Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

efibre

Options
  • 17-01-2016 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi can anyone tell me how I can check to see if eir will be launching efibre in my area soon I'm in kilmuckridge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/wexford/

I wouldn't hold out much hope of Eircom anytime soon for Kilmuckridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kersean

Thanks for the reply. I see it's in the planned section not sure if that means there looking into doing it soon.i was told it was meant to be rolled out early this year but haven't found any evidence of this online although I've seen a lot of eir and kn vans at the exchange lately

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

kersean wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I see it's in the planned section not sure if that means there looking into doing it soon.i was told it was meant to be rolled out early this year but haven't found any evidence of this online although I've seen a lot of eir and kn vans at the exchange lately

If you see a new smaller cabinet installed then it's on the way.

I'm in Riverchapel and we had six official launch dates for efibre before it finally rolled out eighteen months later. Eircom are notorious for making promises they can't keep, that's why I say don't hold your breath, t
    Onhe fact that it"s not even in the build stage is not good news. Where is your local exchange and how far from it do you live, these are factors which will influence the date?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kersean

The exchange is in the middle of the village.im about a half kilometre away if not less

• Advertisement

Keep an eye out for KN vans working in the vicinity of the exchange, that's how we knew things were moving. The fact you're so close means you should have no problem getting good bandwidth speeds when it does launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭thedarkroom

See if you can found out where the cabinet is connected to and where the main exchange is located. If you have a phone line already and you are located between the cabinet and the exchange then you have some chance.
    If you know of anyone connected to efibre and you are located between them and the exchange and the cabinet is within about 800m by road then you should give it a go. Even if the link above says that it is not available to you, this is not always true, you just need to huddle for it. If there are people nearby with it then it then it is in the area. It is literally down to swapping around a few cables if the will is there.
    You should approach you neighbours and see if there are others in close proximity who would subscribe if it was available. If you got around six to 10 names and then went to Eir and hassle them continuously you might succeed.
    Use Twitter, Facebook, Boards, their online chat (every week!!), phone them, email, etc etc. Keep up the pressure. Tell them you can't work from home as the current broadband speed is inadequate for large file traffic. Don't be abusive or aggressive, be pleasant but assertive. Nothing will close the door faster than someone who gets thick with them.
    If there's any chance and efibre is nearby then it will work. I got it and got eight of us connected. It too a few months but we got it and it's great. We're connected to the Courtown exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

Kilmuckridge will have VDSL from the exchange (note "e" in name of node 
    KMU1_E01) , so there is no point in looking for cabinets. Limited to about 1.5km or so from the exchange. Looking at that map there are blue lines for ftth, but that'll be nearer 2020. The one thing about exchange based vdsl is that there are no issues with getting way leaves for vdsl cabinets and electricity supply etc. Some areas in Dublin don't have vdsl because 1 person objected to the location of a cabinet!
    I'd say it'd be mid summer at the earliest before anyone in Kilmuckridge gets VDSL!

Advertisement