Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ITV Encore

Options
  • 24-01-2015 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Sorry if this has already been posted but I'm new! Can anyone tell me the new code for ITV Encore, I have it stored as 10891 H 22 5/6 but is telling me that the programs are unavailable. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

ITV Encore
    10891 H DVB-S QPSK 22000 5/6

Encore+1
    10906 V DVB-S QPSK 22000 5/6

Encore HD
    11068 V DVB-S2 8PSK 23000 2/3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Maizie Mo

Thank you Gerry but none of those work. I already have the first code you give stored. They all say "program not available"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

You do realise they are encrypted not FTA?

I have no idea what that means! I have entered and stored many channels and this is the only one I'm having a problem with

PS what am I doing wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭mike2084

ITV Encore is blocked to Ireland unfortunately.

If you have a HD sub you can view it through other channels, likewise for Channel 5 HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭alexanderomahon

Only HD works for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Can the Mods move this thread to the Satellite forum please?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Moved to satellite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Is ITV Encore availabale on Freesat and if so does anyone know the channel number please?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

livEwirE wrote: »
    Is ITV Encore availabale on Freesat and if so does anyone know the channel number please?

no not on freesat but its similar to itv3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

ftakeith wrote: »
    no not on freesat but its similar to itv3

Okay cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 gayleard

Is ITV Encore available on Sky+ in Ireland

gayleard wrote: »
    Is ITV Encore available on Sky+ in Ireland

no

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭paulhardman

ftakeith wrote: »
    no

If you have a HD sub, ITV Encore HD will work in the Other Channels section, but you can't record or pause.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

If you have a HD sub, ITV Encore HD will work in the Other Channels section, but you can't record or pause.

That hasn't been true for quite some time now. ITV Encore HD gives an error saying the programme is not available to anyone using an Irish viewing card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Didn't work for me with a hd sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

lertsnim wrote: »
    That hasn't been true for quite some time now. ITV Encore HD gives an error saying the programme is not available to anyone using an Irish viewing card.

itv Encore has never been made available on the Sky Digital Ireland (ROI) platform along with most (if not all) of the other channels from the itv network which can be manually added. Once the itv network gets final clearance for the takeover of UTV Ireland from UTV Media plc expected to be completed by the end of the first quarter of 2016, this will probably be the only channel owned by itv appearing on the Sky Ireland EPG. All the other itv channels may be added manually except for itv Encore!

itv Encore has always been a pay channel from itv and is exclusive to Sky Digital UK subscribers only and so is not possible to manually tune in via Other Channels at this time. If there was a limited period that HD subscribers of Sky Digital here in the Republic of Ireland had briefly managed to gain access to itv Encore then this was probably not intended.

I suspect Sky Ireland would also have heavily promoted the availability of itv Encore within a certain package or as an add-on if they could but this channel has probably only secured UK rights to broadcast their programming content. There may also have been objections from TV3 Ireland back in 2014 over any of itv's channels appearing on the Sky Ireland epg which meant itv Encore saw little point in paying more money to acquire Ireland rights when the channel was first sourcing material for broadcast on the channel. Of course, this may change in the future if itv is allowed purchase UTV Ireland and if itv network keeps an active interest in the medium to long term in the Republic of Ireland.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITV_Encore

Of course pages from Wikipaedia are open to errors and incorrect details from time to time but you get the general idea.

Interesting to note from the above Wikipaedia page that Sky Digital Subscribers who can access the internet streaming APP. Sky Go may be able to pull up itv Encore as it seems to state UK and Ireland however; I am unable to confirm if this actually works in practice as I stopped subscribing to Sky Digital some years ago when so many other channels were going Free-To-Air on digital satellite.

I do know one may also be able to access itv Encore via other streaming Apps and devices too. You just need to visit other forum threads that provide information on devices such as Android Boxes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

itv Encore has never been made available on the Sky Digital Ireland (ROI) platform along with most (if not all) of the other channels from the itv network which can be manually added.

Did I say otherwise? No I didn't.

There are plenty of programmes on the ITV channel on the Sky On Demand service that can be downloaded and viewed, lots of them with the ITV Encore label!

zorro2566 wrote: »
    There are plenty of programmes on the ITV channel on the Sky On Demand service that can be downloaded and viewed, lots of them with the ITV Encore label!

you have to subscribe to sky boxed sets to access itv encore and some of the content is uk only

lertsnim wrote: »
    Did I say otherwise? No I didn't.

If you have any other queries on this topic whatsoever, please do not hesitate to ask as I suspect that most people on here will be glad to share their knowledge and expertise with you. Remember, no question is a stupid question at the end of the day ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

AwaitYourReply and Lertsnim cut it out please

Advertisement