Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nissan Navara knocking

Options
  • 03-02-2016 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I have a 2011 navara , the 4x4 icon was flashing on the dash while in 2w drive - so when I stopped I just changed it into 4x4 to see if it would get rid of flashing , now there is a mad serious knocking when I try to drive it , forward or reverse , and does not change back to 2WD...anyone help ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

DO NOT drive it anymore. It could be stuck in 4x4 mode and if so, driving it on the road could seriously damage the driveline and axles.

When in 4x4 mode, all 4 wheels want to drive. When this is done on bitumen, the wheels can't "slip" when turning corners and it causes the axles to twist or bind up. It can snap axles and cause other very expensive damage to the diffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 iveski

Thanks , I didn't drive it since - figured it to be serious - I am getting it lifted to nissan in the morning - will post back to update

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭9935452

iveski wrote: »
    Thanks , I didn't drive it since - figured it to be serious - I am getting it lifted to nissan in the morning - will post back to update

If you wanted to save on the cost of getting it towed, you could probably take off a drive shaft.

Advertisement