Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mass shooting at Planned Parenthood centre, Colorado

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭masti123

Conservative Logic: Life is precious. Now let's shoot inside a Planned Parenthood & try to kill people because only abortion is murder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

kneemos wrote: »
    Religious fruitcake possibly.

Atheists can be pro life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

newacc2015 wrote: »
    No he is doing God's work. Christian nut jobs seriously think by killing abortion doctors and blowing up abortion clinics, that it is morally right and justified.

Thankfully it's a small number of murders/violent incidents associated with such people - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-abortion_violence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

No. Air strikes will make it better.

Air strikes, the Gripe Water of violence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,418 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

my friend wrote: »

Hard to be fanatical about nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

I think there was a law passed or something to prevent people harassing people going in and out of these places. Could be related to that.

We should have a database of pro life people. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭YungKeo

Killing the unborn is wrong, lets prove our point by killing fully grown people instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,736 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Shooter in custody.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,736 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

masti123 wrote: »
    Conservative Logic: Life is precious. Now let's shoot inside a Planned Parenthood & try to kill people because only abortion is murder.

Mentally ill as that is not logic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

We really should stop immigration of Christians from the region.

Why? Christians are not generally known these days for their zeal for murder of innocent people, unlike another specific religion we could mention. If this guy is killing people in the name of Christianity, I think it's pretty safe to say it's an anomaly, and not something we generally need to worry about from other people of the same line of faith.

If we end up with Christians on the news every other week beheading or suicide-bombing people in the name of their religion, then you will have a point.

Has it been announced whether this guy's motives are religious or are people just jumping to assumptions?

Has it been announced whether this guy's motives are religious or are people just jumping to assumptions?

Leaps of faith in the literal sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,418 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Assumptions have made it true.

Tune in next week when we assume Lotto numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

The mod instructions on jumping to conclusions not so strong these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

The mod instructions on jumping to conclusions not so strong these days.

moderate Moderators :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

my friend wrote: »

I doubt many atheists would identify as 'pro life' in the context of debate about the subject.

Being opposed to abortion in any circumstance is only 'pro life' in the eyes of those who choose to ignore science and facts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Pro-lifer killing people at a family planning clinic?

Don't think the gunman really thought this one through logically.

+1

I swear sometimes it's like the whole concept of irony never made it across the Atlantic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Why? Christians are not generally known these days for their zeal for murder of innocent people, unlike another specific religion we could mention.
    Actually Christians have done that plenty even in recent times, it's just that the media in other Christian countries doesn't report it as much. Just look at the fundamentalist Lords Resistance Army, who have killed over 100,000 and led to the displacement of millions over the last 25-30 years, you don't hear of them very often.

• Site Banned Posts: 167 ✭✭Yakkyda

Ah, it is pretty commonplace there though, in fairness

Yeah, Ireland hasn't had any domestic terrorism threats/bombs/scares in the past 40 fcukin years...

Also has one of the most active bomb squads in western Europe, per head of population I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 167 ✭✭Yakkyda

I'll also be voting to repeal the amendment in the constitution that gives government the right to say whether a pregnancy should be carried to full term despite a the fact that the child will have no quality of life or survive at all . It's ridiculous and outdated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭S.O

If guns weren,t so easily available in the United states incidents such as whats happened could be better avoided, there are videos I have watched on youtube of the hardcore anti abortion protesters confronting women going into family planning clinics in the Uk, that said we don,t see or hear about similar anti abortion violence/ shootings of people in the UK or other parts of Europe as guns aren,t so easily available compared with the USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

S.O wrote: »
    If guns weren,t so easily available in the United states incidents such as whats happened could be better avoided, there are videos I have watched on youtube of the hardcore anti abortion protesters confronting women going into family planning clinics in the Uk, that said we don,t see or hear about similar anti abortion violence/ shootings of people in the UK or other parts of Europe as guns aren,t so easily available compared with the USA.

Many of the previous attacks have been arson.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

MadsL wrote: »
    Many of the previous attacks have been arson.

if fire wasn't so easily available in the united states incidents such as what happened could have been avoided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

FortySeven wrote: »
    Wow, just, wow.

Never seen such a cheap shot levied with such speed.

Slow hand clap for you, r e a l s l o w.

Well you can't have lived much then
    You need to try and get out of the house a little bit mpre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Religion of pea... wait...

Yes, religion of Peace. Followed by some nut case.

Well you can't have lived much then
    You need to try and get out of the house a little bit mpre

Go read some of my post history dear, I've been round the block and back again. Tis funny, I got up early just to see if you had the nerve to answer, still clapping my hands for you!

A thread where people are being killed and you came straight in all guns blazing! A real charmer you are. Opinion so strong inside, Oh lord! Opinion inside so strong!

The only issue I have with abortion is that we can't do it later, like now, when you open your mouth and this type of ****e comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Religion of pea... wait...
    I suppose the difference is that nowhere in the bible/gospels is abortion condemned as a capital offense or even mentioned where as the Quran/hadith contain no shortage of justifications for murder and conquest.

Both traditions are utter nonsense of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

FortySeven wrote: »
    Go read some of my post history dear, I've been round the block and back again. Tis funny, I got up early just to see if you had the nerve to answer, still clapping my hands for you!

A thread where people are being killed and you came straight in all guns blazing! A real charmer you are. Opinion so strong inside, Oh lord! Opinion inside so strong!

The only issue I have with abortion is that we can't do it later, like now, when you open your mouth and this type of ****e comes out.

Imagine being so lonely and such a total loser that you jump out of bed on a Saturday morning to see if a stranger in cyberspace has replied to your post.
    Wow. Just wow.

• Advertisement

Imagine being so lonely and such a total loser that you jump out of bed on a Saturday morning to see if a stranger in cyberspace has replied to your post.
    Wow. Just wow.

Ha, you got me. Damn, good shot. Time to go kill myself now is it, :confused:

Hmm, a cheap shot from someone who wandered into an active shooter situation with a pro life leaflet in hand.

Oh, I was being sarcastic about the early rising, don't flatter yourself.

edit. deleted line. sorry OTT even for me. My apologies.

Advertisement