Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Clondalphian

Ordered my tickets for the Canada game on 31st March and they still haven't arrived. Status on the site still says "Purchased". Should I be worried?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Ordered my tickets for the Canada game on 31st March and they still haven't arrived. Status on the site still says "Purchased". Should I be worried?

Nope!

Tickets up again guys. Can't get any ticket into my basket though and I'm getting "an error occurred trying to add tickets to your basket." which is different to the usual, longer message explaining how tickets might be in other people's baskets etc...
    Anyone having same problem?

Just to be clear...I've tried putting a CAT A ticket for the Canada match (of which there are oodles left) in my basket and I get that error message.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

kuang1 wrote: »
    Just to be clear...I've tried putting a CAT A ticket for the Canada match (of which there are oodles left) in my basket and I get that error message.

Working fine for me anyway

Working fine for me anyway

Yeah phone's fault, sorted thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

OK.......first post in this thread I think. I am late to the party but I have booked flights to Liverpool Saturday morning 17th October for €38 return for the quarter final weekend in Cardiff (Ireland will be on either Saturday night or Sunday afternoon depending on results in group matches - assuming they do finish in top 2). Renting a campervan in Liverpool and driving to Cardiff, flying home from Liverpool Monday evening so I will be there for both matches anyway, whether I go to both or not I don't know. Problem now is leaving the campervan somewhere, does anyone know of anywhere made available for this? The usual campsite in Cardiff that everyone knows is booked solid for the last 8 months so that is out. Any ideas???? Rugby clubs etc.....

bmwguy wrote: »
    OK.......first post in this thread I think. I am late to the party but I have booked flights to Liverpool Saturday morning 17th October for €38 return for the quarter final weekend in Cardiff (Ireland will be on either Saturday night or Sunday afternoon depending on results in group matches - assuming they do finish in top 2). Renting a campervan in Liverpool and driving to Cardiff, flying home from Liverpool Monday evening so I will be there for both matches anyway, whether I go to both or not I don't know. Problem now is leaving the campervan somewhere, does anyone know of anywhere made available for this? The usual campsite in Cardiff that everyone knows is booked solid for the last 8 months so that is out. Any ideas???? Rugby clubs etc.....

Read back over the last few pages of this thread and you'll find your answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

kuang1 wrote: »
    Read back over the last few pages of this thread and you'll find your answer.

Thanks.....didnt fancy 100 odd pages of reading but if it is recent then I'll do that, but I think I know my answer

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭butters.scotch

Hey folks,

I want to go to the Italy match but there are no tickets available. Reckon they will become available again on the RWC site?

I was thinking of just going ahead and book flights and accommodation for the Saturday night. Risky? It'll hardly sellout though?

Rang a few package companies but they only do daily trips or 2 nighters. Just want to stay the Saturday night ��

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Hey folks,

I want to go to the Italy match but there are no tickets available. Reckon they will become available again on the RWC site?

I was thinking of just going ahead and book flights and accommodation for the Saturday night. Risky? It'll hardly sellout though?

Rang a few package companies but they only do daily trips or 2 nighters. Just want to stay the Saturday night ��

There'll be tickets up for it again, pretty sure there was today, just have to be online at the right time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

What's the best time to check for tickets guys? I'm in London for Nz Namibia and can't find tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Early morning I think, between 9 and 10. But they do seem to go up all the time.
    A quick glance at the site shows there is Cat A and B tickets for NZ Nam available at the moment.

TheDoctor wrote: »
    Early morning I think, between 9 and 10. But they do seem to go up all the time.
    A quick glance at the site shows there is Cat A and B tickets for NZ Nam available at the moment.

was only cat a this morning, I'm only willing to pay cat c for this game thou,

I think I'd have a good chance by the stadium too?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

was only cat a this morning, I'm only willing to pay cat c for this game thou,

I think I'd have a good chance by the stadium too?
    The problem you might come across is that the Italy game is the only decent Irish game actually in London so there could be a fair bit of demand. The stadium is smaller than Cardiff/Wembley as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

For the more popular games I think all that is being released now is resale tickets - they store up a couple of days worth of resale applications and list a bunch of them together. The first indication of the additional release today was when I got an email to say that tickets I listed the middle of last week had been sold. There doesn't seem to be much pattern though - the last bunch I got last week when I just happened to log in around 6.30pm before I left work.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭tall chapy

Just a heads for everyone.
    When I purchased my match tickets from RWC 2015, it said there is no charge for paying by debit card and guess what they still charged me even though I paid by debit card. I was meaning to get on to them for ages, looked for a contact email, there is no contact email only a UK number to ring. Called it the other week and was refunded the charge. So check your account and see if you were charged and if you paid by debit card, get on to them and get your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,041 ✭✭✭BKtje

Still waiting for these tickets. Having them sent home to Ireland before they get forwarded on to me here in Switzerland. Going to two games the opening weekend so they'd want to get a move on ;)

tall chapy wrote: »
    Just a heads for everyone.
    When I purchased my match tickets from RWC 2015, it said there is no charge for paying by debit card and guess what they still charged me even though I paid by debit card. I was meaning to get on to them for ages, looked for a contact email, there is no contact email only a UK number to ring. Called it the other week and was refunded the charge. So check your account and see if you were charged and if you paid by debit card, get on to them and get your money back.

What charge specifically are you referring to and how much was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Chipbutty

What do people think are the chances of the prices coming down for the Romania game? Is it worth holding out until closer to the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Chipbutty wrote: »
    What do people think are the chances of the prices coming down for the Romania game? Is it worth holding out until closer to the time?

There'll be no price changes.
    Its possible that in the background the A,B,C,D zones may change pushing more seats towards the cheaper categories, but no way will they go for the embarrassment of publicly reducing prices (not to mention how much it would annoy earlier purchasers).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

There'll be no price changes.
    Its possible that in the background the A,B,C,D zones may change pushing more seats towards the cheaper categories, but no way will they go for the embarrassment of publicly reducing prices (not to mention how much it would annoy earlier purchasers).

I hope not, I have a Cat C ticket for the Romania game for resale for a friend who can't go (doesn't help that it's a single ticket) and if they go creating more C tickets then mine could be sitting idle without selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Manofthewest

Just a heads up to those travelling to London for the Romania match. If you are flying into Stansted and getting the Stansted Express into London Liverpool Street, the 30 Day Advance return at £16 will double from today. So a nice saving! Same goes for the Italy match in a weeks time. Book early!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Just a heads up to those travelling to London for the Romania match. If you are flying into Stansted and getting the Stansted Express into London Liverpool Street, the 30 Day Advance return at £16 will double from today. So a nice saving! Same goes for the Italy match in a weeks time. Book early!!

Good tip, I was going to go through Stansted and get that transfer but flying from Edinburgh meant I could get to London City airport for roughly the same.

How do I get from Gatwick to London?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

Another release this morning for those still looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

we are flying into London Luton Airport for the Romania game, and we are staying in the Euston/kIngs cross area. Would we need to pre purchase train/bus tickets to get from the airport into the centre of London?

Henwin wrote: »
    we are flying into London Luton Airport for the Romania game, and we are staying in the Euston/kIngs cross area. Would we need to pre purchase train/bus tickets to get from the airport into the centre of London?

You might save a few quid buying now but it's not necessary. The Thameslink service between the airport and the city is pretty regular and will drop you at St Pancras.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,790 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Absolutely do not get the Gatwick Express unless you're in a serious hurry. Much cheaper to go via London Bridge.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It's not even that much faster to get it these days - the fastest Southern (non-Gatwick Express) trains get to Victoria in 37-40 minutes, and it's often more convenient depending on your onward connections to get the Thameslink train to St Pancras or London Bridge anyway.

Advertisement