health issues that existed in people before they arrived on it, is it possible that since Christian was the only person who was actually dead before he arrived, it's resurrected him? [/mad theory]
    Hyzepher wrote: »
    When Abaddon comes to visit Locke it looks like it's pretty close to the time of the crash. If he works for Widmore then how can they arrange a crash if they don't know where the island is? If they could arrange a crash why not fill the plane with mercs and get in that way?

I am sure that Abaddon doesn't work for Widmore and the scenes between himself and Naomi are without Widmores knowledge and they have a seperate agenda to him.

Even if all those people were put on that plane by some power (e.g. Widmore), is it not possible that it wasn't with the intention of crashing them? Perhaps another power intervened to crash them on the island.
    kevmy wrote: »

Anyway after it all I reckon Aaron is the final Cylon ... sh1t wrong show

That's been getting to me too a bit lately, keep seeing links between the two :)

MOH wrote: »
    That's an interesting point. Did Jack ever see his father's body? Was his death just faked to get Jack to Australia and then onto that plane?
    Yeah Jack saw the body.
    [mad theory] Given that the island seems to be able to cure health issues that existed in people before they arrived on it, is it possible that since Christian was the only person who was actually dead before he arrived, it's resurrected him? [/mad theory]
    I don't think that's crazy at all. In fact there's already been one possible incident of it on the show. In an Eko flashback in 2x21 he investigated a women named Charlotte who seemingly came back to life on the autopsy table. Eko was sceptical but she later told him that while she was "between worlds" she spoke to his brother Yemi. Her father just happened to be Richard Malkin, the psychic who put Claire on the plane. He told Eko he was a fraud and not to believe his daughter but it's quite likely he did so in order to protect her. Either way it was left up to the audience to decide.

The belief in resurrection is probably the ultimate test of faith, or at least it certainly is in Christianity. It might be right at home within the show's exploration of faith vs reason.

Remember this Jack and Locke conversation from White Rabbit:
    JACK: I'm chasing something -- someone.
    LOCKE: Ah. The white rabbit. Alice in Wonderland.
    JACK: Yeah, wonderland, because who I'm chasing -- he's not there.
    LOCKE: But you see him?
    JACK: Yes. But he's not there.
    LOCKE: And if I came to you and said the same thing, then what would your explanation be, as a doctor.
    JACK: I'd call it a hallucination. A result of dehydration, post traumatic stress, not getting more than 2 hours of sleep a night for the past week. All of the above.
    LOCKE: All right, then. You're hallucinating. But what if you're not?
    JACK: Then we're all in a lot of trouble.

SP

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

MOH wrote: »
    Don't think Claire is dead. [mad theory] Given that the island seems to be able to cure health issues that existed in people before they arrived on it, is it possible that since Christian was the only person who was actually dead before he arrived, it's resurrected him? [/mad theory]
    After the time travel ep anything's possible.

Advertisement