Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MESSED UP GPA FRESHER? :-?

Options
  • 01-09-2015 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey everyone I am currently studying in ITT and I am going into second year in 2 weeks time.

My first year results from exams were not good I got a GPA of 2.63. However I put zero effort into studying for exams so only have myself to blame. Over the summer I have gotten the incentive to do well and I am going to try my hardest to get a 1.1 degree at the end of this 4 year course.

I am just wondering will it be possible to achieve this degree with my awful gpa of 2.63 from first year and if it is what is the minumum gpa I will have to get each year for the next 3 years?

thanks a million I would love if someone could take the time to reply!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nightowl190

HI messed up fresher just to let you know not to panic the GPA requirement for a degree is 2.2 you only need to pass exams at the first sitting if you want to do a year 4 honours degree also your GPA results for the last 6 months of year 3 are the results that they use to calculate your degree ... hope this puts your mind at ease

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LM14

thanks a million for reply @nightowl190 I know that a 2.2 is all that is required it's just that I really want to do better than that, so I didn't know that your GPA results for the last 6 months of year 3 are the results that they use to calculate your degree, is this for all colleges? I'm in IT Tallaght at the moment. so are results from every other semester not counted towards end degree? thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Just graduated from a 4 years hon degree in tallaght so will give you some relief :. got a 2.2 in 3rd year and a 2.1 in 4th year. My degree award is my 2.1 and is based on my 4th year award only (e.g semester 7 and 8) only

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

To answer the other part of your question I know plently of people who wasted 1st and 2nd year. Failed a ton of exams had gpas of 2.4 2.5. Knuckened down in 3rd and 4th year and got 2.2 or 2.1s. Very achievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LM14

Awh I understand now! Thank you so so much for your replies!! Suppose I'm better off starting now to lay the groundwork though thanks for the help 😀

• Advertisement
Advertisement