Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our trip to Rwanda

Options
  • 02-03-2015 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I was in Rwanda last month for a couple of weeks, have written up an account of it here, beautiful country, would highly recommend it

Rwanda? Why Rwanda??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

Nice write up, I was there a couple of years ago as well but unfortunately not for as long, fantastic and beautiful country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

awesome read, thank you for the bloody detailed effort joxer

• Registered Users Posts: 13,259 ✭✭✭✭fits

Great blog!

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

I'd second that- such a beautiful country. And it's so clean! I couldn't get over how clean it was even the rural areas (considering I came there from a very dirty city).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭realitykeeper

Joxer_S wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I was in Rwanda last month for a couple of weeks, have written up an account of it here, beautiful country, would highly recommend it

Rwanda? Why Rwanda??
    I have been there several times. Kigali is much cleaner than Cork or Dublin. Very safe day and night. People there work so hard, show such gratitude and abide hardships with a smile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭HughWotMVIII

I am sorry for dredging up an old thread but as a Rwandan, it warms my heart to hear such lovely things said about Rwanda. Thanks for posting OP.

I am going to be in Rwanda for another four months and if any of you happen to pass through between now and the end of May, I'd be happy to host and show you around.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 brendash

Great blog, trying to organise a trip to Rwanda in September, can you tell me if you organised the Gorilla trek yourself or what tour group did you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭HughWotMVIII

brendash wrote: »
    Great blog, trying to organise a trip to Rwanda in September, can you tell me if you organised the Gorilla trek yourself or what tour group did you use?

I know you didn't ask me but I am in Kigali so I thought I'd chime in if it helps.

You don't need a tour group. It's as simple as flying into the country, going to Rwanda Development Board tourism office, getting a ticket and hiring a car to Musanze where the gorillas are. Once you're there, there are assigned guides for every gorilla family.

Hiring a car to Musanze costs about 100 dollars a day with a driver and about 40 if you drive yourself.

Gorilla trekking prices have gone up to 1500$. In Uganda they are still at 750$.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kargaaaaa

wow great blog, I wish I could go there too

Advertisement