Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport

Options
  • 24-12-2005 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭

Check out the 3rd last flight........

Arrivals :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Hmmm aren't they the funny ones. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

V Good

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

hehe, aw that actually amused me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

WDK wrote:
    Hmmm aren't they the funny ones. :)
    Awh, WDK, you need a few WKD's into ya to get that wonderful xmas spirit going :)

Snow is fallin, all around me, merry xmas, everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,026 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

:) Excellent stuff

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

cool!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

they do that every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Roffles :d

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

I would really love to see that up on the huge new information board they have in Dublin airport...:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

RuggieBear wrote:
    I would really love to see that up on the huge new information board they have in Dublin airport...:D

They do have it on the TVs in the arrival's lounge.

Also the new information board is in departure's so the kids would be freaked out if they seen it there.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Saw it last year flying over to England

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭dowlingm

It's disappeared by now (into the 25th) presume St Nicholas Airlines? Speed-deer 001?

dowlingm wrote:
    It's disappeared by now (into the 25th) presume St Nicholas Airlines? Speed-deer 001?
    It was unknown for the airline with a flight designation of santa1 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭jlang

Reports from around the country would indicate that the flight from the North Pole arrived on time and with all freight intact. (some batteries missed the departure time, but will follow ASAP)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

jlang wrote:
    Reports from around the country would indicate that the flight from the North Pole arrived on time and with all freight intact. (some batteries missed the departure time, but will follow ASAP)
    Roffle!:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I heard santy flew aer lingus and arrived half an hour late!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I heard he used Ryanair and he was fined €millions for excess baggage! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Bond-007 wrote:

Actually there was a poor old dear checking in beside me on a Ryanair Liverpool flight last Wednesday, who got stung for 200 euro in excess bagage charges:eek: :(

faceman wrote:
    I heard santy flew aer lingus and arrived half an hour late!
    Well I arived into DUB with AL on Monday and was trapped on the damn plane for ages cos the Auxilliary Power Unit in the tailplane was OOO. The captain said the doors couldn't be opened because we'd have to shut down engine #1 in order to do that (safety reasons obviously!) but in order to keep on board lighting alive we had to keep engine #1 running! In the end we were waiting so long for a Ground Power Unit that the captain just turned the engine off and we exited in semi-darkness. Welcome to Ireland eh! :D

murphaph wrote:
    Well I arived into DUB with AL on Monday and was trapped on the damn plane for ages cos the Auxilliary Power Unit in the tailplane was OOO.

I gave up flying aer lingus about a year ago. I fly other airlines where possible. Im a fan of ryanair now and i also think BA are best in the world. (not as pricey as u think)

Aer lingus are constantly late at weekends, either dont answer complaints or give crap responses. Plus the cabin crew think the airplane aisle is a catwalk.

• Advertisement

faceman wrote:
    I gave up flying aer lingus about a year ago. I fly other airlines where possible. Im a fan of ryanair now and i also think BA are best in the world. (not as pricey as u think)

Aer lingus are constantly late at weekends, either dont answer complaints or give crap responses. Plus the cabin crew think the airplane aisle is a catwalk.
    I think the cabin crew have lost their 'up theirown arses' attitude tbh. They now have a few foreign staff as well, like most airlines, especially Ryanair and that has helped eliminate that awful attitude some AerLingus cabin crew had (though I always thought the male staff members :eek: were sound on AL). I too am a fairly big fan of Ryanair, having never been let down by them in any serious way (never more than a few minutes late). AL have been good to me too though, this was the worst thing that has ever happened when flying with them (apart from a 12 hour wait in Logan International one time but that was an ATC strike).

Anyway, santa clearly chartered Monarch or something :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Bond-007 wrote:

Not only that but apparently he booked flight to deliver present to certain kids but when he left the airport he discovered he wasn't even in the right country! Go figure.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭Thomond Pk

faceman wrote:
    i also think BA are best in the world. (not as pricey as u think)

Heathrow is about the only major airport I can think of that makes DUB look favourable, BA also have one of the lowest standard legroom allocations of any of the longhaul carriers. If BA are cheap it is for a reason like AA they pack em high and sell em cheap.

KLM via Amsterdam on EI is recommended as the first flight out leaves early enough to avoid the security backlogue farce that is Dublin; which incidently has easily assembled the most ignorant and overblown security checks I have encountered yet. It makes late 2001 America look heavy handed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭Thomond Pk

I forgot to say that in the US they have the decency to say 'were sorry Sir' in DUB you get 'Is that alright Bud?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

faceman wrote:

not my experiance flying out from Cork......very good service I find

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Thomond Pk wrote:
    the security backlogue farce that is Dublin

My experience over the last few months is that the backlog is gone. Haven't queued for more than a minute or 2 on any recent flight.

Sarsfield wrote:
    My experience over the last few months is that the backlog is gone. Haven't queued for more than a minute or 2 on any recent flight.
    Same here, maybe a 3 min delay max on any flight this year, all at different times of the day/week. I'm more than happy for a 3 min delay to properly screen would be passengers for contraband. The germans have been making you take your shoes off for years. I think when they originally got the blame for letting the bomb on flight 108 they got seriously tough on airport security. Of course it was later established that it wasn't the germans' 'fault' afterall!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

On the question of Dublin Airport. It is a national disgrace and a source of much embarrasment. Of course the terminal capacity is the major issue at the moment but we have to wait three years for that to be addressed and even then, the following year it will be at capacity again! Typical Irish attitude :whats the least we can get away with:mad: So many problems, the internal road network is awful, Dublin bus monopolises transport (guess who will be the first to object to a metro!):mad: Leading on from that of course is we have no rail link, the only capital in the world probrably without a rail link to its airport. Also the attitude of DB drivers at the airport is disgraceful and does not portray the image to visitors we would like. For example, I took the 16A to the airport a couple of months back when the privitisation of DB was on the agenda (which I support btw) and the Bus driver was listening to the radio. Once the news came on he said in a loud, ignorant voice in front of tourists: that f***er wants to privitise us!!!! I was so embarrased:mad: The attitude of some Airport Authority workers needs addressing as when ever im going through the airport they seem to be doin f*** all to help anyone. There are so many issues I couldnt list them all.

P.S What is with the f***ing pig at the entrance! It looks so stupid, could they not have thought of anything better than a pig with wings on wheels!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,026 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

darkman2 wrote:

P.S What is with the f***ing pig at the entrance! It looks so stupid, could they not have thought of anything better than a pig with wings on wheels!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

That symbol is very apt for the airport rail link and other improvements at DA - they will happen when pigs fly

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-pig1.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

darkman2 wrote:
    On the question of Dublin Airport. It is a national disgrace and a source of much embarrasment. Of course the terminal capacity is the major issue at the moment but we have to wait three years for that to be addressed and even then, the following year it will be at capacity again! Typical Irish attitude :whats the least we can get away with:mad: So many problems, the internal road network is awful, Dublin bus monopolises transport (guess who will be the first to object to a metro!):mad: Leading on from that of course is we have no rail link, the only capital in the world probrably without a rail link to its airport. Also the attitude of DB drivers at the airport is disgraceful and does not portray the image to visitors we would like. For example, I took the 16A to the airport a couple of months back when the privitisation of DB was on the agenda (which I support btw) and the Bus driver was listening to the radio. Once the news came on he said in a loud, ignorant voice in front of tourists: that f***er wants to privitise us!!!! I was so embarrased:mad: The attitude of some Airport Authority workers needs addressing as when ever im going through the airport they seem to be doin f*** all to help anyone. There are so many issues I couldnt list them all.

The pig at the entrance to the short term car-park is a charity collection point. AFAIK 'Muc' being the Irish word for pig - "muck in for charity". Like all good advertising it caught your attention - that's why it's there.

You're obviously not very familiar with transport at Dublin Airport. Aircoach, Bus Eireann, Ulsterbus, Citylink, Bus Nestor, Rapid Express and Pro Bus all provide bus services from there

Advertisement