Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugot 207 - Replace lens on a headlamp?

Options
  • 03-10-2015 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭

Had a tip this afternoon and broke the passenger side headlamp lens. The side-light bulb is gone too but that should just be a matter of replacing the bulb?

Anyone know if it's possible to replace the lens on one of these without having to replace the entire headlamp unit? Looking on micksgarage I'm only seeing full headlamps for sale.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

it's all one unit.

try partfinder.ie for used ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I thought that might be the case... put the request into partfinder earlier so hopefully someone'll get back to me on it. I'm assuming swapping the units should be doable for a total novice with a socket set?

They won't. You'll need to call them.
    Note there are at least 3 different types of 207 headlamp.

I got three responses from findapart this morning so hopefully one of them will be the right part. I included a photo of the headlamp in the parts request.

Any idea how I can identify the correct headlamp part number? Would you be able to identify it from this (crap) pic?
    364637.JPG

Been reading a few forums and apparently this is a bumper off job!? Seems insanely excessive for a headlight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

Get your tool out and remove the headlamp. The part number will be stamped on it.

there are basically 3 types

ones with projectors
    ones without projectors
    ones with cornering headlamps

yours are without projectors

I found a useful site for Peugeot, had to register as a business to use it but it was able to give me all the details of the car from the VIN: http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com

If anyone else ever needs to identify this headlight, it's part number 620897

Advertisement