Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Love Ireland

Options
  • 27-03-2016 8:35pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

I dropped out of secondary school. I have no degree (you don't need one to make money or get laid), but I thought myself how to lay granite and tile flooring. I make an excellent living and have no student loan to pay off.

Then again, I knew my school teachers were a shower of **** and I went my own path.

Ireland has given me a wonderful life. Because I ignored the unwritten RTE social engineering rule book and made my own.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭melissak

I love Ireland. There are things that could be better and we like to moan about but it could be a lot worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Me too. I'd like to get laid more often though :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ClovenHoof

I am not making fun of the chap who started the I Hate Ireland thread. I am just pointing out there are LOADS of ways to live well in this country.

Mind Control bull**** on RTE News like kids in euphoria upon getting their Leaving results creates a very false reality of human existence in this country for many people. Then they subconsciously spend the rest of their lies trying to make their mammy's proud of them, when they should be focussed on their own personal contentment.

I wish the chap well. But he is too focussed on doing what he expects RTE to want him to do with his life. This is root cause of his anguish.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭gumbo1

Had a few beers have we? Pondering your self righteousness?
    There's many people, like you, that have dropped out of school at various ages and have done well for themselves. I know several people that haven't got a second level or third level qualifications and are doing pretty well, this might surprise you but a lot of them are in ireland, some are on foreign soil, but never the less they're doing well.
    With all that said I must say fair play to you for being self educated in your field of choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

I fcuking LOVE Ireland!

I LOVE her people and all they have done for the world.

I LOVE you all AH!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

ClovenHoof wrote: »

Ireland has given me a wonderful life. Because I ignored the unwritten RTE social engineering rule book and made my own.

What in the name of Twink are you talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

I fcuking LOVE Ireland!

I LOVE her people and all they have done for the world.

I LOVE you all AH!

Steddy on old chap we here you :P:D;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

melissak wrote: »
    I love Ireland. There are things that could be better and we like to moan about but it could be a lot worse.
    The thing is there is really no reason why Ireland can't be even better, I really hope the 1916 commemorations inspire people to help this country push on and fulfill it's potential

gumbo1 wrote: »
    Had a few beers have we? Pondering your self righteousness?
    There's many people, like you, that have dropped out of school at various ages and have done well for themselves. I know several people that haven't got a second level or third level qualifications and are doing pretty well, this might surprise you but a lot of them are in ireland, some are on foreign soil, but never the less they're doing well.
    With all that said I must say fair play to you for being self educated in your field of choice.

My work takes me into people's home and I experience on a daily basis, the tremendous decency and kindness of Irish people. There are so many wonderful people in this country.

Not civil servants mind. Most of them are ***** and I won't work for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

What an odd way to have a cut off RTE

But yeah Ireland fcuk yeah!

Guinness, Tayto, blood sacrifice, communion money, GAA, red lemonade, immersion lolz, Fr Ted, boards.ie, not being a unionist, zero tolerance to potholes, TV3.

Winning the lottery of life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭powerstar

I love Ireland and it's every thing to me

Steddy on old chap we here you :P:D;)

I love you the most Mousey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

To be fair, we're a great little nation, with deep and rich heritage, history, spirituality, ingenuity, compassion, resourcefulness and fun.

Many worse places to be from. Proud, and lucky to be Irish. Feck the nay sayers and begrudgers!!!!

I would also advise any young people reading this to go to Tech and get a trade/skills that people always need.

Ignore making you mammy proud by getting a degree.

Serious. Life is full of more options if you are not competing with your cousin who is in Uni.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

I love Ireland, used to be very proud to call myself Irish, but I hate to see what Irish people have done to their fellow citizens in recent years. Everyone prepared to screw others for their personal benefit and shag the consequences. Maybe it has always been that way and I didn't notice

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

I like Ireland as a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭rsh118

I love it more and I have a massive student loan and followed the RTE Social Path of Doom mentioned above.

I win! Lock thread.

Serious. Life is full of more options if you are not competing with your cousin who is in Uni.

There are also plenty of great jobs to be had if you're a graduate. Not everyone can be a plasterer. We need people who can ****e on about the Normans and the Emergency.

Maybe it has always been that way and I didn't notice

Or, maybe it doesn't exist and you're pulling this out of your arse?

rsh118 wrote: »
    I love it more and I have a massive student loan and followed the RTE Social Path of Doom mentioned above.

I win! Lock thread.

Yeah well, if I matched Ireland on Tinder, I'd bang it!

Go Ireland! Ya hooure ye!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

No offense mate, but you seem to have a serious chip on your shoulder about 3rd level education. And what other people think of you. And civil servants. And RTE.

Especially RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭WoolyJumper

I went to college but never watched RTE cause who watches that ****e. Also no college loan cause it's Ireland and higher education is reasonably cheap. So yeah, Irelands grand like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I would also advise any young people reading this to go to Tech and get a trade/skills that people always need.

Ignore making you mammy proud by getting a degree.

Definitely agree about ignoring the mammy. Do something that interests you in life, not what people tell you should interest you.

Yeah well, if I matched Ireland on Tinder, I'd bang it!

Go Ireland! Ya hooure ye!

That's nothing! I still fancied her while she was broken down and homeless on the side of the EU road in 2010.

Eiré abu! Game. Set. Match. Fact. Because I did it in gaelige.

rsh118 wrote: »
    That's nothing! I still fancied her while she was broken down and homeless on the side of the EU road in 2010.

Eiré abu! Game. Set. Match. Fact. Because I did it in gaelige.

Sure I remember when she accepted Punts!

I have been on her, in her, around her and above her. I've been up the top of her and down the bottom of her.

I wear her flag, I have worked for her, bled for her, would kill for her and die for her and the only thing I want in return is to be able to call myself an Irishman.

Sure I remember when she accepted Punts!

I have been on her, in her, around her and above her. I've been up the top of her and down the bottom of her.

I wear her flag, I have worked for her, bled for her, would kill for her and die for her and the only thing I want in return is to be able to call myself an Irishman.

I'd crawl a mile over broken glass, through pits of fire, headphones playing Daniel O'Donnell songs glued into my ears just to watch Nationwide.

And when I was done then I'd die for her, and eat crubeens just to smell the scent of someone who'd call themselves an Irishman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

donvito99 wrote: »
    Or, maybe it doesn't exist and you're pulling this out of your arse?

Well that abusive response to an honest opinion reinforces my post.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭melissak

The thing is there is really no reason why Ireland can't be even better, I really hope the 1916 commemorations inspire people to help this country push on and fulfill it's potential

I hope so too. Let 2016 be the year for fulfilling some of Ireland potential, for working together as a country to find solutions instead of the constant pissing and moaning about problems and harping on over things that happened decades ago to distract us all from what is happening now. That would be nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

I love Ireland. On the 23 May 2015 I found out Ireland loved me back, and I loved it even more.

Advertisement