Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

longboarding in ireland!

Options
  • 31-01-2007 2:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I made this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6jdq4UFLf0

Are there any longboarders in ireland? I am here for six months and I want some people to skate with. Let me know.

- M. McCabe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

sweet video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 invisiblewill

Hey man,
    I'm thinking of starting longboarding. What board would you recommend? Is there much difference with speed/control and so on? What do you think would be a decent board for cruising around on?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Thats a klass video dude,was not aware that there were many tricks that can be done on a long board..just goes to show...you learn something new everyday!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

I would like to get some skateboard to practise for surfing. Could be longboard better? Or shall I get some "normal" skateboard?

I don't want to spend a lot of money on it. Just to keep me fit and to train my balance.

Any info welcomed. Even about free older boards ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭JahEerie

If you're really lookin to 'cross-train' (dry land surf practice) I'd defo go for a longboard rather than a 'normal' skateboard.
    Longboards are more stable & closer to surfing (or even snowboarding) than a shorter board will be.

There are dozens of longboard companies out there & most skate/surf shops will stock somethin - Sector 9 & Arbour are 2 of the better names to look out for.

Not sure bout gettin a freebie, but I do know that the guy who runs Irish Snowboards is doing longboards too - you'll get his details at:

www.irishsnowboards.com

Cheers

JohnBoy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 IrishSnowboards

Hi,
    just a note for all you longboarders,
    i am now bringing in Arbor decks,
    they make great skate and longboards,:)
    check out either,
    arborsports.com
    or me at
    www.irishsnowboards.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 planetopeace

i've got sector nine superfish 38 inches with gullwing trucks and s9 wheels for sale 100 euros. used a couple of times. still looking brand new.

schnetski02, are you still looking for someone to skate with? where would you normally skate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I made this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6jdq4UFLf0

Are there any longboarders in ireland? I am here for six months and I want some people to skate with. Let me know.

- M. McCabe

hey man what part of ireland you living in? roads arnt that great in this country.... nive vid....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

The OP posted that nearly 3.5 years ago!

I do a bit of downhill longboarding in Phoenix Park near the old military fort. Try Kyber Rd (Closed footpath) or Military Rd (Open to cars) the are great spots for speed runs...

S.

• Advertisement

i didnt notice that, I dont mind uncoming taffic they slow down ;)

wouldn't it be nice if longboarders meet up one day for a fun run/skate in pheonix park? i'm sure there are loads out there but not so visible.

wouldn't it be nice if longboarders meet up one day for a fun run/skate in pheonix park? i'm sure there are loads out there but not so visible.

It would be sweet where abouts in the park :D...?

Im game i gots the time, and It sounds like fun... :)
    what part of the phenox park ? maybe a early sunday morning when there's not to many people on the roads/ foot path which is a good thing... :pac:

We've about 6-7 lads in our group and go up around 8pm twice a week, if you see our motley crew, just come over and say hi.

S.

that sounds cool...we'll have to organize something. i'm working this weekend. maybe next sunday but not in the morning, 8pm might be good for me. we'll have to come up with something. sun is shining and the weather is sweet. and morning session is cool for me but not the next sunday. some sundays hopefully.

Count me in and send me PM, please, I am not on Boards daily. My longboard is getting rusty so far :-/ Must get out as soon as possible.
    Phoenix park cycle lanes are brilliant for long cruises, especially when the sun is going down late in the evening.

What a beautiful morning, thanks for motivation, I will try to get the board out today for the first time this year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭zippygirl

Hey hey!
    Longboarding in Ireland sounds cool, but longboarding in Holland, that is AWESOME! Flat lands and "better" weather!
    :D GO FOR IT!

Any rides for this weekend?

i wish i could do it this weekend but i can't coz of band practice.how about during the week? i have seen a spot in pheonix park,just small hill for carving.

• Advertisement

Carving? Not for me ;-) But I'd like to learn a lot, at least how to enjoy it more and more.

ThOnda wrote: »
    Carving? Not for me ;-) But I'd like to learn a lot, at least how to enjoy it more and more.

carvings for every body... :)

lets hope it drys soon... :D

Any plans for Thursday or coming days?

hey guys, are you free on monday? june 14? if the weather is good? phoenix park i suppose? what time are u free?

After work, at about 7 PM. I am ready and waiting ;)

you ride downhill thonda? my board set up ain't for DH. i just cruise mostly flatlands. trying to learn cross step. but i just want to enjoy my ride. nothing crazy.

Downhill? Me? No way! I am glad to stay on board while braking :D

gotta skate again one of these nice days,who's in?

I am sorry, too busy with funny things (surfing, work, concerts, kayaking, travel). The soonest free evening would be Sunday.

• Advertisement

Went for a speed run yesterday and clocked 54kmph on the Khyber cycle lane.....

Great fun, but a little scary at the end when a dog started running towards me!

Advertisement