Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny (Bungie)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Have you got a code GottaGetGatt or do you want one, I have 2 spare atm for the usual IRL Gaming lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Only got 30 minutes of play last night as it took ages to download and was pretty late. Looks promising. Is the starter mission the same for every race or does it change?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Anyone with PS3 or X-Box 360 codes :(
    Me love you long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Gandalph wrote: »
    Only got 30 minutes of play last night as it took ages to download and was pretty late. Looks promising. Is the starter mission the same for every race or does it change?

Its the same for every class type/race.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Cormac... wrote: »
    Anyone with PS3 or X-Box 360 codes :(
    Me love you long time.

Pre-order on PS3 and it will start to download.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Has it changed at all since before the maintanence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭brady12

anyone want code for ps4?

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Has it changed at all since before the maintanence?

As far as I can tell, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Does it always spawn you with human players in a mission ? I've only just started really and doing the 1st mission , hate playing with randoms and prefer to take my time looking around at first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

calex71 wrote: »
    Does it always spawn you with human players in a mission ? I've only just started really and doing the 1st mission , hate playing with randoms and prefer to take my time looking around at first.

You can set fire team options to friends only of you don't want interruptions....

• Advertisement

It does, but you can ignore them for the most part.
    There are certain times when you will need a few people working the same objective.

EDIT:
    Fieldog wrote: »
    You can set fire team options to friends only of you don't want interruptions....

Did not know that.

Yeah see that option now, it's weird though I'll head over to then and move on with them next thing they will vanish, guess because they are on an objective further on than me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Yeah see that option now, it's weird though I'll head over to then and move on with them next thing they will vanish, guess because they are on an objective further on than me :confused:

Most indoor areas are private instances only for your fire team. That's why randoms vanishes or team mates teleport forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

brady12 wrote: »
    anyone want code for ps4?

Still got it ? <3

Anyone got a 360 code for a mate?

just-waiting-for-a-mate-yup-still.jpg

Oh and don't forget Xbox heads, join our boards clan... :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

If some kind soul has a spare 360 code I would be very grateful if they would send it my way please?
    I promise to take care of it and feed it and walk it everyday!
    Thank you in advance.

Any ps4 boards clans anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I would love a 360 code if anyone has one.... :o:(

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    I would love a 360 code if anyone has one.... :o:(

Twitter seems the best bet, half of them just looking for followers though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Yea i've been looking. nothing yet unfortunately.

• Advertisement

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    Yea i've been looking. nothing yet unfortunately.

Trying to get one for my mate and my kids, so they will stay off my PS4... :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Lads any spare ps4 codes going? Trying to get one for a mate. Thanks

Axwell wrote: »
    Lads any spare ps4 codes going? Trying to get one for a mate. Thanks

Tell him to pre-order it, it will auto-download.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

F1ngers wrote: »
    Tell him to pre-order it, it will auto-download.

Can he cancel the preorder after that and not get charged?

Axwell wrote: »
    Can he cancel the preorder after that and not get charged?

You can.
    It's what I and others have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

anyone up for a few games on ps4 add me, I'm on now. tag is same as here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Started the beta on the XB1 yesterday afternoon. Played until I got my character to almost level 3 and finished the SP intro. Decided to load up the 360 version for comparison. Was pleasantly surprised to see I could continue playing on 360 with my XB1 character and continue to build character and progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Destiny seems like it's one of the must have games this year. God I love Bungie

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Destiny seems like it's one of the must have games this year. God I love Bungie

Think I mentioned in the other thread, I liked it but didn't love it. Don't like how it handles the co-op elements really wish they had ripped off borderlands directly for that. Not a huge deal though I guess. It doesn't feel all that new to me either from the limited time I've spent at it I was reminded of several other games and series' mass effect and borderlands particularly. It's still a day one for me but it's not going to hold my attention for as long as I expected I fear, that might change and could be just a mental block because it's a beta and not wanting to over commit to it in case that progress doesn't carry over.

I was also expecting more in terms of drops from enemies, I really don't like the fact that loot chests disappear a short time after being opened which means if playing with randoms and they open it, they usually don't bother to tell you there is one there :(

Biggest problem I have is the load times, there should be a 'return to tower' option in the mission stats screen too instead of having to return to orbit first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,696 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I was also expecting more in terms of drops from enemies, I really don't like the fact that loot chests disappear a short time after being opened which means if playing with randoms and they open it, they usually don't bother to tell you there is one there :(

Biggest problem I have is the load times, there should be a 'return to tower' option in the mission stats screen too instead of having to return to orbit first.

The loading times will probably be optimised for the final release.

The locations of the 5 golden chests are,
    1)In the facility near where you find your ship(you walk past it in mission 2)
    2)Above the room with the fallen captain in it where you fight the wizard in the mission from the Alpha.
    3)In a cave halfway down the canyon to the forgotten shore.
    4)Along the coast to the left at forgotten shore just beyond a standard chest.
    5)Under Sepkis Prime on the right(need to be in strike)

When you open the fifth chest you get the better hoverbike for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

It's so much harder playing by yourself. I'm a bit stuck on the stealthy ninja LADS. Something to do with finding the source of communications. If anyone fancies pairing up then give us a shout. My GT is Dizmonster. (XBOX ONE)

2)Above the room with the fallen captain in it where you fight the wizard in the mission from the Alpha.

So those will respawn in the same possition until you pick up what ever is in them :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

So those will respawn in the same possition until you pick up what ever is in them :confused:

Never mind the PS4 part. It's valid for all formats.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

I have 2 PS4 beta codes for whoever wants them. First 2 PM's gets them.

Cool, I saw someone last night with a weaponized sparrow, I was wondering how they got it. Have 4/5 golden chests already, will pick up the last one tonight so. :-)

• Advertisement

I played pvp last night, very generic fps online feel to it but I guess it gets better as the game goes on. I went in at level 5 against all the level 8s and unless I could get off some sort of quickscope headshots I was toast. Don't think I'll do much more pvp as the gear looks like a grind and it would be heartbreaking to get it taken away from you after the beta finishes. I'd be interested in getting a boards clan for ps4 up and running though.

Gandalph wrote: »
    I played pvp last night, very generic fps online feel to it but I guess it gets better as the game goes on. I went in at level 5 against all the level 8s and unless I could get off some sort of quickscope headshots I was toast. Don't think I'll do much more pvp as the gear looks like a grind and it would be heartbreaking to get it taken away from you after the beta finishes. I'd be interested in getting a boards clan for ps4 up and running though.

Armour and weapons damage values are different in mp, all thats carried are the mods e.g scopes, mag size and cooldown/reload armour bonuses.

The only playlist that us available where armour and weapon damage values matter is Iron Banner, which is also Control atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Cool, I saw someone last night with a weaponized sparrow, I was wondering how they got it. Have 4/5 golden chests already, will pick up the last one tonight so. :-)

You mean the pike yeah? To get that in free roam you need to hang about in the forgotten shores for awhile and eventually you'll see something about some roving band of pikes are approaching, all you need to do is kill the rider and then just hop on and you're set.

:D

wexdevil wrote: »
    You mean the pike yeah? To get that in free roam you need to hang about in the forgotten shores for awhile and eventually you'll see something about some roving band of pikes are approaching, all you need to do is kill the rider and then just hop on and you're set.

:D

Hmmm, maybe. I came across a band of pike last night alright. I didn't know you could steal their wheels though. I just blew the feckers up with some heavy weapons fire without thinking about it too much (as you do!)

So what about upgraded sparrow then? Does that have an onboard weapon?

Hmmm, maybe. I came across a band of pike last night alright. I didn't know you could steal their wheels though. I just blew the feckers up with some heavy weapons fire without thinking about it too much (as you do!)

No it's just a bit faster and more armour.

• Advertisement

Do you get to keep the vehicles you steal off them? Or does it just despawn?

No it's just a bit faster and more armour.

Ah nuts.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

I haven't played yet. I'm itching to get my hands on a PS4 beta code. No such luck though...

Is a precision kill just a headshot if I'm a hunter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I got killed by a Sparrow that fired weapons in the crucible PvP.

How do you start the mission on the moon? Says you need story mission 6 done but I dont see that one I've only got 1-5 and the strike mission.

How do you start the mission on the moon? Says you need story mission 6 done but I dont see that one I've only got 1-5 and the strike mission.

Don't think it's in beta. Don't know why they bothered putting it there tbh

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Don't think it's in beta. Don't know why they bothered putting it there tbh

Ah I see, the strike mission was all kinds of win though, took about an hour to get through it, had to message the 2 randoms to tell them to shoot the weak spots on the first boss.

Ah I see, the strike mission was all kinds of win though, took about an hour to get through it, had to message the 2 randoms to tell them to shoot the weak spots on the first boss.

The devils lair one with the spider robot? Was shooting that ****ing thing for a good 40 mins, 3 of us doing it. Firing rockets and everything lol.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    The devils lair one with the spider robot? Was shooting that ****ing thing for a good 40 mins, 3 of us doing it. Firing rockets and everything lol.

the yellow lights sections on it's legs ;)

Thank fook you can respawn and don't have to do it without dying :eek:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement