Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IAAF Fantasy League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭Sacksian

Good win for Kiplagat - wasn't sure he'd hold everyone off, they were really lining up behind him, and a good race by Blankenship

This league has been great for my knowledge of field events so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭NetwerkErrer

Bondarenko looks in great form. Come on Barshim!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Awesome by James

dna_leri wrote: »
    Awesome by James

Wasn't expecting him to dominate like that. Savage run!

3 out of 3 for 45pts so far. Good start!

down to the last 2 in HJ
    Early fail for Barshim might be critical
    238 up next

• Advertisement

Don't think Bondarenko felt confident in clearing 2.41 with only 2 jumps. I'd say he wanted to clear 2.38 and get 3 shots at 2.41. That's the only reason I can think of anyway.

Some performance from Birech. Absolutely dominant.

Malachowski won with 64.45

Ibargeun won the TJ with a 16.85. Rypakova 3rd

A few winners with Birech, Sum, Oliver, James and Barshim.
    More second and thirds in field events.

7 winners,1 2nd and a 3rd for me.

Aires Merritt and Schwaintz were the only ones who didn't win.

Some performance from Ayana.I thought the World record was in danger with a lap to go.

Picked up 197pts. Wasn't expecting that.

Six wins and 3 2nds - really thought the LJ might have been another win, but Menkov's 5th round jump took it by a cm.

Ayana's 5000m was immense.

Think there's another men's steeplechase in Eugene too.

• Advertisement

7 winners,1 2nd and a 3rd for me.

Aires Merritt and Schwaintz were the only ones who didn't win.

Some performance from Ayana.I thought the World record was in danger with a lap to go.

Picked up 197pts. Wasn't expecting that.

:o 167pts actually, my mistake.

Standings after 2 rounds:
    349154.JPG

Next Diamond League Event is this weekend in Eugene with some events on Friday evening and most on Saturday so make your team changes by Friday. New participants welcome.

I see Anaya has withdrawn from a head-to-head with Dibaba but still lots of hard to call events.
    The 5K and 10K events on Friday are not part of Diamond League but will be worth watching, including Farah up against seven sub-27 runners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Notwork Error

Phew! Cut that tight for a team.

Some great events there last night.
    Meeting records for Dibaba, Barshim, Gatlin, Lavillenie, Kemboi and Womens TJ.
    Be interesting to see how points get assigned for Ibarguen - she beat the meet record but wind was not legal so probably no bonus points.
    I had Birech in 3KSC who broke MR but only got 2nd.
    Had Dibaba captain so was hoping for successful WR attempt.
    I could not bring myself to pick Gatlin again - would have had to change my team name again too.

NE - I don't see you in Letsrun league? I see "the stars of T&F" there.
    I'm in top ten there - just goes to prove how little those guys really know or care about T&F.

I think I got my selection right, apart from the women's javelin but I was let down by Birech, and the wind in the triple jump.

Where can I appeal the wind readings?? Ibarguen was my team captain so the difference between legal and illegal wind makes 30 points difference to my score.

I'll just have to bide my time until you guys forget to update your teams at some stage. Anyway, both of you can relax now and there's certainly no need to check or change your teams in the next week.

7 winners, a 2nd and a big fat 0 from Sunnette Viljoen. What was I thinking, did she even bother showing up!?

All in all, pretty happy with my team but there's a sense of what could have been. Missed out on getting into the top 20 in the world because of picking her. Extra training for her this week me thinks! Barshim, Lavillanie and James look invincible at the minute as well as Gaitlin. Always feel guilty picking him but he took care of business.

I didn't even know letsrun had a league going, don't really go onto the forum much anymore but mostly check out the main page dna_leri.

Stuck my name in the letsrun league there. Waiting for approval.

Stuck my name in the letsrun league there. Waiting for approval.

But did you update your team?
    Looks like you missed the deadline but should still get a few points from Gatlin :eek: and Lavillenie. So don't give up yet.

I had disappointments from Stowers & SAFP.
    Should have captained Pichardo instead of Renaud LaV.
    I am trying to avoid Gatlin but if you want to win it's hard to avoid the PEDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Missed this tonight, but my feed is all about some 17 year old (allegedly) winning the 5 in sub 13?

• Advertisement

Only a national record for Barr in lane 2 !

But did you update your team?
    Looks like you missed the deadline but should still get a few points from Gatlin :eek: and Lavillenie. So don't give up yet.

I had disappointments from Stowers & SAFP.
    Should have captained Pichardo instead of Renaud LaV.
    I am trying to avoid Gatlin but if you want to win it's hard to avoid the PEDs.

Balls! I completely forgot the meet was even on yesterday. It's going to be a long road to recover from that if I even can.

No shame in finishing down the field if you know you did it clean dna_leri.:p

There's no way I'm going to catch ye lads:( I'll try but I can't see it happening.

Had the maps and weather reports out this morning putting the team together to try and get an edge:pac: Wiki tells me there's no meeting record for the Women's discus but I'm a bit suspicious that the page was edited last night. Ye wouldn't know anything about that edit of course:D

Joking aside, Today was probably one of the tougher meets to pick a team as a whole for me. Should be interesting but it's definitely one of the weaker events on the calender, a few class acts competing all the same. Still not sure about Perkovic as captain as I can't find an MR anywhere for the discus and I quite fancy Amos and Stowers to be in with a shot of a record in their races but the 110H is always tough to call.

Still, pretty happy with my selection so we'll see!:)

Oslo was my lowest score so far, just scraped over the 100 points.

Only 24 hours until the next deadline.
    With so many US athletes entered it's hard to only pick 2 of them.
    I see Mark English takes on Rudisha in the 800 again - I would not bet against him.

I completely bombed in Oslo. Tried to play it safe by picking both Barshim and Bondarenko in the high jump AND both Kemboi and Birech in the Steeple. Souleiman in the mile was a disaster too. Strangely enough, I was still nearer the winner's score in Oslo than I was in Doha, Eugene or Rome.

I've cobbled together a provisional team for tomorrow, so might still make some changes yet.

Oslo was my lowest score so far, just scraped over the 100 points.

Only 24 hours until the next deadline.
    With so many US athletes entered it's hard to only pick 2 of them.
    I see Mark English takes on Rudisha in the 800 again - I would not bet against him.

It will be interesting to see what shape Rudisha is in. The fact that he pulled out of Birmingham suggests that he still has a bit to go, so it could be a really good opportunity for English. Whatever shape Rudisha is in, if he's in the race, he will run from the front.

I went with a make or break tactic in picking Dibaba as captain over Barshim but I had to if I'm to have any chance of catching up. Hoping the tiny chance of Dibaba running a MR/WR might happen. It paid off but not in the way I thought it might.

Risks galore from here on in!:)

Paris up tonight. I've had two meetings in a row where I've scored fewer than 100 points, so I need a decent result.

Women's 5k and Men's Steeplechase should be really great races, the steeple looks very deep and hopefully they'll push the pace. Very interested to see what Evan Jager might do. He looked very easy running 8:12 at the US champs, so he should be in better form than he was at Eugene. 3:32 for 1500m this year is pretty special.

Let down by Barshim & Lavillenie, I am suffering from a mid-season dip but still time to turn it around before I get passed out.

354315.PNG

• Advertisement

Despite missing the earlier transfer deadline for Stockholm, due to the outdoor shot competition, I have somehow managed to limit the losses with only Kiprop, Sum and Van Niekerk out for tonight.

Advertisement