Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

J4/J5 [Social Rugby] Season 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

.ak wrote: »
    Dorothy K is a saint! :mad:

I'm gonna sex that little halo right off her head

BDZRn81.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Hahah.

... You're still in your leg brace, aren't you? Anyone wanna play Tip the Nordy at RU later? :D

Hahah.

... You're still in your leg brace, aren't you? Anyone wanna play Tip the Nordy at RU later? :D

I am, but I'll still move faster than you. I'm a pro on the crutches now. biceps have built up to almost matchstick proportions....I'm really filling out!!

You probably are faster, actually. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

You probably are faster, actually. :(

If he wasn't fast enough to get away from me, that doesn't say a lot for you.

stephen_n wrote: »

I'm in that post-crippled rehab stage right now. I'm not full-cripple like cloneslad but I also don't have the aid of crutches which means everything is done at a slow gingerly pace. Like how you oldies walk all the time. ;)

You got me in a maul, when one of your other players was off side and joined in and held on to me....not that I was going to go too far anyway.

if it had been in open play it would have been totally different*

*because they don't pass me the ball in open play

Sounds like the usual excuses.

I'm in that post-crippled rehab stage right now. I'm not full-cripple like cloneslad but I also don't have the aid of crutches which means everything is done at a slow gingerly pace. Like how you oldies walk all the time. ;)

Experience saves all the running round like a headless chicken stuff, it's about being in the right place at the right time, not how quick you get there ;)

• Advertisement

cloneslad wrote: »
    You got me in a maul, when one of your other players was off side and joined in and held on to me....not that I was going to go too far anyway.

if it had been in open play it would have been totally different*

*because they don't pass me the ball in open play
    Sounds like the usual excuses.

What he said^^^

What he said^^^

When you agree with that cripple you automatically fall down quite a few notches in the opinion of the general public.

When you agree with that cripple you automatically fall down quite a few notches in the opinion of the general public.

Even when it's disagreeing with another cripple?

Even when it's disagreeing with another cripple?

He's Luke Fitzgerald to my Stephen Ferris.

I know which one I'd agree with.

Only because you can't speak English properly.

You'd hardly be one of Stephen Ferris thighs!

• Advertisement

Only because you can't speak English properly.

You're from North Dublin, we gave you the English language, it's not our fault you messed it up.
    You'd hardly be one of Stephen Ferris thighs!

I could take him....he can't read, can he?

You're from North Dublin, we gave you the English language, it's not our fault you messed it up.

I could take him....he can't read, can he?

He's backrow, not front row, of course he can read.

He's backrow, not front row, of course he can read.

but he's from Armagh

but he's from Armagh

Fair point!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Scans the horizon . Topic ho! Off there in the distance 30 odds posts back ! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Scans the horizon . Topic ho! Off there in the distance 30 odds posts back ! :rolleyes:

J4 & J5 Rugby is finished for us.

It's all insults and petulance for the next 4 months.

Railway Union v Clontarf in the J6 was good fun last night.

The Railway team probably should have put those lads on the J5 cup team against Terenure, they could have been still in it otherwise. It pretty much looked like an Under 20's/ academy team.

It's not against the rules, but certainly seemed against the spirit of the competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭dave13

Well in the same fortnight in which their J5 team was thrown out of the cup for ineligible players and their senior women's team in front of the branch for playing players from other clubs in their AIL promotion playoff not sure the spirit of the competition is much of a concern for Railway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

off the ball hit on myself in railway, came off early but in other (off topic) news i am now part of the cripple gang! kinda sad and happy about it at the same time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I was told that Railway don't have an under twenties, might explain why all the young lads were wearing Red socks.

Their first center wouldn't of looked out of place in a J2 game.

off the ball hit on myself in railway, came off early but in other (off topic) news i am now part of the cripple gang! kinda sad and happy about it at the same time!

Welcome, we've been expecting you.

well with AK out of the "gang" i presume its a one out one in situation?

well with AK out of the "gang" i presume its a one out one in situation?

He'll always be a cripple to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

folks, if you want a clontarf banter thread then set one up, otherwise lets just discuss J4/J5 rugby please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Result from final tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Hearing it was bective 40 - nure 0. A truly unbelievable result.

Good grief. Completely devalues the cup if true.

How about a minimum number of players on a cup team having played a minimum number of games in that league? Say at least 10 of the players should play a minimum of 5 games in J5 to qualify for the cup?

I'm not surprised, having seen them playing clontarf in the cup a few weeks ago.

Third time played this season, pretty much the third different team that turned up, with the exception of 4-5 players, most of whom were subs in the cup game.

gaius c wrote: »
    Good grief. Completely devalues the cup if true.

How about a minimum number of players on a cup team having played a minimum number of games in that league? Say at least 10 of the players should play a minimum of 5 games in J5 to qualify for the cup?

That's already sort of a rule you can't play j6 cup if you've played any other cup above it. Not sure u20's cups apply. But rules are are unenforceable aren't really rules

I've come to the conclusion that cup rugby at this level is, and always will be, an absolute joke. Not once in eight years playing at this level have I not seen numerous "cup teams."
    Stark reality is that a proper Division 10/11 team will never have a chance at winning the O'Connor cup unless they're happy to bolster their starting fifteen with players who should be playing at a higher level.

It's my first year at it, but it just seems to be that the cup is a bit of a jolly/laugh. Nobody takes it seriously. If the branch want to take it seriously they'd need to look at the rules involved. From that point of view I'd much rather win our league division than win the cup.

Pretty much why we haven't bothered with the Cup for the last few years, just no point.

Pretty much why we haven't bothered with the Cup for the last few years, just no point.

Yeah. Kind of see where you're coming from now.

Kind of sad that honest clubs are opting out of the competition because they know how ridiculous it's governed.

Look at managing it properly and fining clubs that take the pi$$. These are low level tournaments, something that give a bit of pride to 15-20 lads after a long hard season. What's the benefit from hammering two or three teams with a Harlem Globetrotters XV?

• Advertisement

what's this J5 rugby blitz in st marys tomorrow?

Many teams going to it?

Seems that the branch are investigating the Bective team fielded in the j5 cup final.

Seems that the branch are investigating the Bective team fielded in the j5 cup final.

Bit late now... I guess repercussions for next year and another trophy for 'Nure?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Suckfisher

One bunch of ringers beaten by another.

Two wrongs dont make a right though.

The j5 concept is great and as an ex j5 player i loved the chance to play again.
    Clubs nearly always senior ones playing teams that are not beginners old unfit and can compete at a much higher level should be ashamed.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭devolution

The bective team were awesome, 40 nil should have been 54 nil as 2 tries were disallowed, one was held up on the line & the other a forward pass while crossing the line!

devolution wrote: »
    The bective team were awesome, 40 nil should have been 54 nil as 2 tries were disallowed, one was held up on the line & the other a forward pass while crossing the line!
    And in a other display of awesome by the Bective 'j5' they went on to shoot fish in a barrel followed by taking out some sitting ducks.
    They'll sing songs of this glory for years to come

• Advertisement

And in a other display of awesome by the Bective 'j5' they went on to shoot fish in a barrel followed by taking out some sitting ducks.
    They'll sing songs of this glory for years to come

Ah here now leave him alone.... One post to rile you up..... To be honest I can't understand why photo id be presented at each game of each player.... Can be done electronically either. Eliminate this ****e sure the j5 league was excellent this year and then like always the cup comes along.... It's dangerous and the branch need to do something about it.... Perhaps big fines to offending clubs....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,412 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Its always happened that players who haven't played during the year come "out for the cup" and also the 20s finished up a bit earlier than other teams so their players were distributed over the other teams too. These player were not bangers or in anyway illegal it happened every year to pretty much every team. This meant that the standard in the cups always went up. If as people are alleging Bective and Nure put out all new 15s this is a ****ty thing to do but possibly a perfectly legal thing to do if their players haven't been playing for higher grades all season.

salmocab wrote: »
    Its always happened that players who haven't played during the year come "out for the cup" and also the 20s finished up a bit earlier than other teams so their players were distributed over the other teams too. These player were not bangers or in anyway illegal it happened every year to pretty much every team. This meant that the standard in the cups always went up. If as people are alleging Bective and Nure put out all new 15s this is a ****ty thing to do but possibly a perfectly legal thing to do if their players haven't been playing for higher grades all season.

I think you're missing the point here. Just because their players were, as you put it, legal, doesnt mean that they should be playing at that level.
    Winning 40-0 in the final is essentially showing what a mockery they have made out of the cup. They are a team well capable of playing at a higher standard.

salmocab wrote: »

Bective were beaten twice by Clonarf in the league and twice by Terenure. They played well against us in their second match, but we also fielded a weaker team to give players a run out.

They had no business beating either us or terenure in the fashion they did. The team that played us had at least 10 players on it that never featured in either of the league matches.

They should have been investigated after that match, instead of allowing them to turn the final into a shambles, and make a mockery of the whole thing.

Bectives teams were erratic all season though, they turned up against us in Sutton with by their own admission, 3 ex AIL players, two of whom played last year, and one under 20's player, think they beat us by 20 points, then we played them in Glenamuck and none of those players were playing but they hammered us with a much better team. Clearly though none of the teams they fielded during the season, were capeable of doing what the cup team did, to what has to be said, is a very strong J5 side from the Gick! The cups will never change though, as Salmocab said what they are doing is probably legal, if unethical in the spirit of the game but you can't legislate for that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement