Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timetables

Options
  • 18-08-2015 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

UL got their timetables last week as far as I know, for their 17,000 odd students. Any idea when ours will be out? My work rota is done a month in advance, the later it comes it, the more stressful this becomes. :mad::eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

It's usually the week before you go back!

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep MISU Office

Intouch9 wrote: »
    UL got their timetables last week as far as I know, for their 17,000 odd students. Any idea when ours will be out? My work rota is done a month in advance, the later it comes it, the more stressful this becomes. :mad::eek:

Hi Intouch,

UL's official timetable does not come out until one week before term time, the timetable they have received now is a provisional which goes through a consultation period for as few weeks as they need to be contacted about scheduling errors from staff and students alike (due to size of student population and size of campus, amount of rooms etc). Once this period is over they then receive an official timetable the week before the term starts - which often is completely different from the ones they receive initially. Ourselves and UL are linked by academic degree only so their timetable process has no bearing whatsoever on when ours come out and as we're smaller there is no need for the same consultation period as UL or any of the bigger colleges.

To answer the question in relation to our timetable we have been trying to get an answer on when ours will be out since last week with no luck as yet, we will however keep pushing to see if we can find out a release date for you. Historically it is usually a week and a half to two weeks before term starts. Our best advice is to explain to your employers that your college hours are 9am-6pm Monday to Thursday and 9am-3/4pm on Fridays and that you will be able to give them a more definitive schedule at the end of August (probably in the next week or two)

Hope this helps and apologies we can't provide more information but as soon as we receive the timetables from Student Services we will post to our Facebook and website.

If you have any other questions feel free to give us a shout.

• Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep MISU Office

Advertisement