Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC New album and Tour.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,143 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I say if you can't beat them - join them.
    I can't fúcking wait for it - pub at 2pm - AC/DC at 9pm :D
    It's all about managing the pace.
    It's gonna be epic - The greatest rock band in the world.
    Will be my 3rd (and probably last :() time seeing them.

Shot down in Flames :D

Going up on a bus and the other people going can't get the full day off work so we have to leave at 3pm the earliest

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

Vintage Trouble apparently are the support for this, saw them open for The Who. Pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

MetalDog wrote: »
    Vintage Trouble apparently are the support for this, saw them open for The Who. Pretty good.

Yeah, saw them in Whelan's in 2013 - when they were over with The Who

Was a stunning little gig - Great Band

Was hoping they would do another side-show somewhere local this week but alas there doesn't appear to be anything happening.

Saw vintage trouble supporting bon jovi in 2011. Good support band but would of loved a hard rock support eg the darkness

• Registered Users Posts: 6,357 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Received email from TM...

Gates: 18:00
    Support: 19:15
    ACDC: 20:30

Also included a list of items not permitted so no garden furniture now lads/ladettes!!

What is the story with smoking is there a smoking area says no smoking within stadium?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

This.."I reckon this gig will be full of drunken, day tripper, fair weather friends, "ah sure its a bit of craic" type of fan .... absolute fcukin headwrecks....."

Then this..."Okay, I am off to learn the tracks from the new album as I just couldnt be arsed with the new album even though I bought it. Will be 3rd gig next Wed."

:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Also included a list of items not permitted so no garden furniture now lads/ladettes!!

What is the story with smoking is there a smoking area says no smoking within stadium?

Yeah, smoking area is outside the stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

poundhound wrote: »
    This.."I reckon this gig will be full of drunken, day tripper, fair weather friends, "ah sure its a bit of craic" type of fan .... absolute fcukin headwrecks....."

Then this..."Okay, I am off to learn the tracks from the new album as I just couldnt be arsed with the new album even though I bought it. Will be 3rd gig next Wed."

:rolleyes:

and your point is?

Yeah, smoking area is outside the stadium.

Designated like? As no reentry

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Designated like? As no reentry

Nope, just leave the stadium and keep walking. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 aidan7990

Hey,

I am heading up to tomorrow for night out before the concert. seriously cant wait for it.

Does anyone know if anything on night before for acdc fans? thought might be a tribute band or themed table quiz but can see anything and think something like that would be good crack. the more time around my fellow acdc fans the better.

anyone know of anything let me know

Nope, just leave the stadium and keep walking. :)

At nearly 100 yoyo a ticket I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭rock whore

Yeah, they take their smoking ban seriously too. Security prowl the crowd to make sure no one is smoking.
    Seems silly at an outdoor show.

rock whore wrote: »
    Yeah, they take their smoking ban seriously too. Security prowl the crowd to make sure no one is smoking.

Ya silly alright, ah well roll on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Penfailed

rock whore wrote: »

Seems silly that people still smoke...

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

Whole Lotta Voltage an acdc tribute band are playing after the race meeting in fairyhouse on weds 1st july. seems odd that members of a top tribute band will not even be at a live show of there idols. The crowd at fairyhouse will just be a few kids and few drunken guys in suites lol. all the die hard acdc fans will be at the aviva not fairyhouse

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

Really ejnoyed Vintage Trouble at Glasto on TV. Worth getting in early for I reckon.
    Also, new to me that AC/DC are now on Spotify!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Hampden gig was great, as usual, but in all honesty it's such a finely-tuned machine at this stage you know exactly what you're going to get. They were on stage quite early, shortly after 8pm, so if you want to actually see the show and not just spend the day drinking to the point where you're not sure if you're actually there or not, I wouldn't hang about getting into the stadium.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

From Glasgow:

sm_DSC00664.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭flasher0030

and your point is?

I think it's a very obvious point. You were complaining in a "music snobbery" type of way that there will be fairweather fans at the gig. And then you said that you couldn't be arsed with the new album even though you bought it.

Think you got busted there. That sounds as fairweather as you can get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Whole Lotta Voltage an acdc tribute band are playing after the race meeting in fairyhouse on weds 1st july. seems odd that members of a top tribute band will not even be at a live show of there idols. The crowd at fairyhouse will just be a few kids and few drunken guys in suites lol. all the die hard acdc fans will be at the aviva not fairyhouse

They are playing Fairyhouse Racecourse from 12pm till 1pm.

http://www.wholelottavoltage.net/gig-dates/

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

9 Stone Cowboy are playing a full set of AC/DC classics, including rarities, in Fibber Magees Parnell St after the Aviva show.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1672453582988349/

11412132_390323441159879_749855951334103636_n.png?oh=75a1a97346615a68b47cfd0334fac7e4&oe=55E843C0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

They're not making bands like that anymore. Great gig.
    'for those about to rock' worth the entry fee alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

Great gig, loved Dirty Deeds and TNT.

First time in the Aviva, great venue. We were seated great view of the stage.
    Not use to clean toilets at a rock gig:D

Good to see loads of kids there rocking out with their parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,144 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Savage gig last night,where do they get the energy especially Angus ,like a feckin young lad!!!.highlights for me were tntDirty deeds ,for those about to rock and u shock me all night long .much better gig and atmosphere than punchestown .was on the pitch and 'twas entertaining from lads blotto drunk and high on whatever oblivious to what was going on to women getting their knockers out to lads peeing in pint cups,a couple giving each other hand jobs !! To the majority just enjoying and going nuts to every song .really enjoyed it and hopefully they'll be back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

amazing gig

much better than I expected - I thought the age thing would go against them but they fúcking blew me away - great crowd/atmosphere - a very special day

"Shot Down in Flames" was a real treat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The only song in the set list for this tour that I was disappointed with was Baptism by Fire. I know they always play songs from the current album but that one is one of the poorer songs on ROB.

I would have loved Dogs of War and they even made a video for Rock the Blues Away so I was surprised that wasn't the choice after Play Ball and the title track. Baptism by Fire is pretty crap in all honesty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

The only song in the set list for this tour that I was disappointed with was Baptism by Fire. I know they always play songs from the current album but that one is one of the poorer songs on ROB.

I would have loved Dogs of War and they even made a video for Rock the Blues Away so I was surprised that wasn't the choice after Play Ball and the title track. Baptism by Fire is pretty crap in all honesty.

Yeah Dogs of War would have been my choice as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I think it's a very obvious point. You were complaining in a "music snobbery" type of way that there will be fairweather fans at the gig. And then you said that you couldn't be arsed with the new album even though you bought it.

Think you got busted there. That sounds as fairweather as you can get.

Really? Where did I do that then?

I didnt write post #595? Some dude called RayCon did. Nothing to do with me.

You are mixing me up with a different poster. Do you want some cream to go with that humble pie..:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Rudd gets a light sentence, wonder will they jettison Slade the second it finishes :pac:

www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-33456793

But seriously at least he's looking better than he did when he was arrested initially.

Advertisement