Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Girls You Are Beautiful Y/N?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Zealots come in many shapes and sizes and are converted to many types of causes.
    What is one person's dream or aspiration is not the dreams of others.

I also find that having your own dream can get you branded a zealot by those who don't appreciate it.

The simply fact is that is some faceless person on the internet wants to call me any kind of Nazi on the internet then i can either get annoyed about it or run with it and have some fun.

I go for the second option myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I didn't use the term nazi you did refered to that term in your post by mentioning Fitness Swastika.

I have no problem with a person living to thier own exacting standards but that does not mean a person should try aplly them to others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

Wow theres a lot of bitchiness going on here....

Women eh! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ah no, Scarlett has the perfect female face. She is a Goddess amongst us, worship her all!
    She really hasn't without the slap
    http://www.gazette.uwo.ca/2004/January/29/Pics/08C%20Scarlett%20Johansson.jpg
    Whereas Keira's face is naturally stunning. But Scarlett's body is just luscious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I didn't use the term nazi you did refered to that term in your post by mentioning Fitness Swastika.

And the only reason i even mentioned that was because of a post made by a previous poster about "hating Fitness Nazi's".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

Dudess wrote: »
    She really hasn't without the slap
    http://www.gazette.uwo.ca/2004/January/29/Pics/08C%20Scarlett%20Johansson.jpg
    Whereas Keira's face is naturally stunning. But Scarlett's body is just luscious.

i dunno i think she looks really 'naturally' pretty in that pic.
    i wouldn't complain i looked better with the slap if i had a face like that. sure who doesn't look better with slap/airbrushing? (once its done well...)

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/02_03/1KKnightleyBIG_468x428.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Dragan wrote: »
    And the only reason i even mentioned that was because of a post made by a previous poster about "hating Fitness Nazi's".

Well they loose : Godwons law.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Anti wrote: »
    Am i the only one thinking this thread has gone completly off topic ?

No.
    The pedantry and hypocricy is amazing.

You have all these women bitching and moaning about how we shouldn't judge them on their weight, then they go and post in another thread about how they love big tall men.
    I've emphasised "tall" because there is absolutely nothing a person can do about their height.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I am a size 10/8 person. Everybody to their own...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

...would that be the fat chicks then?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Uh, nope. Anything 8 or under is usually just bones. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

Since I posted in the other thread about how I like fit men, I'll post in this thread to say that I don't find fat women attractive either. I was a gymnast growing up, and I go to the gym 4-5 times a week and have physical therapy twice a week. I have a genetic disorder and my cartilidge doesn't function properly so my joints are very weak and loose. There are certain exercises that I can't do as a result, but I don't let that stop me. Obviously with weak joints, one of the worst things I could do to myself is become overweight.
    I know and accept that if I was overweight, I would be less attractive to men in the same way that men who are overweight are unattractive to me. It's harsh and perhaps unfair, but that's the way of it. It's unfair that I was born with fcuked up joints, but the best I can do is deal with it. If there's a bright side, it's made me aware of how important it is to stay fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Seraphina wrote: »

they are perfectly entitled to be smug if you ask me. you would be too if you lost a couple of stone and dropped many many many inches from hours of hard work.

You my dear are very, very silly.

You assume that Thad wants to lose weight (I think you addressed it to Thad anyway). As Thad has already said, not everybody's aim in their life is to lose many inches from their waist. If that's your priority and you can achieve it, good for you. It's not the most important thing to other people, and it's pretty shallow to think that others need to lose 'inches from their waist' so they can be smug.

Granted, many, many women make excuses, feeble excuses in many cases, not to lose weight, don't get me wrong, I accept that 100%. Your zeal is going to do nothing but damage your health (which you apparently are so concerned about) and cause you to offend other people in a very malicious way. Unless this is what you want......

To be fair, you claim the vast majority of posters were moaning about being fat and making up excuses for not losing weight. From what I've seen, mainly, people were demonstrating how it's not possible to change their shape because of bone structure (refer to the human skeleton if you don't get this) and defending people with medical conditions who aren't able to lose weight as a result (or it's very difficult for them as you have been claiming, but lets leave that for another debate.) Then when those people were saying that they're happy with their shape and don't feel they need to lose weight, you say they're lying. Of course you're right. If people don't make weight loss a priority in their life then it's because they're lazy, no way is it because they're content with themselves as they are or because they've more important things in their lives.

(Again, you're right that some women do make excuses and claim to be trying to make many efforts to lose weight to no avail. Not every woman though. Not everyone who doesn't share the same attitude to weight and fitness as you is depressed and obese.)

If any of those barbed comments were directed at me, I'll be honest with you, I'm not happy with my body. But I don't want to lose weight, I want to change my body. I'd like bigger boobs and more curves and a slightly more flat stomach. Considering that surgery wouldn't be an option for me, and because I don't want to make my chest more flat by losing weight, I'm happy to remain as I am. I intend on getting physically fitter this midterm by going for runs, but that's all really.

I've more important things in my life than losing weight; singing, doing a good leaving cert, going out with friends, reading are all far more important to me.

And I do eat healthy, before you can accuse me of that, very healthy in fact (although I must admit, I'm a villain for chocolate. I shall conquer that mountain someday!)

If losing weight is your priority, fine. Don't expect and abuse others for not being the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

N *barf*

You my dear are very, very silly.

You assume that Thad wants to lose weight (I think you addressed it to Thad anyway). As Thad has already said, not everybody's aim in their life is to lose many inches from their waist. If that's your priority and you can achieve it, good for you. It's not the most important thing to other people, and it's pretty shallow to think that others need to lose 'inches from their waist' so they can be smug.

Granted, many, many women make excuses, feeble excuses in many cases, not to lose weight, don't get me wrong, I accept that 100%. Your zeal is going to do nothing but damage your health (which you apparently are so concerned about) and cause you to offend other people in a very malicious way. Unless this is what you want......

To be fair, you claim the vast majority of posters were moaning about being fat and making up excuses for not losing weight. From what I've seen, mainly, people were demonstrating how it's not possible to change their shape because of bone structure (refer to the human skeleton if you don't get this) and defending people with medical conditions who aren't able to lose weight as a result (or it's very difficult for them as you have been claiming, but lets leave that for another debate.) Then when those people were saying that they're happy with their shape and don't feel they need to lose weight, you say they're lying. Of course you're right. If people don't make weight loss a priority in their life then it's because they're lazy, no way is it because they're content with themselves as they are or because they've more important things in their lives.

(Again, you're right that some women do make excuses and claim to be trying to make many efforts to lose weight to no avail. Not every woman though. Not everyone who doesn't share the same attitude to weight and fitness as you is depressed and obese.)

If any of those barbed comments were directed at me, I'll be honest with you, I'm not happy with my body. But I don't want to lose weight, I want to change my body. I'd like bigger boobs and more curves and a slightly more flat stomach. Considering that surgery wouldn't be an option for me, and because I don't want to make my chest more flat by losing weight, I'm happy to remain as I am. I intend on getting physically fitter this midterm by going for runs, but that's all really.

I've more important things in my life than losing weight; singing, doing a good leaving cert, going out with friends, reading are all far more important to me.

And I do eat healthy, before you can accuse me of that, very healthy in fact (although I must admit, I'm a villain for chocolate. I shall conquer that mountain someday!)

If losing weight is your priority, fine. Don't expect and abuse others for not being the same.

loosing weight is not my only priority in life at all, and the comments were not directed at Thaed in particular, my post just happened to come shortly after hers.

the fact is, if you look back, alot of the women on the thread have admitted to being bigger than they'd like/trying to loose weight and not succeeding. but i'm not referring specifically to this thread, i'm referring to women in general from what i've gathered from ALOT of the female posters on boards, between various threads on Fitness, Diet and Nutrition, and Fashion and Appearance. i'm also referring to the general population of women, many of whom are overweight.

none of my posts were directed at anyone here in particular, it was a general opinion from what i've seen of years of women i know (friends of mine included, whom i've often given advice to, who starve themselves, claim their eating 'healthily' and eat properly all day only to scoff down a huuuge plate of pasta right before bed (i watched in disbelief as a good friend of mine did this before)

i'm well aware of what the human skeleton is, did you completely miss my post where i said i used to think my bones were stopping me from losing more weight/getting smaller around certain areas. i was kidding myself. i'm aware there's loads of women out there with much bigger frames then me. a big frame will not make you look chubby/overweight, it'll just make you taller/wider.

and i never said people who said they were happy with their weight were lying. that bull****, if you're happy with your weight, thats cool. what bugs me is women who complain and blame non-existant external factors.

i'm by no means a fitness nazi myself, hell i haven't been to the gym in weeks and i love my cake as much as the next woman. but i dont blame the pill or being 'too busy' to get to the gym or whatever when i get fat again. i'm aware its my fault and i do something about it.

That's fine by me. I know where you stand now.

From what I've seen, mainly, people were demonstrating how it's not possible to change their shape because of bone structure (refer to the human skeleton if you don't get this)

oh and yeah it is... well to a certain extend anyway.
    got wide hips and naturally pear shaped? get thee to the gym and start lifting some weights. building muscle around the arms/shoulders/upper back/chest will not only lose those bingo wings, it'll firm up the area around your breasts, make them more pert, and it will even out wide hips and give a more natural 'hourglass' shape, making the waist appear smaller and giving that nice 'v' taper to your body.

the problem is most women run screaming when people suggest they do weights. they somehow think they'll turn into arnie overnight.
    ignorance to the most effective way to get the shape they want is most womens problem.

Seraphina wrote: »
    it'll firm up the area around your breasts, make them more pert,
    Now, now. If anything is going to firm up her breasts it will be me.

Yeah who needs weights when you can have some Tar instead? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭echter

us fat women have a big healthy smell of us, nice big wedge i am

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

g'em wrote: »
    I'll swap my flat tummy for your slim legs for a while???
    *Page* wrote: »
    I'd swap my pre pregnacy belly for my post pregnacy belly...

Would you swap 2 of your old detergents for a box of Daz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Or take two bottles into the shower when you can just Wash and Go?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

curvy women are beautiful, but no muffintops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭alienhead

what a loaded question..........

size 8 - 10 for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

theres a limit to everything i suppose?! waaaay too much pressure on women tbh.!:(

theres a limit to everything i suppose?! waaaay too much pressure on women tbh.!:(

hey hey hey, there is pressure on us too! Dont start missy :) !

Oh i will!! but in all seriousness.. ladies are more inclined to like a man who they can hold onto and cuddle as opposed to one that wears a jean size smaller than she does!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I suppose everyone has their own feelings on the subject. Some men love big women, others like curvy women and some like skinny women. All are beautiful in their own way and I think its unfair for anyone to say someone isn't beautiful simply because they aren't your type. I often find that what men mean by fat is far bigger than what I would call fat so I suppose I fall into the curvy type.

When it comes to my own tastes though I have to admit I would opt for a skinny bloke over an obese one. I don't mind a couple of extra stone but anything over that and I find it a big turn off. Thats not to say that I can't look at a chubby man and say he is really quite handsome.

And I do agree with a previous poster about people blaming everything but themselves that they are overweight. I gained a good bit of weight a couple of years, its almost all gone now but I really couldn't shift it till I realised that it was there because I simply ate too much and did feck all exercise.

Lux23 wrote: »
    I suppose everyone has their own feelings on the subject. Some men love big women, others like curvy women and some like skinny women. All are beautiful in their own way and I think its unfair for anyone to say someone isn't beautiful simply because they aren't your type. I often find that what men mean by fat is far bigger than what I would call fat so I suppose I fall into the curvy type.

When it comes to my own tastes though I have to admit I would opt for a skinny bloke over an obese one. I don't mind a couple of extra stone but anything over that and I find it a big turn off. Thats not to say that I can't look at a chubby man and say he is really quite handsome.

Great post!! thats exactly my thoughts 100% only i was too lazy to type it all out!! :D thanks for doing so!! :D

• Advertisement

Oh i will!! but in all seriousness.. ladies are more inclined to like a man who they can hold onto and cuddle as opposed to one that wears a jean size smaller than she does!! :D

These days we have to make the first move! Beat that!? We are the ones under pressure going out to make the first move while you's just prance around!

Advertisement