Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calories Burned?

Options
  • 06-11-2007 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Hi
    my gf who's 5' 6" did 50 mins on her treadmill last night (mostly walking she says, with a few efforts of jogging) and clocked up 4 miles....any idea how many calories that would be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

seaner wrote: »
    Hi
    my gf who's 5' 6" did 50 mins on her treadmill last night (mostly walking she says, with a few efforts of jogging) and clocked up 4 miles....any idea how many calories that would be?

Eeeeh....why would you want to know? :confused:

Bit odd, cuz your girlfriend would know herself as the treadmill screen would give a rough estimate. My answer would probably lie at 350...as I tend to use the treadmill every night too so thats no BS. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭seaner

she asked me and I told her to look at the reading her treadmill gave her...but apparently she doesn't 'believe' what the treadmill is saying. :)

SO i was just wondering if anyone here knew....i'm not clued in on the whole carolie burning thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,380 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It is all a guide. At best just get the figures and try and better it next time, use it as a score.

If you GF is 20stone she will burn more than a 10stone twin walking the same miles. If she swings her arms while walking it burns more- no machine will detect swinging arms, hence it is all estimates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

seaner wrote: »
    apparently she doesn't 'believe' what the treadmill is saying. :)

Women! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement