Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC WiFi Connection Dropping Constantly!

Options
  • 15-07-2015 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

hi i recently received the horizon box! I was excited until i hooked it up to my w7 machine! The internet connection drops every 20 seconds! Its really painful and we are regretting the internet package already! Please help

Thanks Guys!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

crazy7001 wrote: »
    hi i recently received the horizon box! I was excited until i hooked it up to my w7 machine! The internet connection drops every 20 seconds! Its really painful and we are regretting the internet package already! Please help

Thanks Guys!

As discussed here now countless times simply change the wifi channel the box is broadcasting on probably set by default to ch1 to either ch11 or ch7.

If that doesnt work u will need to connect another router to one of the lan ports on the back of the horizon box.

If you wish to change the WiFi settings manually, enter the following address in the Internet browser of your computer, smartphone or tablet: gwlogin.net. Enter admin as both the username and password.

http://support.upc.ie/app/answers/detail/a_id/628/~/changing-the-wireless-channel-on-the-horizon-tv-hd+-box

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

install inssider on your win7 laptop and find an uncongested channel and do as suggested above

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/5936-inssider.html

Also, Cordless handsets can play havoc with Wifi signals. if you ave these pull the batteries out for a while and unplug the base station and see if the problem goes away.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

steveon wrote: »
    If that doesnt work u will need to connect another router to one of the lan ports on the back of the horizon box.

Can anyone recommend a good router for doing this?

I have an old UPC modem that works fine, but it doesn't have a LAN in. No way around this, I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,042 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

you dont require a LAN in, just attach it to any lan port. Also turn off DHCP on the old router

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Thanks for your help.

Which network name should show up? Both are there for me, but I can't get onto the internet with the non-Horizon router. When I connect to the Horizon one, I can get online, but can only get to the router settings page for the other one. Is this right?

edit: I think I might have it working ok now, but should it be possible to connect something via ethernet to the secondary router? I have wireless speakers and my laptop/phone aren't recognising them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement