Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Dublin support group for students with ME, CFS +/or Fibromyalgia

Options
  • 22-02-2015 6:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Rachel Lynch of the Northside Fibromyalgia group has told me of a new group that is starting in Dublin. It will meet in the Arts block in Trinity College Dublin (that's the first building one comes to if one enters Trinity College from the Nassau Street entrance). Note that students from any college can attend.

Here are the basic details:
    The group will meet once a month. The first meeting will take place in Trinity College on Tuesday 24 Feb from 6pm - 7pm Location: Arts, in Room
    4045 SL seminar Room (A). contact details: Rachel Lynch M: 087 997 6252 or Ursula Hakman M: 086 450 3227or email: info@fibroireland.com, www.fibroireland.com.

Rachel told me four people with Fibromyalgia and two people with ME/CFS have signed up.

Hopefully they will continue to get the numbers to keep it going. It would be good if people told others that might be interested about it to help ensure it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭kangaroo

kangaroo wrote: »
    Rachel Lynch of the Northside Fibromyalgia group has told me of a new group that is starting in Dublin. It will meet in the Arts block in Trinity College Dublin (that's the first building one comes to if one enters Trinity College from the Nassau Street entrance). Note that students from any college can attend.

Here are the basic details:
    The group will meet once a month. The first meeting will take place in Trinity College on Tuesday 24 Feb from 6pm - 7pm Location: Arts, in Room
    4045 SL seminar Room (A). contact details: Rachel Lynch M: 087 997 6252 or Ursula Hakman M: 086 450 3227or email: info@fibroireland.com, www.fibroireland.com.

Rachel told me four people with Fibromyalgia and two people with ME/CFS have signed up.

Hopefully they will continue to get the numbers to keep it going. It would be good if people told others that might be interested about it to help ensure it.
    It was mentioned on page 2 of the Irish Times today.

Rachel has told me tonight:
    We are trying to keep to a peer group so we’ve decided that if there is a speaker meeting people outside the age group can attend and if the meeting is specifically about issues for 19-25 year olds we’ll keep it to that.

They're now starting a second group for older people:
    Just to let you know about next meeting in Trinity. We had a fare bit of interest from older people so we’ll see how a second group for that goes. We hadn’t planned on that so we’ll see how it goes. If people turn up we’ll run with it.

TRINITY SUPPORT GROUP FOR FIBRO/ME/CFS/SEID

Please share this post to let people know support is out there

Just a reminder that the next Fibro/ME/CFS/SEID support meeting is on
    Tuesday 24th of March at 6pm -7pm in Trinity college.

We had enough interest from older people looking for a support group in the city centre to form another group, so we will have that group after the young people.

Young people(age 18-27): 6pm - 7pm

Older people(age 28 up): 7pm - 8pm

Please note for those of you that attended the first meeting we are in a different room

Room: AP2.04 in Aras an Phiarsaigh.

It's on the second floor.

Booking is essential as we are very limited with space. Please only book if you are going to make the meeting.

To book a place please contact
    Rachel Lynch M: 087 997 6252 (Mon-Fri 4.30pm - 7pm only)
    or
    Ursula Hakman M: 086 450 3227(Mon-Fri 11am-4pm only)
    or email
    info@fibroireland.com

Next meeting:
    Speaker meeting will take place in Trinity College
    on Tuesday 21 April from 6pm - 8pm
    Deirdre McSwiney, Sleep Technologist from the Mater Private will be talking about Sleep Management

We usually have 2 separate meetings for young people and older people but as this is a speaker meeting both groups will be together.

Booking essential as places limited. Please contact
    Rachel Lynch M: 087 997 6252 (Mon-Fri 4.30pm - 7pm only)
    Ursula Hakman M: 086 450 3227(Mon-Fri 11am-4pm only)
    or email E: info@fibroireland.com
    to book a place.

Note there are two groups. You don't need to be a student to attend I believe
    Fibro/ME Trinity Group Support Meeting

Venue: Room 3027 - The Arts Building in Trinity College
    Date: Tuesday 28th July

Time: 3.00pm - 4.30pm - Young persons group (Age 18-27)

4.30pm -5.30pm - Over age 28

Booking essential as space limited

Please confirm your attendance with Rachel Lynch
    on 087 997 6252 or email: info@fibroireland.com

[The Arts Building is the building at the pedestrian entrance on Nassau Street (at the bottom of Dawson Street)].

Note there are two groups. You don't need to be a student to attend I believe
    Fibro/ME Trinity Group Support Meeting

Venue: Room 3027 - The Arts Building in Trinity College
    Date: Tuesday 28th July

Time: 3.00pm - 4.30pm - Young persons group (Age 18-27)

4.30pm -5.30pm - Over age 28

Booking essential as space limited

Please confirm your attendance with Rachel Lynch
    on 087 997 6252 or email: info@fibroireland.com

[The Arts Building is the building at the pedestrian entrance on Nassau Street (at the bottom of Dawson Street)].

• Advertisement
Advertisement