Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hey people

Options
  • 23-11-2015 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys and gals

Today i recieved a yellow card in connection to this comment.
    jayo26 wrote: »
    Same as kyrogen er sorry stringerbell said above its becase rooney hasnt been good enough more so then the lack if options but if he continues improving on his performance from the past few games he might be forgiven.

Now to an outsider i can see how this would be taken as a breach of rules which i do apologized for and have applologized to the moderator that have informed me of this breach but i do feel its a small bit unfair given the context as to which the comment was made.

first of all it was not made to be anyway maliscious and the poster i was reffering to has not tried to hide that he decided to change his name and account a few months ago i will explain how it came about.

a few days ago we were having a conversation in the united thread about chris smalling and one of the posters claimed that 3 year ago that he said chris smalling was going to be a top class defender ( which in fairness he has) to which the poster stringerbell replied we can all pull out those posts and gave a few examples where he had made the same quotes

the said quotes he was referring to were made by a very popular poster in the thread called kryogen who quiet alot of people including myself had liked and indeed missed.

a little while later another regular poster asked stringerbell was he kryogen and welcomed him back
    Pro. F wrote: »
    Are you Kryogen?!
    If so, welcome back

and then another little while later another popular poster in the thread also said welcome back to kryogen
    brinty wrote: »
    And legend lives on....

Welcome back Kryogen....

Missed around here you have been...

to which stringerbell replied
    Thank you Yoda! ;)

as you see it was stringerbell who outed himself in this instance and he was happy to be known that he changed his name and i was replying to him in a humoursome way this morning and in no way intend it in malice.

Stringerbell also has since sent me a pm to say he thought it was harsh i had recieved a yellow card as he has not tried to hide who he was and did not have any problem with my coment.

personally myself i regard myself to be one of the more mature posters in the soccer forum i dont go looking for arguments or to try rise rival fans indeed i have only once posted in a rival teams thread as i would prefer not to mix with such online as i dont come on here to argue. i have never previously had a card or even a warning of any extent.

hopefully you can take this explanation into consideration and look at my yellow card again.

thanks you jayo.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,279 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Just a reminder that unless you're the OP, a CMod, an admin or you have been specifically invited to post in this thread then you are not permitted to contribute and your post will be deleted.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,344 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OP have you discussed the card with the mod who issued it with a view to reaching agreement without resorting to starting a thread here? That's the first step in the dispute process as set out above. In particular have you mentioned the mitigating factors you set out above to the mod?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Beasty wrote: »
    OP have you discussed the card with the mod who issued it with a view to reaching agreement without resorting to starting a thread here? That's the first step in the dispute process as set out above. In particular have you mentioned the mitigating factors you set out above to the mod?

Hi there beasty thanks very much for getting back to me yes i have spoken to the moderator earlier and he advised me that i idnt give him enough to overturn the card so i could appeal i will quote his/her reply

"Ah right, thanks for getting back to me, appreciate you taking the time. Not enough for me to overturn the yellow unfortunately but the DRP may see things differently if you wish to appeal.

All the best,

DWW"

Just to make it clear i dont have any ill feeling against the mod he is just doing his job i just feel its very harsh to be given a yelow card for what ive outlined above and while ive never been agressive or confrontational in the football forums and i do believe that the regular moderators to the manchester united thread would back me up on that and would understand in what way i ment that particular comment.

Thanks,

Jayo.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Mod note:

@jayo26: The portion of your post quoting the PM from Dozen Wicked Words has been removed for the time being until consent has been clarified.

-Shield.

Shield wrote: »
    Mod note:

@jayo26: The portion of your post quoting the PM from Dozen Wicked Words has been removed for the time being until consent has been clarified.

-Shield.

No problem

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Thanks for your understanding.

Consent has now been obtained, and your post has been restored to include the PM from Dozen Wicked Words.

-Shield.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,344 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OK, just to clarify it's against site rules to openly speculate over re-reg identities which is why the mod acted in this case. However as the poster themselves appears to have freely acknowledged their prior ID I've agreed with the mod that this card can be rescinded

Beasty wrote: »
    OK, just to clarify it's against site rules to openly speculate over re-reg identities which is why the mod acted in this case. However as the poster themselves appears to have freely acknowledged their prior ID I've agreed with the mod that this card can be rescinded

No problems beasty thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement