Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What products prey on stupid people?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Vegan cheese. I'm not calling vegans stupid but who buys like 5 slices of some really cheap processed stuff for horrendous money?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

LirW wrote: »
    Vegan cheese. I'm not calling vegans stupid but who buys like 5 slices of some really cheap processed stuff for horrendous money?

Vegans apparently. Have you ever eaten some? Manky stuff

The paleo diet is pretty damn stupid though, in the same vein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

....... wrote: »

If your TV has a Saorview tuner built in you need to spend about 40 bucks on a Saorview Ariel. If your TV has no built in Saorview tuner you need both a Saorview box Approx 100 bucks as well as the Ariel.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

The vast majority of houses already had an aerial in the attic or on the roof from receiving analog rte and this is just reused for saorview.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,585 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

If your TV has a Saorview tuner built in you need to spend about 40 bucks on a Saorview Ariel. If your TV has no built in Saorview tuner you need both a Saorview box Approx 100 bucks as well as the Ariel.

I bought a TV with Saorview tuner, just plugged it into the normal ariel in the wall, got the channels.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fuzzytrooper

Lion bars
    I'll get my coat

You will see an awful lot of houses have something like in the link below on their roof or in the attic. This is connect to a socket behind the tv and gives the saorview signal to the tv and previously gave the old analog signal to the tv.

http://www.sciteq.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/p-2043-222016.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

You Prob would pick them up on the old RTE2 Ariel alright if you had one. Some just get a set of rabbit ears and it works fine but that depends on the signal in your area.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Records aimed at teenagers. They don't have to sound good because they'll most likely never be played. Just make sure there's a sticker on the cover saying 'specially pressed limited edition pink marble effect vinyl' or something. The record company could put a load of mp3s or copy a CD onto a record and they'll never know. Or if they do play them they'll think that's how records are meant to sound and say how much they love the sweet retro sound of their old school Katy Perry vinyls.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Farmers markets especially that one in temple bar , overpriced fakeness , we have loads of olive tree farmers here and grow lots of organic mangoes .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

I disagree with that - Bushmills 10 and many other versions of "holy water" is well worth the money. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

Psychiatric medication. Take a pill for that profound lack of meaning and direction in your life and you'll be dancing around the place in four weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Netflix

Thread is now "stuff I don't like"

Gotta throw myself in some crossfire here: Protein powder.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Protein powder is soooo handy when I cba cooking though. Bam, there's a meal in protein

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Hair colour for men

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

X factor

Flat tummy tea

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 142 ✭✭RedTie

Valmont wrote: »
    Psychiatric medication. Take a pill for that profound lack of meaning and direction in your life and you'll be dancing around the place in four weeks.

Are you honestly saying all SSRIs are for stupid people?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭jackboy

Homeopathy has already rightfully been battered to death here. Add acupuncture to that. Paying someone to stick needles in your body. Utterly moronic.

most running shoes, overpriced gimmickry , a basic running shoe is fine , the only way you'll get faster is through appropriate training , not the shoe.

99% of the products for snoring , nearly all of it can be solved by losing weight .

rollerblades for men , in Ireland, Just don't do it lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Stovepipe hats.

e580469b85c064741bde5a1107f0150a.image.174x300.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Oops69 wrote: »
    99% of the products for snoring , nearly all of it can be solved by losing weight .
    Not quite. While being fat is a major factor in snoring and sleep apnea, it also affects quite the proportion of normal sized even skinny people. My own late father could have confused ships at sea with his snoring foghorn and he was skinny. More meat on a butcher's pencil skinny.
    RedTie wrote: »
    Are you honestly saying all SSRIs are for stupid people?
    I certainly wouldn't, I would say and IMHO of course that they are massively overprescribed, mostly by GP's often after the briefest of consultations. I have seen this time and time again with friends and family over the last decade. I see strong parallels between how antibiotics were doled out like Smarties in the past, again by doctors and where they weren't required. Time was every sniffle got you a script for one. We know better now(mostly), but I can see a similar trajectory for SSRI and their kind.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

annascott wrote: »
    McDonalds. Pay over the odds for cheap processed and in most cases, harmful food.
    Five star marketing.

I wouldn't call a euro a hamburger over the odds

Advertisement