Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night: Magny v Gastelum

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Gastelum via Submission
    Absolutely disgraceful corner and ref performance in that fight letting that go on,tough as they come jorgensen no quit in him must of been in agony.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Gamebred wrote: »
    Jorgensen loses here he'd wanna pack it in.

I wonder sometimes how many fights a certain fighter has to lose to get cut compared to others
    the last time I thought this about another fighter was paulo thiago who was clearly going nowhere before finally getting the chop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Gastelum via KO/TKO
    I hate this fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,827 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

this lad loses two and he'll be cut...sadly tonight wont be the start of that streak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Why is this 4 rounds?

• Advertisement

Gastelum via KO/TKO
    Hazys wrote: »
    Why is this 4 rounds?

Tuf final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Tuf final.

Most have been a typo as its gone back to 3 rounds on screen

Gastelum via KO/TKO

Yup. Thought they'd just gone mad for the latinos to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

This is just a dreadful fight for a close fight too

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Its 4 rounds if it goes to a draw, its to avoid the catastrophe that was the last TUF final where the fight ended a draw and they had to give them both a contract/prize.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Griffin & Bonnar hope they had a snigger at that....also only tuned into main card Jorgensen losing will b played back during the next break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Diego Sanchez is the Ric Flair of MMA. He'll still be fighting in ten years.

Flair-is-messed-up1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Gastelum via KO/TKO
    Magny just can't stop winning. 9-1 in his last 10 with a few wins on short notice, love the guy. Sanchez is just a warrior, doesn't stop coming forward. Pretty poor card overall, still don't think Jorgenson will get cut which is madness, should have been stopped as soon as he hurt himself but he said on twitter he told them not to stop it, dairy okay to Perez for not attacking the damaged area could have butchered him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

8 decisions in a row, thank Christ I fell asleep after the Fili/Benitez fight.

Watched it all back this morning and I had it 48-47 Gastelum in the main event. Interesting to see only one member of the media had the same score while 4 scored it 48-47 to Magny and 11 scored it a 47-47 draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Gastelum via KO/TKO
    Paully D wrote: »
    8 decisions in a row, thank Christ I fell asleep after the Fili/Benitez fight.

Watched it all back this morning and I had it 48-47 Gastelum in the main event. Interesting to see only one member of the media had the same score while 4 scored it 48-47 to Magny and 11 scored it a 47-47 draw.

I gave the first 3 to Neil & last two to Kelvin. 4th could have been a 10-8 but I scored it a 10-9 seems to be the general concensus with the media aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Rd 4 could have been a 10-8 but when Kelvin knocked Magney down Magney still had his wits about him and was immediately using his Jujitsu. I thought Magney deserved to win the fight, especially after fighting 5 rounds on 2 weeks notice. Kelvin started excelling when Magny got gassed.

Was also very suprised about how easily Magny was able to take Kelvin down. Great fight though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Gastelum via Submission
    Gastelum will never make the it to the very top anyways,guys coming in an beating him on short notice not to mention his awful diet habits.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,730 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Gamebred wrote: »
    Gastelum will never make the it to the very top anyways,guys coming in an beating him on short notice not to mention his awful diet habits.

To be honest, if he got the finger out, he'd make 155. He looks soft at 170.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Delighted for Magny, like watching him fight. I wish he could develop some decent kicks. It was a tight decision total swing of a fight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I was wincing bad during the Jorgenson fight, seeing his leg buckle like that was hard to watch. The ref should have stopped it.

Advertisement