Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Daily bets, Banter & Accumulators thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Can any one give me the result of Jong Nec/ Fc Oss- Jong Pec Zwolle,1:30 kick off. Tried every website
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Can any one give me the result of Jong Nec/ Fc Oss- Jong Pec Zwolle,1:30 kick off. Tried every website
    Thanks

4-0 to nec according to pp results service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

ceddc3fa8a3b0c4387b19641c6d401eb.png

inforfun wrote: »
    Without knowing too much about Portugal U21, after seeing the Dutch U21 squad i am taking that @ 2.3 for the Portugeezers to win.
    Not a bad squad the Dutch but Portugal are arguably the best u21 side in Europe at the moment.
    Not lost a competitive match since 2011, 25 matches and counting. Friendlies record isnt too great though and that is what it is today.

But there is also this little thing that Dutch teams, club or national just cant win against Portugal.

1-1
    Stats pointed to a much stronger Portugal but... friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I've done a trixie tonight of Germany, a draw in England vs Spain & Uruguay +0.0ah. The treble is @19.8ish on 888.

2 late Spain goals means my hopes are pinned on Uruguay now. I should have done an in-play bet on at least a Spain goal...:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,508 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Surely youve something on chile sw to cover??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

What would be the point? If Uruguay draw, I would make a small loss as it stands. Betting on Chile s/w would just make the loss bigger if the match ends in a draw.

Apologies...i read treble, not trixie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

My pal.

Northern Ireland – Azerbaijan
    Referee: Clément Turpin (FRA)

Clattenburg was the referee, didn't book anyone, he's very lenient in the last 2 seasons.

Yeah, i think i ****ed up brilliantly there.
    It was Northern Ireland Croatia last night, friendly. Never going to be lots of cards.
    I posted last weeks WCqualifiers.
    Sorry about that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/ballon-dor/player-of-the-year

Is Ronaldo the cert for this that the bookies have him priced at?

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/ballon-dor/player-of-the-year

Is Ronaldo the cert for this that the bookies have him priced at?

Afraid so.
    Eventhough he played pretty mediocre in the CL final and played only 25 minutes in the the euro's final, he did get 2 winners medals

• Registered Users Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

When is the window closed and voting start for the FIFA world player of the year award?

60ba16566597c7531160c32c439a3837.png

Its november, arsenal away to their bogey team man u, and wenger has not beaten mourinho in 11 attempts. Mourinho to try amd preserve that last record rather than play football

Under 2.5 @1.8
    Under 1.5 @3.4
    Draw @3.4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

retalivity wrote: »
    Its november, arsenal away to their bogey team man u, and wenger has not beaten mourinho in 11 attempts. Mourinho to try amd preserve that last record rather than play football

Under 2.5 @1.8
    Under 1.5 @3.4
    Draw @3.4

Mourinho v top of de table sides, have to bet the draw normally. Add to that the need to not lose makes the price on the draw in this game a great bet imo. The only nagging doubt, are Arsenal too good for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭Dio On The Doubles

Just found out that tomorrow sees the last Madrid derby at Atletico's Vicente Calderón. Surely some of the usual cards, early goal markets etc are worth a look considering. Not had a look at any odds yet but might even try out an Atletico win.

http://www.eurosport.com/football/liga/2015-2016/final-madrid-derby_sto5952173/story.shtml

Their new Olympic stadium looks pretty impressive and hides the running track too thankfully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbUOcCXPoLo

The bets I've already taken this weekend are

Southampton v Liverpool over 2.5 goals @1.81 on betfair exchange. I fancy another goal happy encounter between them.

Man Utd v Arsenal - Ander Herrera to be booked @3.00 on 888sport.

He's getting loads of cards lately, also looking at the H2H he has been booked in his last three games against Arsenal. Best price prior to 888 prices going up was sky @2.2. The 888 price was @3.20 yesterday so may drop some more getting closer to the game. 888 will refund if he doesn't start too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Division

If Liverpool carry their form from before the international break into the game against Southampton there is value in the current price of 2.25.

Southampton kept 3 clean sheets in the league but if you look two were against teams that at that time were woefully out of form and hit with a lot of injuries.

Liverpool are on a great run of winning while conceding - Liverpool win & both teams to score at 4.33 (Bet365) is tempting.

If you think that Southampton could score (4 from 5 home games this season) then it would be better to bet on Liverpool to score 2 or more goals at 2.1 (Coral) or both teams to score at a very tasty 1.7 (Bet365).

*Liverpool have won 7 of their last 8 matches (Premier League).

*Liverpool have been winning at both half time and full time in 6 of their last 8 matches (Premier League).

*There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Liverpool's last 8 games (Premier League).

*Liverpool have scored at least 2 goals in 7 of their last 8 matches (Premier League).

*Liverpool have scored at least 2 goals in their last 4 away matches against Southampton in all competitions.

Pool are missing lallana who has been critical this season and coutinho will prob start on the bench after being away in brazil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Papav3r

Just looking at tonight's games.

Brighton 17/20 Home against Villa
    Lyon 6/4 - Away to Lille - inside relegation zone
    RB Leipzig 21/10 - Away to Leverkusen
    Monaco 5/6 - Away to bottom of the league Lorient

Acca is 26/1??

Surely that is a huge price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Lallana is out, and Coutinho is Doubtful. Liverpool should still win, but maybe wait until you see the lineup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭NATLOR

B.Munich,Barca,PSG treble win enhanced (slightly!) 5/2 888

Rooney,if he starts, to be booked 3/1 888

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Gonna try this challenge on the Saturdays between now and Christmas. Starting tomorrow.

Week 1: 20 @ 1/1 to win 40
    Week 2: 40 @ 1/1 to win 80
    Week 3: 80 @ 1/1 to win 160
    Week 4: 160 @ 1/1 to win 320
    week 5: 320 @ 1/1 to win 640
    week 6: 640 @ 1/1 to win 1280

60ba16566597c7531160c32c439a3837.png
    Won.
    Penalty on the stroke of half time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Cheers Infor .. no peno .. mazy dribble and shot :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Won.
    Penalty on the stroke of half time

Cheers infor, great tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Kilmarnock v Celtic
    Scott Sinclair Anytime 11/8

magherakid wrote: »
    Kilmarnock v Celtic
    Scott Sinclair Anytime 11/8

Betfred Mags ? .. 4/5 on 365 and 4/6 on PP :(

DoctaDee wrote: »

0d9a28f4721e603662a69c342c45cba2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

DoctaDee wrote: »

Aye mate

• Advertisement

Sam Baldock FGS Brighton/Villa @ 7/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

City Everton and pool treble enhanced from 4/1 to 6/1 on PP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Division

KevIRL wrote: »
    City Everton and pool treble enhanced from 4/1 to 6/1 on PP

That's a pretty decent treble considering what they normally enhance.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭SHINKICKER

Gonna try this challenge on the Saturdays between now and Christmas. Starting tomorrow.

Will follow with great interest!
    In theory it looks easier than it actually is!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭spurshero

Papav3r wrote: »
    Just looking at tonight's games.

Brighton 17/20 Home against Villa
    Lyon 6/4 - Away to Lille - inside relegation zone
    RB Leipzig 21/10 - Away to Leverkusen
    Monaco 5/6 - Away to bottom of the league Lorient

Acca is 26/1??

Surely that is a huge price.
    unlucky . accums are hard . so near and yet nothing to show for it

Week 1:

Man City
    Derby

Pays 2.21 so just over 6/5

There is a seperate part of the forum for challenges/logs.
    Here

Easier to keep it organised and easier for those who want to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭TheHannibal

Barrow Solihull
    5/10 Barrow -0.75AH 1.75
    Solihull and Barrow both had midweek replays to contend with in the FA Cup. Both sides managed to scrape through. Solihull under new manager Liam McDonald have had a perfect start to a new era with a surprising win in the cup over League Two opponents Yeovil. This went into extra time and penalties and was a very tough game. One which the players are likely to be feeling the effects of. Solihull have two very important games coming up when they face sides near the bottom of the table in Torquay and North Ferriby and these will be the ties where there will be pressure for results.
    Barrow on paper had an easier task but put away Taunton on home soil, 2-1 winning in 90 minutes. Barrow are waiting on a fitness test for Byron Harrison before Saturdays game but this forward position is where Barrow have plenty of quality to cover and any player coming in will be wanting to prove a point. Ross Hannah replaced Harrison in the week and is likely to start. Barrow actually struggled in the week against Taunton to put out a strong squad due to numerous problems including, Harry Panayiotou who was travelling back from international duties with St Kitts and Nevis, Dan Cockerline who was cup-tied and Moussa Diarra was stuck in France. All three return here and will fresh and raring to go.
    Solihull have no injury problems ahead of the trip to Barrow but you could say at this stage of the season tired legs come into play and Barrow have the advantage here with a strong squad especially in attacking positions. Barrow are unbeaten in 14 matches and are very strong. I watched them last at home to a good Eastleigh side and Barrow looked levels above for most of that game. Solihull are a side with their eye nearer the bottom of the table than the top and I expect Barrow to carry on with a promotion push with a convincing victory here.

Gateshead - Eastleigh
    5/10 Gateshead -0.25AH 2.11
    Last time I saw Eastleigh away at another decent side, Barrow, I was disappointed. Eastleigh appear to be several players short of a promotion winning squad despite so much money being spent over the years. Gateshead always go under the radar and always challenge for a Play Off spot. I expect the same again this season. Very little separate the pair on the league table with Gateshead having a two point advantage.
    Having said all this, there is a side show going on with the FA Cup, and Eastleigh just landed their biggest ever result in their history by beating League One, Swindon in the 1st Round of the prestigious cup. Eastleigh are going to be on a huge high which may make things tricky here but Gateshead have had the extra rest after TWO weeks off and come in after their biggest result of the season having beaten promotion challenging Dag & Redbridge 5-0 away from home. This was not a flash in the pan, Gateshead are on form after a great October having beaten Maidstone, Tranmere and Dover and at home have lost once all season. The two week break has also meant players have had time to recover from injures with Nyal Bell and defenders Liam Hogan and James Bolton all returning to the side.
    Last time out in the league Eastleigh drew 2-2 at home to a very poor York side who were very much in transition with a new manager coming in. The Eastleigh manager has also hinted that he won t be changing the side from midweek and we could have some tired legs against a fresh Gateshead. Eastleigh to Gateshead is a huge trip and they aren t staying overnight but travelling on the day. This is a 320 mile journey by coach! It is so long that they are actually stopping off at Doncaster on the way up to go for a swim at Doncaster Rovers training ground to keep loose.

York - Dagenham & Red.
    3/10 York +0.5AH 1.73
    Aidan Connolly is back in the squad after eight games out injured which is a big boost as he is one of York s best players. York have been going through an overhaul of players since Gary Mills came in which has included the exit of top scorer Richard Brodie who has gone out on loan to Macclesfield. Sean Newton who arrived from Wrexham is straight back into the side following suspension. Jack Higgins and Josh Robinson also return from injury.
    After a morale boosting draw away at Eastleigh we could be seeing a turning point for York and the new signings are encouraging. Dagenham and Redbridge have their own problems despite doing very well in the league. The squad is full of injuries and has been for a sometime. However it is now taking its toll. In the week they lost to Halifax in their FA Cup replay who are in a division below will their last league game saw them get demolished at home 5-0 by Gateshead. It is not time to panic yet but this is side beginning to hit problems and not cope with their injury issues. For the midweek game against Halifax, the Dagger had seven injuries and three were defender so top scorer Oliver Hawkins had to play centre back. Andre Boucard does return though this weekend which is a big boost as he has been excellent. Academy players are likely to fill the bench. After a tricky week I think Dagenham & Redbridge will be more than happy with a draw here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Lukaku anytime
    Man City HT/FT

Double @ 4.2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,840 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Everton & Man City double

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,239 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

callaway92 wrote: »
    Everton & Man City double

me too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,819 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Sanchez first goalscorer/1-1 draw @30/1.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Took the city, Everton , pool treble. 6/1
    On the specials for interest, over 1.5 in 3 pm prem 3/1 ....champ , lge 1 and lge 2 games each around 16/1

Pool and Leicester lead at ht 8/1

Think that will keep me interested for the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭langer91

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Took the city, Everton , pool treble. 6/1
    On the specials for interest, over 1.5 in 3 pm prem 3/1 ....champ , lge 1 and lge 2 games each around 16/1

Pool and Leicester lead at ht 8/1

Think that will keep me interested for the day!

Link to Paddy's treble Sham? Can never seem to find these on site

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

langer91 wrote: »
    Link to Paddy's treble Sham? Can never seem to find these on site
    Took it yesterday. Just checked, it's gone I'm afraid.

Just noticed that pp are doing if you bet on a team to win and they lead at 60 but fail to win they will refund your stake as a free bet. They are doing this for All prem games this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,925 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

following dio on the herrera card but only got 8/5 and retalivity on the under 1.5 at 9/4

head says arse but their h2h worries me so a small one on mata anytime at 41/10 888

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Any sites that do a decent selection of card bets in play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Any sites that do a decent selection of card bets in play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Treble @ 6.25
    Leicester
    Derby
    Southampton DC

• Advertisement

retalivity wrote: »

Under 2.5 @1.8
    Under 1.5 @3.4
    Draw @3.4

Cashed out the under 1.5 @80m for double my stake as well, so good start to the day!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement