Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things you would like to see invented to make life easier for us womenfolk

• 16-04-2014 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I treated myself to a massage today, and after 10 mins of shuffling around trying to get comfy, the same thought hits me that always hits me whenever I get a massage. Why does someone not invent a massage table with boob holes in it? There's a hole for your face so why isn't there one for your boobs so they don't have to be all squished and uncomfy. I'm only c cup and it's painful, so I can only imagine the pain of the massage table for big breasted girlies.

So that is my little invention that would make life a little bit easier for women kind, the boob hole massage table.

Anyone else have any good inventions they would like to share?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

I've actually been thinking the same thing, panda! I get massages every now and then and indeed, the squashing is painful. I would also add armrests, just so my hands wouldn't be half overboard when lying down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Both of those massage table thingies already exist. "Breast recess" is the dent for the boob feature in tables, and the armrest is like a little table under the head part. Sometimes places put flowers on them, but they are for your hands to take the pressure off your arms.

Robot uterus would be a nice invention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Maybe not for just women, but detachable arms. So when you're lying in bed you can put your spare arm somewhere!

I will agree, the boobs thing puts me off getting massages. It's incredibly painful when you're my size (north (really north!) of a DD...)

A vaccine so when you get your period you can just shoot up and it's done. I know, I know, the Pill lessens it and blah blah blah but I mean it stops it entirely, with no side effects whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

A cheap, painless and permanent way of defuzzing legs and underarms. And upper lips. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

A transporter that removes the need for child birth. Baby was inside, boom, baby is outside.

• Advertisement

Tigger99 wrote: »
    A transporter that removes the need for child birth. Baby was inside, boom, baby is outside.

They sure weaseled out of that one on star trek

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Tigger99 wrote: »

I'd prefer to not have to grow them at all inside you. Maybe I just want to be a hen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭czechlin

Some sort of a cap that you put on your head, select a hair style you want, have it on for a while and tadaaa off you go with gorgeous looking hair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I'd prefer to not have to grow them at all inside you. Maybe I just want to be a hen.

Wouldn't mind the growing inside so much if I had some sort of sunroof/viewing window type thing.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

A switch that would turn off your uterus until you actually want to use it - no periods, no pregnancy scares, and eggs in perfect condition should you decide to use them

Also some way of dyeing your hair permanently so there’s no regrowth would be amazing! No need for expensive repeat appointments

• Advertisement

Scarinae wrote: »

Also some way of dyeing your hair permanently so there’s no regrowth would be amazing! No need for expensive repeat appointments

I do mine from a box myself now - it's red so going every 3-4 weeks to a salon was not going to happen for long!
    Get lovely compliments on it too ^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Scarinae wrote: »
    A switch that would turn off your uterus until you actually want to use it - no periods, no pregnancy scares, and eggs in perfect condition should you decide to use them

Ok that's way better than my idea!!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

bluewolf wrote: »
    I do mine from a box myself now - it's red so going every 3-4 weeks to a salon was not going to happen for long!
    Get lovely compliments on it too ^^

My hair is blonde though - I feel that adding colour to your hair is fine to do at home, but anything involving bleach is better left to professionals (horribly expensive professionals :()

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

The nosepad thingys in glasses/sunglasses; they NEED to be redesigned so that they don't bloody snag in your hair if you put them up on your head for a moment.

Drives me bananas - shove your glasses up on you head for 5 seconds?

BAM - have a nice hank of hair yanked out and waving around loose from whatever way you've put your hair up.

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

A fast forward time machine when you're pregnant.

I'd have all the babies in the world if I didn't have to be pregnant for 40 (or in my case 42!!) long weeks.

Honestly, it is my major major deterrent towards ever having a 4th!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

My major deterrent for having more children is the newborn stage. I hate it, I've done it twice now and its one of the major things putting me off having more. If babies could be born at about six months that'd be awesome. Also breastfeeding needs some serious redesign, I do it because I know the benefits are there but I don't enjoy it and find it a pain in the early stages when you're feeding around the clock.
    Periods are a total waste of time unless you want to have children. The switch idea would be amazing.
    Something to rejig your feet so heels are more comfortable would be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

A contraceptive pill that doesn't reduce libido.
    So I can have as much sex as I want and want as much sex as I can have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

Yeah deffo something to speed up periods so that they last an hr or something and then done! ..WTF Humanity why have you not got that **** sorted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

A very quick, easy, non invasive and cheap way of being sterilised that won't play havoc with hormones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

High heels that are easy to walk in and that don't hurt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

A feck it lets do away with pregnancy and childbirth....make them in the bath tub or something??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭sunbeam

bluewolf wrote: »
    They sure weaseled out of that one on star trek

They used it once on ST Voyager in an emergency situation. I think it was Naomi Wildman's birth. Otherwise women were still expected to just get on with it.

sunbeam wrote: »
    They used it once on ST Voyager in an emergency situation. I think it was Naomi Wildman's birth. Otherwise women were still expected to just get on with it.

Ah, I remember hologram doc in voyager giving an explanation of "not fully formed, unstable, couldn't work"

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

eviltwin wrote: »
    A very quick, easy, non invasive and cheap way of being sterilised that won't play havoc with hormones.

Don't know what type procedure is used in Ireland, but over here, the ovaries are tied with a microscopic clamp. It takes about half an hour and doesn't mess with hormones as far as I can tell. Maybe this is something that you can look into? Sorry mods, if I went off-topic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

sunbeam wrote: »

Nah, it was Tom and B'ellana's baby. And they all acted like it was some terrible thing to happen rather than a 'd'oh, we should have been doing this for decades' thing. Naomi's birth was when there were 2 Voyagers existing together and 'our' Naomi died just after her birth, as did 'our' Harry. But the other Voyager was going to explode so other Janeway ordered her Harry to take that ship's Naomi to the surviving ship. So Naomi wasn't actually her mother's child really, but it was never spoken of again.

I don't even know why I know all of that. I rarely watched Voyager.

ETA: I just looked it up and I was wrong. It was Naomi and it was the transporter birth that killed her. Something the writers obviously included because of how stupid it is to create a universe with that technology but have all the women still give birth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Male pill!! Interesting how so many of these are to do with fertility.

I would quite like one of those machines from the Simpsons that tells you what the baby's saying, although I suspect it would be mostly boobieboobieboobie :(

Not quite an invention but standardised clothing sizes would make my life easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

pwurple wrote: »
    Both of those massage table thingies already exist. "Breast recess" is the dent for the boob feature in tables, and the armrest is like a little table under the head part.

Must find out a place in Ireland that uses these!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Something that actually gets rid of stretch marks completely! I have stretch marks on my breasts that I always feel self conscious about. The worst thing is aren't stretch marks suppose to signal growth, my breasts have a fair amount and they barely grew!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

Something that actually gets rid of stretch marks completely! I have stretch marks on my breasts that I always feel self conscious about. The worst thing is aren't stretch marks suppose to signal growth, my breasts have a fair amount and they barely grew!!

+1 my days of wearing a two piece swimsuit are over, and my breasts have grown...towards the ground :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Jeans that adjust themselves to your shape. No saggy knees, flappy ankles or waistbands falling down all over the place.

Strapless bras that defy gravity. Bye bye, cut shoulders.

Hair dye that you can just wash in like shampoo, that never fades.

Advertisement