Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lan Event CS GO

Options
  • 11-01-2013 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

i want to get a lan event going in dublin we get a function hall in a hotel or something and go for the day or go friday and leave sunday message me if you know anymore about it because there is a few irish pc gamers but barely any lan events

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Valdez

yeah I'm Looking to start doing some Lan Events. Maybe some small ones and then do a big one in the summer with a 5,000 euro Cash Prize or something like that. I have A cafe and big hall with Video Projectors, I say enough room to host a 300+ Lan Event In Dublin. I am currently working on a brand and Website, for Pc Gamers and Modder, www.overclocker.ie. I am thinking of publishing a PC Magazine for Ireland. Maybe throw some dates my way and once we agree on a date I will Print out some flyers, (I currently Run A printing Company) so I can print banners/Flyers anything to help promote the events. What Dates you Have in mind? we can host it at my cafe (Cafe has hot food and sweet Factory,Drinks ect or In the Hall I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 DarraghAFC

yeah pm me there because i want to get into lans because i have a custom pc and stuff im going to talk to some of the lads and see what we can get going

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

What games you thinking of running at it?

cs go,black ops 2,battlefield 3,battlefield 2 and cod 4 for the people that like the classics

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Abit too shooter heavy to interest me, but best of luck with the event anyway.

• Advertisement

i say street fighter could go down or teken or something

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Wambo

Be great to see this actually happen. Console events will attract allot more attention than PC though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

I'd murder someone be very happy to see a CS:GO lan event :pac:

Maybe a nice RTS thrown in.

So I am thinking of have a LAN soon need some input in regards to games/tournaments poeple would like to see play at this event and prizes. you think cash prizes are better then PC Hardware prizes? I really want to get the ball rolling. I should have date set by next week and will post picture of venue. please any feed back you can give would be awesome. I have also posted it on my site overclocker.ie

73608782f50eb6af17bb69bdcd662692_XL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CrazyJoe

Looks good, a small print of a list of other games would be nice to show its not a set amount of games to 1st time lanners.
    Lans usually end up with hardware as prizes from sponsored companies advertising their products, cash is more enticing to the average gamer.

• Advertisement

CrazyJoe wrote: »
    Looks good, a small print of a list of other games would be nice to show its not a set amount of games to 1st time lanners.
    Lans usually end up with hardware as prizes from sponsored companies advertising their products, cash is more enticing to the average gamer.

Thanks for the Reply Crazyjoe. you have any other games in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CrazyJoe

battlefield 2-3, Command and conquer: generals, crysis, UT3, warhammer40k, Streetfighter 4, Quake, HoN, League of legends to name a few.

Thanks Again, I will add these to my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 NeilDoherty

So is anything still happening in terms of a Dublin Lan event. I'd really be interested in attending a csgo tournament and maybe even playing some bf3 also.

Yeah this is for sure happening, this should take place in March (so I can advertise it). I will have exact date this week. then I will be doing a big event in the summer. I will post Date and prizes As soon as I have them.

Regards
    Valdez

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Be great to have CSGO and dota 2, requires net

Sounds great, I would love to form a mix team for some csgo action. Whereabouts will the event be held.

Sounds great, I would love to form a mix team for some csgo action. Whereabouts will the event be held.

It's going to be held in Dublin, ballyfermot 11/12 west link ind est.. There's net there and Internet cafe. Cafe has enough room for about 50 people or more. But we also have a big hall in the same unit that can hold 300 people and has video projectors and sound system. Still working on the cafe there pictures on my site overclocker.ie . On the recent tweets.

Better pic of cafe. I will post more pics when it finished and of the modding workshop.

i think they are starting at the start of march add me on steam darraghafc or my screen name on it is ItsDarragh and maybe play some cs go

• Advertisement

Looks like a great venue. I assume it would be a non byoc event as I could see pc's in those pictures. A bit awkward getting there from where I am (Malahide) as I'm not driving, but I'm sure I could manage it. Darragh, I've added you on steam even though I am not sure whether you were speaking to me or Valdez. Anyone else feel free to contact me on steam: endad .

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Davabo

Is there a website and an attendance list feature etc...?

Midlans failed because of lack of advertising. How many people are you looking to attract to this lan?

I know a good chunk of the old midlans crew who would gladly go.

I would suggest marketing as much as possible, mainly places like colleges etc.., many have computer societys and gaming societys etc...

When you have everything set will there be a website with all the included information?

Might be worth playing the popular games at the first few lans to attract mass lan goers. I'm glad csgo is getting bigger in Ireland

Looks like a great venue. I assume it would be a non byoc event as I could see pc's in those pictures. A bit awkward getting there from where I am (Malahide) as I'm not driving, but I'm sure I could manage it. Darragh, I've added you on steam even though I am not sure whether you were speaking to me or Valdez. Anyone else feel free to contact me on steam: endad .

it will be a lan event, I only have 8 PC at the cafe so it will be bring your own PC Event, unless you can't, you can use a cafe PC. but will need to let me know so I can hold it for you.

Also I have a friend that lives close to Malahide, I can organize you a lift or I know that local taxi company i do alot of work for them, I can get a really cheap price off of them.
    Davabo wrote: »
    Is there a website and an attendance list feature etc...?

Midlans failed because of lack of advertising. How many people are you looking to attract to this lan?

I know a good chunk of the old midlans crew who would gladly go.

I would suggest marketing as much as possible, mainly places like colleges etc.., many have computer societys and gaming societys etc...

When you have everything set will there be a website with all the included information?

Might be worth playing the popular games at the first few lans to attract mass lan goers. I'm glad csgo is getting bigger in Ireland
    There is a website www.overclocker.ie Once I have all the info I will post it on there. I'm going to do my best at marketing it. As I own a print shop, I distribute around 30,000 flyers a month around my area so will do the same for this event, there's also a college in ballyfermot , I'm about ten min drive from city centre so will be advertise there too.

this first event will be kind of a trial run, to see what I will need to change for the summer Event that I will also be planning, but any advice or help you can give me wil be awesome and will not go unnoticed.

I'm still thinking about the date as I want to have enough time to Market it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

great stuff, hope it works out. Miss those KENNY LANS from dublin a few years ago.

Brilliant, really excited for this now!

Im Looking For A Team To Join

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

First off, although there's a map on the site, it lacks "how to get there" info. Such as bus/rail/etc. Also local cab company phone number if they're bring their PC from the nearby train station, or LUAS stop.

Is there much parking space outside the warehouse, and what sort of internet connection speed do you have? Although some LAN games will only need a small net connection to validate themselves, some of the larger games such as BF3 will need a very good speed line if multiple people are playing at the same time.

Midlans only really failed as people have less money lately, and thus there was less sponsorship. One thing Midlans had was a place to sleep at the place. Is the industrial park open 24/7, or is there a time when people must be out, and are security okay with people walking in and our to the local shops/chipper?

the_syco wrote: »
    First off, although there's a map on the site, it lacks "how to get there" info. Such as bus/rail/etc. Also local cab company phone number if they're bring their PC from the nearby train station, or LUAS stop.

Is there much parking space outside the warehouse, and what sort of internet connection speed do you have? Although some LAN games will only need a small net connection to validate themselves, some of the larger games such as BF3 will need a very good speed line if multiple people are playing at the same time.

Midlans only really failed as people have less money lately, and thus there was less sponsorship. One thing Midlans had was a place to sleep at the place. Is the industrial park open 24/7, or is there a time when people must be out, and are security okay with people walking in and our to the local shops/chipper?

Hi Syco, Thanks for the Reply, I will post pictures of the Parking lot and cafe on www.overclocker.ie Site there is loads of parking, also I have A security Team that will have no problem with people going in and out, I am planing to give out wristbands and lanyards so staff will be aware of who paid. I will also post direction on site. The Industrial Estate closes at 10:00 but I will have Security at the gate for all who need to get in after that time. I have run all nighter here before except they didn't have computers, rather gladiator, sumo wrestling and bungee run tournaments. lol also there is a lucas line about 10 min walk, but if they call I can arrange for them to be picked up from the lucas line. or I can get them a good rate from local Taxi Company.

the internet connection on site I have is two 5meg Lines and Eircom have put in a Wireless Hub. At the moment I am try to get faster internet but Eircom have said thats all they can offer is 5-10megs on each of my three lines.

I am planing to put out around 20,000 - 30,000 leafets along with banners to promote this event. I currently Run my own print shop form the same location which is two industrial units . I am know by many business that i do work for that have offered to help promote this event too (ASAP TAXIS AND Clarion Hotel) I can get good rates there if anyone needs to stay there. Like I said in earlier Post this event will be a test Run for the bigger event I plan to run in the summer.

Also Want to make known now, that Spirits or any other strong alcoholic drinks are not allowed at the event. anyone that bring alcohol on site will be asked to leave. this is very strict as the people that own the building have a no drinking Policy for this.

I am going to work hard to make this event as enjoyable for everyone that comes as possible. All the details will be posted on my site along with permission slips for person under 16 years. I will be posting the flyer here and on my site. so tag it to your Facebook or any social network your on. just want to thank everyone that has replied to this thread. any more suggestion are welcome. thanks a Million.

Valdez wrote: »

Also Want to make known now, that Spirits or any other strong alcoholic drinks are not allowed at the event. anyone that bring alcohol on site will be asked to leave. this is very strict as the people that own the building have a no drinking Policy for this.

Normal alcohol like cans and bottles will be allowed though? This is a vital part of lan ^^

• Advertisement

Davabo wrote: »
    Normal alcohol like cans and bottles will be allowed though? This is a vital part of lan ^^

Hi Mate, No Alcohol At all Including Cans and Bottles. Sorry About that mate. We can Still have a great time without. this is going to be A proper tournament LAN.

Also I am still working on some Logistics before I post List of tournaments and exact date. Sorry for the Delay, I just want to make sure I have everything covered. Thanks for your patients.

Advertisement