Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford 6000 cd raidio locked

Options
  • 08-10-2015 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hey hoping someone can help me here.
    I've got a ford 6000 cd radio in my focus, last week I had the battery disconnected to do some work and when I reconnected it the radio asked me for a code, I put in what I thought was the right code too many times and now on the screen it just says " locked ".
    I've contacted a ford dealer and they have told me they can not unlock radios and I'd need to get another company to unlock it.
    Can anybody recommend a company that does this?

:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

What is written on display when you turn radio on . What year is the car .

Are you near to Galway ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Let it rest for a few days and try again as there could be a lock-out timer that gets longer and longer

The radio will not clear itself when LOCKED is on the display. This is considered to be a fault in the radio and a fault which can be repaired.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Silversun

Are you near to Galway ?

No I'm in Dublin

• Advertisement

What is written on display when you turn radio on . What year is the car .

It just says "locked" on the display.
    I've gone to ford with it and they said they can't help and I'd have to get some one to decode it...?

There is no problem to repair your radio but as you are in Dublin I cannot help you.

There is no problem to repair your radio but as you are in Dublin I cannot help you.

Thanks anyways.

Do you know of anywhere in Dublin that could fix this?

Anybody? =(

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Maybe try emailing o brien auto media in kimmage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Ford can do it. What garage(s) did you ask?

If you're anywhere near Clondalkin I know Lillis O'Donnell will do it for a tenner, or at least they used to the last time I was in their parts department, they even had a little sign up saying as much. :)

Sounds like you might have been fobbed off by whatever garage you went into, as they didn't want the hassle. It's not a difficult thing for them to do though.

dar83 wrote: »
    Ford can do it. What garage(s) did you ask?

If you're anywhere near Clondalkin I know Lillis O'Donnell will do it for a tenner, or at least they used to the last time I was in their parts department, they even had a little sign up saying as much. :)

Sounds like you might have been fobbed off by whatever garage you went into, as they didn't want the hassle. It's not a difficult thing for them to do though.

It was a garage in navan I was on to.
    I've actualy managed to get one more go at entering the code by holding down 6!
    Going to go get the code now somewhere and hope it works!
    Thanks for they help

Advertisement