Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomb Raider : Angel of Darkness

Options
  • 01-07-2003 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭

Was this supposed to be out today?
    Everything I'd read said "July 4th", but when I strolled past Game on my lunch, I saw a really crappy hand-written sign in the window saying "NEW TOMB RAIDER GAME OUT TODAY", with little stars around the "Today", to add that touch of glamour we all expect with TR games.

Anyway, I've battled with it for a couple of hours now, and I'm not really enjoying it. The stealth aspect hasn't really been used to any great effect, and when it does come into play, the controls seem to actually work against the sneaking. Or perhaps that's just me not being used to playing a Tomb Raider game with camera-relative controls, as opposed to the previous character-relative controls (with no option to switch between the two). There's also no sense of free-roaming adventure. The entire game plays like it's on a whole load of rails, leave one, and you're onto another. So I feel like I'm basically stumbling through the game, not entirely sure where I'm supposed to be going, or what exactly I'm supposed to be doing, cursing the sudden-death syndrome that's surrounding the entire thing.

Also - I've taken a look at the 'Making Of' from the extras and seen some of the things coming up later on in the game. I'm not entirely sure I want to keep playing now.

Maybe if I was actually Raiding a Tomb, I'd feel better about the whole thing.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

It annoyed me so much in the first few mins that i have gone back to reading Harry Potter, cant see my self getting in to it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Hmm suprised your playing it atm, it was suposed to come out last friday but is after being pushed back to 4th of july were i work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

as the lads said it is out. I saw it in game yesterday. I've seen a few tv adverts too. I dunno if i really want to go out and buy it. That last tombraider gaem i played(tombraider chronicles) i really just got completely bored with, so i don't think i'll be getting it. Maybe i might play it if i get a loan of it off my friend, but i don't think i could bothered with it really.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Game in Dublin has been selling it since Tuesday…

http://gamire.com/gamire/newsitem?id=500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Sod Tomb Raider! Eyetoy is out today!

Wooo Eyetoy wooooooo :)

I went into Curry's up the road last weekend looking for something completely unrelated and ended up spending 20 minutes in front of their Eyetoy demo pod making a knob of myself. It's just so much god damned fun :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Uh.. bit of a n00b question..

Do Game (etc.) still do that deal where you can return a game after 7 (or is it 10?) days, no questions asked? I've had enough of Tomb Raider, and I think I'd much rather have, as Shinji suggested, the EyeToy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

not like shinji to make a nob of himself at all...

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Originally posted by ObeyGiant
    Uh.. bit of a n00b question..

Do Game (etc.) still do that deal where you can return a game after 7 (or is it 10?) days, no questions asked? I've had enough of Tomb Raider, and I think I'd much rather have, as Shinji suggested, the EyeToy.
    They do indeedy.
    The eyetoy rocks! greatest cause of me making a f*ckwit of myself in work ever! buy one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭shinzon

Spent 60 euro yesterday cause core were promising something completely different, a more darker experience, what a load of twaddle, same thing better graphics

Sigh, teaches me to believe advertising

Regards

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yeah that pretty much what i expected. What happend to the the bit where u supposed to trian her, and that u have to buys guns and stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I absolutely loved the first TR game but didn't like any of the games after it (well I gave up on the series after TR3)

I think Tomb Raider got crap when they took you out of thre tombs and put you in oil tankers and military instalations. It just completely lost all the sense of wonder, adventure and fascination that had me glued to Tomb Raider 1.

Advertisement