Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell - 2 months delivery?

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

New Dell offers out today. I cancelled my order and reordered.

I got the same vostro 1400 but with

160 gb hd instead of 120gb
    1400x900 screen not 1280x800
    9cell+6cell instead of just 9cell
    Intel wifi card not a dell wifi card (linux compatability+centrino sticker :p)

All for €6 cheaper than what i would have been payin if i had went with my old price minus the €30 that they offered me for the delay.

Oh and the new EDD is 24th sept not 28th sept like the old one.

Happy days :D untill they postpone the new one :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Aido c

Saruman wrote:
    Hey i just checked my order status! Says it was despatched today! Happy days :D
    I only ordered it 4 days ago.

I have no doubt that a big company like that would eventually sort out their supply chain and anybody ordering now is in good shape, its just the people who ordered right around the time of the swich around that got shafted, but thats fine, thats the way companies work now, we were the guiny pigs who helped stream line the new supply chain, we are not people, just customer numbers and order numbers and thanks for that but as long as the business systems are fine now thats what's important.

Well people have choice, and my choice is that was the fourth and last Dell I ordered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭BrotherTotz

Yea you r right Aido..

So then what does it look like now, that these supply issues will be sorted and they will be sending most of these laptops for October/End Sept?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

jmccrohan wrote:
    New Dell offers out today. I cancelled my order and reordered.
    (
    I just checked the new offers. The one i ordered is the same price. The second vostro 1000 with the athlon X2 and 9 cell battery. €506 incl vat and delivery.

Its funny, when i ordered 4 days ago, it was cheaper than the lower specced sempron. Now the sempron version is €299 ex vat and delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 declanfl

I know how you are fealing I placed my order on the 15-07-08 and the latest delivery date is now the 10-08-07. If I had known they would be this mych hassel I would have gone some where ealse. Customer servises are of no help at all. They only tell you what you can see online.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

declanfl wrote:
    I know how you are fealing I placed my order on the 15-07-08 and the latest delivery date is now the 10-08-07. If I had known they would be this mych hassel I would have gone some where ealse. Customer servises are of no help at all. They only tell you what you can see online.:mad:

Quit spamming Boards.ie with your story. Once is enough. By the looks of it, you have signed up purely to bad-mouth Dell.

That will not be tolerated around here, simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Seems I must have been very lucky, I ordered my vostro on the 22nd of August. They told me it would be delivered by the 12th of September. Yet I just got it yesterday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

jmccrohan wrote:
    conveniently they don't have direct lines :rolleyes:
    I never got this. Why customers think that they can get a special line (that they can post on the net) to one guy. Are you a business customer paying for support from that one guy? No? Didn't think so.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

the_syco wrote:
    I never got this. Why customers think that they can get a special line (that they can post on the net) to one guy. Are you a business customer paying for support from that one guy? No? Didn't think so.

Where did posting it on the internet come into this??? I wanted a direct line cause im sick of being told "yes sir ill shall ring you back tomorrow" etc and NOTHING happens. And when you do ring back to get them, they are "out of the office at the moment".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,413 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

jmccrohan wrote:
    Where did posting it on the internet come into this??? I wanted a direct line cause im sick of being told "yes sir ill shall ring you back tomorrow" etc and NOTHING happens. And when you do ring back to get them, they are "out of the office at the moment".

I had that problem with work... We have a "dedicated account manager" for us, we had his direct line and everything... When we had a problem with the delivery times, i was ringing this dedicated number for over a week, no answer, no return calls etc.

Eventuallt when it got to a point where we needed to know stuff, i rang the regular 1550 number (or whatever it is) I got onto a lovely woman who dealt with everything nice and quick....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

Are Dell still slow churning out the laptops, I'm hoping to get a basic laptop with a flashy colored cover as a pressy for Christmas, 3 weeks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I just order from the outlet. If you are careful its cheaper and the machines arrives with 5-7 days.

I never knew the outlet existed, www.dell.ie/outlet by the way. Some higher spec stuff there than I require but I've just had a glance, I'll have a better look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

I just ordered a Dell laptop 3 weeks ago - got it delivered in less than 2 weeks. Originally I was ordering one where it said it would take over 6 weeks for delivery but it told me what PC's would take less time so I ordered one of them and got it before the date given on the order which was 2 weeks !

Good for you, I'll have to give them a call but I'd imagine they won't promise anything, I'll need this as a Christmas present, busy time of year for those gys I'd say, I'd also like to get one with the colored cases that won't help things either.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Ring them or email them and ask them if the coloured case will affect delivery time. I can't imagine it will but best to be on the safe side.

Apart from that dell seem to have brought their delivery times down considerably. If you get the order in soon, I'd say you'll have no problems getting it in time for christmas.

The Dell rep has guaranteed delivery before christmas if I order now, anyone?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Anyone, what?

I'm a bit scheptical is all, I'm wondering what happens if it doesn't arrive by Christmas eve, there's only one way to find out.

Considering deliveries are taking about a week, I'd say you will get it in time for christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The Dell rep has guaranteed delivery before christmas if I order now, anyone?

How critical is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭cazzy

Good for you, I'll have to give them a call but I'd imagine they won't promise anything, I'll need this as a Christmas present, busy time of year for those gys I'd say, I'd also like to get one with the colored cases that won't help things either.

I got a pink one. I got the inspiron 1521 - you'll get it in 2 weeks and theres 140 off it when I got it !

It's critical, it's a christmas present, no order could be more critical:eek:

Pink, yeah the colors are pretty cool, the yellow is a cracker.

Advertisement