Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Photography Forum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I would say it's all under control and it's being sorted out.. .but it's currently not. FREAK OUT!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

FFS this is one of my addiction forums, going cold turkey now........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

gandalf wrote:
    FFS this is one of my addiction forums, going cold turkey now........

Just shows how quickly addiction sets in. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

So cold...so cold.

What else am I supposed to do in college?

Please note; I'll collect the left index finger (kill bill style) of anyone that's found to be moving over to the dark side.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

aghhh the lack of photo talk is killing me. ok ok we can get through this this might help

* Aberration: The inability of a lens to form a perfect, sharp image.
    * Achromat: A lens that is able to bring two primary colors of the spectrum to the same point of focus.
    * Acid fixer: A chemical used to neutralize alkali. It is used in the final stage of processing to stop the action of alkaline bath.
    * Additive color process: A method of producing color images by mixing the three primary colors, red, blue, and green. When mixed in different combinations, these colors can produce any other color.
    * Aerial perspective: The feeling of depth created by haze. Distant objects are recorded with lighter zones and colors distorted toward blue.
    * Agitation: The method used to keep chemicals in contact with photographic materials during processing.
    * Air bells: Bubbles formed on the emulsion surface during processing. They can prevent chemical action.
    * Airbrushing: Retouching of prints by dyes or pigments sprayed on with high-pressure air.
    * Anamorphic lens: A lens which is capable of producing images with wider angle of view in one dimension than the other. Distortion occurs in the image, but the lens can be used to project the image in its correct proportions.
    * Angle of view: The widest angle which a lens can accept light and give an image on the film.
    * Aperture: Area of lens through which light enters the camera. It is controlled by the diaphragm. Aperture size is calibrated in f-numbers. The larger the number, the smaller the lens opening.
    * ASA film speed: The speed of a film expressed in arithmetic values determined by American Standard Association.
    * Aspherical: A surface which is curved and is not spherical. Some lenses are made with such surfaces to correct aberration.
    * Astigmatism: Lens aberration causing vertical and horizontal lines to focus in different focal planes.

now i shall repeat this once every hour til its back up, screw goin cold turkey, lets just take over feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

oooh I was going to blog some more about "style" but I could just do it here instead... ;)

Why is it just photography that's down? What's going on? Aaaargh this is my lunch hour you know!

breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth people... relax... be calm..

Goosfraba

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Ahhh... there you all are.. calm blue ocean calm blue ocean...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

sineadw wrote:
    Ahhh... there you all are.. calm blue ocean calm blue ocean...

enough with your mental imagery, i was real shots...and c&c

• Advertisement

I think it's time for a group conference on msn... the seperation anxiety must end post haste!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Is the photography forum the only one effected (like its members)? I'm damned if I'm going to go through the whole shabang to find out.

Time for a sub forum here. If not then work to rule, then two hour stoppages then three hours and then a ban on overtime. I'm serious! ;)

there are a couple more in trouble... but none as important as photography :D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ok, well... thats weird.

I'll ask about...

DeV.
    ps: be calm photofreaks, I feel your pain! :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

The Darkroom works fine.
    Now lets get started on 440Hz's pimping thread!

yeah photo challenge is working fine too, just the main forum itself is in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Boards blew up a while ago but now that its back so is photography :)

Thanks Regi! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I didn't fix it this time, ecksor did!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Similiar problem here.

Other threads on this forum seem ok. Boards is throwing up the standard "There seems to have been a problem with the boards database" thingy.

Database issue?

Edit to clarify: Its the "PPL and size of aircraft" thread on A & A.

• Advertisement

Ah.

Thanks Ecksor!

Ah.

Thanks Ecksor!

Advertisement