Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW36 Captain Poll

Options
  • 23-04-2014 4:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭

Might as well go ahead with the poll. There aren't many standouts this week with a lot of the top sides facing tricky tests. Arsenal take on a stuttering Newcastle side with a chance for Ramsey and co to maintain the Gunners' grasp on the coveted 4th spot. There is also a favorable fixture for Man United as they face Norwich in Ryan Giggs' first match in interim charge with the two best options looking like Rooney and Mata.

Man City and Everton both have tough fixtures away against Crystal Palace and Southampton respectively. The biggest game of the season in terms of the title race takes place at Anfield with Liverpool set to lock horns with Chelsea. Mourinho has been continuing with his mind games so it will be interesting to see the outcome and whether Liverpool have what it takes to finish the season in dramatic style.

I myself will more than likely opt for Ramsey but the unorthodox option is Wilfried Bony at home to Villa whom I transferred out last gameweek. :(

Best captain for GW36? 163 votes

Ramsey (Newcastle H)
    0%
    Rooney (Norwich H)
    24%
    TacTmachiavellianmeShaque attack[Deleted User]Dadesrock whorebillymitchellArmaniJeanssekevosuGLaDOSmailburnerDearg81builttospillShaneUpremierstonebadbeatcentralPanthroWoollyRedHatwho_ruMaxPower89 40 votes
    Suarez (Chelsea H)
    33%
    AdMMMdave13[Deleted User]LemlinMikey23[Deleted User]FutureGuyTerrontressF1ngersjimmiiNabyLadisthemancallaway92bo-scogreensausageredarmymcgoochbluethundersekllydaithijjjMikeCork2009 55 votes
    Aguero (C. Palace A)
    18%
    Miguel_SanchezDempseySooner or LaterrorycRikandzarquonronan.hEl festinoInvincibleAxwellPool4Lifeskippy15John83sashafierceMarty09maximo31martineatworldFowler87The GibzillaConbhar 30 votes
    Podolski (Newcastle H)
    11%
    sionnachIagokeano_afcbofDeadParrot[Deleted User]Ace2007First Explorer8-10Mr. MuddleHow Soon Is Nowpahstiffler123jmaPopTartsJoaquin223Andy_DublinChoiChoimasti123 19 votes
    Giroud (Newcastle H)
    3%
    BulmersBinkaSmashingPilotAdpRomanual_manMr.Prodston 6 votes
    Cazorla (Newcastle H)
    1%
    Green&Redcarraig2 2 votes
    Mata (Norwich H)
    1%
    POKERKINGwardie101 2 votes
    Gerrard (Chelsea H)
    4%
    SickBoybig_showjamesbereunplayableWhatNowForUs?EldocoA Brad Maddox GuyDoris300 8 votes
    Sterling (Chelsea H)
    0%
    Bony (Villa H)
    0%
    Nasri (C. Palace A)
    0%
    Rojiblancos 1 vote
    Eriksen (Stoke A)
    0%
    Lukaku (Soton A)
    0%
    Lallana (Everton H)
    0%
    Other
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Suarez (Chelsea H)
    I had always planned to go with Rooney but Chelsea losing Cech and more than likely Terry has me wondering what to do.

David Luiz vs Suarez could be a bloodbath.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,949 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Suarez (Chelsea H)
    Chelsea away against good team = I do not fancy attackers from home team. No Suarez captain this week.

Makes me happy to start Flanagan though.

I'll captain Rooney or Mata most likely. Probably Rooney.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Giroud (Newcastle H)
    CSF wrote: »
    Chelsea away against good team = I do not fancy attackers from home team. No Suarez captain this week.

Makes me happy to start Flanagan though.

I'll captain Rooney or Mata most likely. Probably Rooney.

think i'll be captaining one of my Arsenal attackers myself, though it should be noted that both Cech and Terry are out of weekend game, as well as possibility of more players being rested ahead of champs league 2nd leg (wouldnt be surprised 2see Cahill rested, Mour won't want 2risk another cb injury ahead of next Wednesday)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Rooney (Norwich H)
    Rambo: He's gotten forward so much in his last 1.5 matches and Newcastle are dire.

Suarez (Chelsea H)
    manual_man wrote: »
    think i'll be captaining one of my Arsenal attackers myself, though it should be noted that both Cech and Terry are out of weekend game, as well as possibility of more players being rested ahead of champs league 2nd leg (wouldnt be surprised 2see Cahill rested, Mour won't want 2risk another cb injury ahead of next Wednesday)

Mourinho is still well capable of keeping it tactically very tight.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,208 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Rooney (Norwich H)
    Even without Cech and Terry I can't see Liverpool getting too much against Chelsea.

Going for Ramsey myself.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Giroud (Newcastle H)
    CSF wrote: »
    Mourinho is still well capable of keeping it tactically very tight.

no doubt he'll set them up harder to get thru than a titanium chastity belt, but Suarez is still Suarez :)

Anyway like i said i'm goin with an Arsenal player but my point is i don't think any of us will be surprised if Suarez runs riot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

I'm going with Ramsey this week. Hoping to crack the top 10k..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Giroud (Newcastle H)
    I'm looking at Podolski, but I'd have to bring him in first and nothing will be decided until Friday at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Aguero (C. Palace A)
    I was all set for Ramsey until the Chelsea injuries, now I just don't know! But I can't get the image of Luiz falling over out of my mind...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,996 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Aguero (C. Palace A)
    same here. I was pretty much decided to Ramsey, now I am just not sure.
    (Plus all these injuries simply destroyed me. . .)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Rooney (Norwich H)
    Ramsey, I'd say almost everyone who didn't have him last week will have him this week though so he won't be much of differential.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Suarez (Chelsea H)
    Ramsey or Rooney probably. Time to look away from Suarez season can't really get a whole lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Podolski (Newcastle H)
    Very surprised at the lack of Aguero votes. What gives? Everybody's getting him in, he's fantasy gold, his team have to keep winning to have a chance at winning the league, he scores lots of goals, he's on penos, he's playing a palace team that are pretty much safe...?

Rooney is not a better option.

Suarez (Chelsea H)
    8-10 wrote: »
    Very surprised at the lack of Aguero votes. What gives? Everybody's getting him in, he's fantasy gold, his team have to keep winning to have a chance at winning the league, he scores lots of goals, he's on penos, he's playing a palace team that are pretty much safe...?

Rooney is not a better option.

Palace away is tough. Palace at home is tough even.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Aguero (C. Palace A)
    I'm probably going without Ramsey and Eriksen this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Rooney (Norwich H)
    roryc wrote: »
    I'm probably going without Ramsey and Eriksen this week.
    977-011.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Rooney (Norwich H)
    Going with Ramsey, he's back on top form and is playing the worst team in the league at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,555 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Suarez (Chelsea H)
    Dearg81 wrote: »
    Going with Ramsey, he's back on top form and is playing the worst team in the league at the moment.

Think I'll be going with him too. It's like he wasn't out at all, he's just eased back into the great form he was in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Rooney for me always a big reaction at a club when manager leaves. especially in this case as the players having been getting stick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Rooney (Norwich H)
    Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Rooney for me always a big reaction at a club when manager leaves. especially in this case as the players having been getting stick
    Dearg81 wrote: »

Torn between these two big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Rooney (Norwich H)
    FHFC wrote: »
    Torn between these two big time.

I do a score prediction competition in work for each fixture so I go by that a lot when I'm not sure who to captain. I reckon arsenal will get 4 goals against Newcastle so that's why I picked Ramsey(along with his good form).

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Suarez (Chelsea H)
    Captain Rooney will do the job! (plus he gets the penalty's)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Mata (Norwich H)
    Cazorla, its gamble time for me, i need to gain 39 points off a rival so shipping out our players in common and gambling on my captain. Cazorla every now and then has a massive week, please please please let it be this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Aguero (C. Palace A)
    When in doubt, always captain Suarez...

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

Suarez (Chelsea H)
    Some good points made about Ramsey, but it's Rooney for me.

Surely there has to be a good performance from the United team this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Rooney (Norwich H)
    I think it'll either be Ramsey or Rooney that come out on top this week.

Podolski, Ozil and Aguero as outside bets.

Honestly can't see Suarez or any of the Liverppol lads to come out with too high scores. Even if Chelsea doesn't field his best 11 ( how can he anyway with injuries) he will do his best to keep it tight at the back and beat Liverpool on the counter. Chelsea need some result out of this, if they lose this match they're treading on thin ice as Arsenal would only need them to slip up once more to beat them to third. I'd argue Mourinho would have chosen this tactic either way, playing at Anfield and all.

Ronney, I don't know, it depends how hard up the backside Giggs kicks him.
    Can we really put his bad form as of late down to just Moyes?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Aguero (C. Palace A)
    Rooney didn't score last week. In the previous six games he bagged 6 goals and one assist. The only two games he didn't score in were the defeats at Liverpool and City. What bad form are you referring to! He's been scoring despite United's bad form.

Suarez (Chelsea H)
    I think Chelsea will park the bus, even with their injuries, so I am still leaning towards Ramsey. Will see what Giggs says today to see if it'll sway me towards Rooney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Suarez (Chelsea H)
    roryc wrote: »
    Rooney didn't score last week. In the previous six games he bagged 6 goals and one assist. The only two games he didn't score in were the defeats at Liverpool and City. What bad form are you referring to! He's been scoring despite United's bad form.

I've had Rooney marked down as captain for this game for weeks. The only thing that may stop me going with him as captain is Giggs announcing that RVP is back today but I can't see that happening.

Advertisement