Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Offseason 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 1DRose

By all accounts the Love to Chicago story originated from Minnesota. They are trying to create an urgency for the Warriors/Cavs to get their act together.

Also, Wiggins has been offered his rookie contract, which if he signs, means he can't be traded for 30 days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Browsing reddit and this comes up. Some great plays here.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Browsing reddit and this comes up. Some great plays here.

Ah White Chocolate. For me the best pass is actually No. 8, where he fakes the behind the back then uses his other ELBOW (!) to pass the ball to the oncoming player. Genius.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Ah White Chocolate. For me the best pass is actually No. 8, where he fakes the behind the back then uses his other ELBOW (!) to pass the ball to the oncoming player. Genius.

Yeah I needed all the replays to fully figure out what he actually did there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

It's a shame the TWolves are kind of stuck with Rubio in a way. Irving for Love straight up makes much more sense than Wiggins + Bennett.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Chris Sheridan @sheridanhoops · 1h
    EXCLUSIVE: #Bulls have offered Taj Gibson, Nikola Mirotic and Doug McDermott to #Twolves for K.Love, per NBA source.

If Minny agree to the trade (why wouldn't they tbh), Bulls have to be considered favorites

EXCLUSIVE: #Bulls have offered Taj Gibson, Nikola Mirotic and Doug McDermott to #Twolves for K.Love, per NBA source.

If Minny agree to the trade (why wouldn't they tbh), Bulls have to be considered favorites

Serious offer alright, esp throwing in McDermott and Mirotic. They still have the 30day thing to negotiate though as McDermott only signed yesterday (or the day before?), but almost all the reports I've read says Mirotic has a no-trade clause so not sure how they make this work. McDermott has looked very good in ore season and he's pretty much a plug for a hole they have so not sure they'd want to give him up.

If I'm Minny, I still ink I want Wiggins and that outs Cleveland in the lead still IMO. Wiggins has the potential biggest upside of all of the players listed so far.

This is what. Minny want though - multiple teams playing off each other and the stakes will just get higher and higher.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Not sure I believe that report, seems unlike the Bulls to make that kind of offer. They used 2 first-round picks this year to get McDermott. They've been lining up Mirotic for a couple of years, and Chad Ford said he'd be top 5 this year if he went. So that's like 3 first round picks this year, plus Gibson.

Doesn't seem like the Bulls front-office to do this. What I heard from the Melo negotiations was, they didn't want to gut the team to give him the max possible.

So let me get this straight...

Instead of offering their 4th, 5th and 6th best players, the Bulls are offering their 4th best player and two rookies (assuming #6 and #7 on their projected depth chart)...and that is supposed to trump Andrew Wiggins? And this is considered their "all chips on the table" offer?

Let's flip that on its side, if the Bulls offered that Package straight up for Wiggins, Bennett and a 2015 #1 pick, how quickly would the Cavs hang up the phone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Kareem is working with Big Roy helping him improve his game for the upcoming season
    Might aswell learn from the best aye?
    10551087_10152588600612996_4864006812365270189_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Yeah, looking forward to Roy playing well for 2-3 months then stropping about not getting enough touches and shrinking into a 7 foot 2 teddy bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 1DRose

Shannon Brown released by the Knicks. He's still only 28 :eek:

Bulls should pick him up as a 3rd choice SG for the vet minimum!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

1DRose wrote: »
    Shannon Brown released by the Knicks. He's still only 28 :eek:

Bulls should pick him up as a 3rd choice SG for the vet minimum!

JR, Shump, Hardaway, Ellington mean the knicks have too many shooting guards. Brown is the most imminently expendable of those

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Kareem is working with Big Roy helping him improve his game for the upcoming season

Unfortunately he can't give him a heart! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

Dunno if that's the best fit.....style wise......Shaq or Ewing would probably be more in the style that Hibbert aspires to be than Kareem...

ec18 wrote: »
    Dunno if that's the best fit.....style wise......Shaq or Ewing would probably be more in the style that Hibbert aspires to be than Kareem...
    Kareem was a master of footwork and balance. He's also been proven to be a good teacher based on his work with Gasol and Bynum. Hopefully Roy learns well and then decides to drop some pounds along the way help him with his mobility.

This news is much better than hearing Roy is sitting at home watching TV and eating pizzas and ice cream all day. I think working with Kareem is probably the best former player he could work with. What does this mean for next season, who knows, but I think this news is good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Cavs sign Wiggins to his rookie contract, no trade for 30 days

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Kareem was a master of footwork and balance. He's also been proven to be a good teacher based on his work with Gasol and Bynum. Hopefully Roy learns well and then decides to drop some pounds along the way help him with his mobility.

This news is much better than hearing Roy is sitting at home watching TV and eating pizzas and ice cream all day. I think working with Kareem is probably the best former player he could work with. What does this mean for next season, who knows, but I think this news is good news.

Kareem is arguably the greatest center of all time, Can't go wrong. If he can't help Roy, nobody can

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Mavs after signing Jameer Nelson for 2 years $6m.

After the past couple of years of missing out on big free agent signings, they've made some big signings this off season. Albeit no superstar signing but some good solid players that will make them serious contenders in the west in my opinion.

I'm intrigued by Dallas this next season. Interesting collection of players after striking out in the big fish.

mark-cuban-happy.gif

• Advertisement

I guess this puts the rumors of the Pacers trying to trade Roy to bed. Earlier this week. Roy, Larry and Kareem had dinner together and discussed how they would work together to help Roy improve his game.

Roy tweeted this picture
    BtMgvSuIAAANKr8.jpg

Dinner with @kaj33 and Larry was great. Loved hearing their stories. Learned so much and asked a lot of questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,670 ✭✭✭nerd69

I guess this puts the rumors of the Pacers trying to trade Roy to bed. Earlier this week. Roy, Larry and Kareem had dinner together and discussed how they would work together to help Roy improve his game.

Roy tweeted this picture
    BtMgvSuIAAANKr8.jpg

Dinner with @kaj33 and Larry was great. Loved hearing their stories. Learned so much and asked a lot of questions.

do you read anyone else's posts?

nerd69 wrote: »
    do you read anyone else's posts?

Yeah nothing else is happening in the NBA right now. Apart from Lebron's wife sending cupcakes Akron Neighbours

Jeff Goodman ✔ @GoodmanESPN

Chris Paul told ESPN that sitting out is a real possibility if Donald Sterling remains the owner at start of season.

To recap, Doc Rivers chose to coach in LA and Chris Paul signed a contract extension in LA while being owned by the widely known racist Donald Sterling. The racist Donald Sterling is then recorded making racist remarks and Paul/Rivers are threatening to sit out. Makes perfect sense.

When you're 29, it's always a great idea to willingly sit out games in the prime of your career........

Shooting yourself in the foot is not the best way to go about something like this. The league is doing all it can.

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Jeff Goodman ✔ @GoodmanESPN

Chris Paul told ESPN that sitting out is a real possibility if Donald Sterling remains the owner at start of season.

To recap, Doc Rivers chose to coach in LA and Chris Paul signed a contract extension in LA while being owned by the widely known racist Donald Sterling. The racist Donald Sterling is then recorded making racist remarks and Paul/Rivers are threatening to sit out. Makes perfect sense.

When you're 29, it's always a great idea to willingly sit out games in the prime of your career........

Shooting yourself in the foot is not the best way to go about something like this. The league is doing all it can.

Yeah they're all pretty wise after the fact now, playing to the gallery if you ask me.

It puts the Clipper players in a a difficult position. What are they supposed to do? If they play for this guy, They will be seen to accept his ownership. If they refuse to play, They are letting the fans down and hurting their chances to compete.

Its a dammed if you do, dammed if you don't situation.

Kobe's "I'd never play for him" comment beat all for me. The same man who would have signed for the Clippers if they hadn't traded Shaq in 2004. A time when Sterling's racist views were common knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

In stitches:pac:

"Andy Dufresne - who crawled through a river of **** and came out clean on the other side."

Melo:
    "I want to win. I don't care about the money," Anthony told ESPN.com.

Jesus wept.

• Advertisement

The Knicks made a fairly poor offer for Kevin Love too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement