Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2013/2014 Rugby Jerseys thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 570 ✭✭✭space2ground1

Does anyone know what date the IRFU Puma contract finishes? Just wondering if its going to be Puma for the 6N.

Last I heard, BLK seemed to be the favourites to take over. Is there any update on that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Does anyone know what date the IRFU Puma contract finishes? Just wondering if its going to be Puma for the 6N.

Last I heard, BLK seemed to be the favourites to take over. Is there any update on that?
    Yeah Puma for the 6N, it expires after the June internationals next year so we'll have a new jersey/supplier before the autumn internationals.

I wonder then will we have a new one again a year after that in time for the world cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

So, will there be a new jersey for the 6 nations? I want to buy one as a Christmas present, but reluctant to get one that'll be out of date soon.

• Administrators Posts: 54,098 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Bluefoam wrote: »
    So, will there be a new jersey for the 6 nations? I want to buy one as a Christmas present, but reluctant to get one that'll be out of date soon.

no, we will have the same one. New jersey will come out in time for the AIs

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Bluefoam wrote: »

No the current jersey will cover the 6 Nations and the summer tour as well. We probably won't see the new one until the AIs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Good stuff. That's great news! Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭The_Dave

Toulouse kit to be made by BLK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

The_Dave wrote: »
    Toulouse kit to be made by BLK

Obviously impressed by that snappy dressed Galway outfit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Was thinking of getting the Leinster Heineken cup jersey -similar to the home jersey but without the stripes - alot of stores seem to be sold out of them. Do anybody know if leinster will be keeping this jersey next year? Well hopefully with an extra star over the crest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

GiftofGab wrote: »
    Was thinking of getting the Leinster Heineken cup jersey -similar to the home jersey but without the stripes - alot of stores seem to be sold out of them. Do anybody know if leinster will be keeping this jersey next year? Well hopefully with an extra star over the crest.

I'd expect a new 3rd jersey next season going by recent trends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

BLK = Kooga

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

decisions wrote: »
    I'd expect a new 3rd jersey next season going by recent trends.

Leinster store have some.

I might have to go to CCC site to get the test jersey though. I might chance seeing if they'll order it in!

The store in Donnybrook has most of the NZ Super XV jerseys too. Highlanders, Canes and Chiefs and both of Blues and Cru. Doubt you'd get them cheaper ordering online!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

I noticed the eagle from the Connacht crest on the right shoulder/arm of this one for the first time at the weekend.

Looks great, but I think they missed a trick by not having the sword on the other arm.

connacht-alternate-front1-72dpi-rgb.jpg?view=976

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,411 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

GiftofGab wrote: »

That jersey is in its second season so very unlikely it will be around next season. They generally release a new kit each year to keep the money ticking over

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

http://www.cccteam.com/design-your-own/
    Templates for CCC Jerseys, make your own

They have an emerald green design ultemex jersey

ssaye2 wrote: »
    http://www.cccteam.com/design-your-own/
    Templates for CCC Jerseys, make your own

They have an emerald green design ultemex jersey

Boards bulk order?

Canterbury to supply new kit from November http://www.irishrugby.ie/ireland/30560.php

The Saders away jersey has been tweaked. I dunno but I like it.

19296.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I think it looks better than the original but would still be down the list on the NZ Super jerseys for me.

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    super%20rugby.png

In one image.

Both Canes are nice, Blues and Highlanders.

The rest vary from bad to really bad to Chiefs second.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Azzuri away kit could be the kit of the tournament

New Australia and South Africa jerseys by Asics, pretty nice!

New_Asics_Australia_Rugby_Shirt.jpg

Jean_De_Villiers_Bok_Jersey_Launch300.jpg

Aussie one is nice. Don't like the SA one.

Like both to be honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Yeh I like both too. The Aussie one has a real old school feel about it. I'm gonna assume the gold trim on the SA jersey will in reality be more dulled down, which I think will look very nice.

I just hate that 'oh look it's like an old 19th century jersey' sort of collar that's on the SA jersey.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

There's really only so much you can do with mustard (the colour, not the condiment).

• Advertisement

.ak wrote: »
    I just hate that 'oh look it's like an old 19th century jersey' sort of collar that's on the SA jersey.

The Wallaby collar is much nicer I will agree.

My 2012/2013 Boks test jersey will do me for a while longer though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

I like the South Africa jersey. The English one looks like a Christmas jumper.

I like the South Africa jersey. The English one looks like a Christmas jumper.

It's not bad by any means just that the Wallaby one is nicer. The change of shade and more traditional older CCC jersey colour scheme to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

o'neills have signed up to do the new London Irish kit

I feel like there's some IRFU spies who have infiltrated London Irish and are slowly turning it into a 5th province.

I love it.

london-Irish-n.jpg

• Advertisement

Ew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Didn't realise LI were leaving the Premiership and joining in the Giro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

About the only good thing is that they finally don't have as many sponsor logos as an F1 car. But that's about it.

Horrific, like most O'Neills jerseys.

I think it'll probably look alright on the players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

One colour is good, shades look all right. But the material and the fit look terrible.

I absolutely detest when sponsors insist their logo have a backdrop. It's rotten looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Hagz wrote: »
    london-Irish-n.jpg

Id say these are training jerseys by the looks of it maybe?

The pink one is, the rest look like playing jerseys.

I like the collars on them, and maybe they fit nice, but it stops there really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

.ak wrote: »
    I like the collars on them, and maybe they fit nice, but it stops there really.

Pink one is a ladies jersey id say (v-neck) turns out they are the actual jerseys. I dont think they will hold up to a game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,364 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Yuck. Went for minimalism, ended up boring, just like the current Tigers kit.

The new Irish owners must be really going native with the O'Neills gear. Surprised the shirt sponsors arent Avonmore and Supermacs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,411 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I like the green one think it will look good on the pitch

The shiny material looks terrible and cheap.

The current Leicester Tigers kit is the nicest kit hands down. I can't think of any kit that comes close. Maybe Munster.

• Advertisement
Advertisement